This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help about SG-1 DVDs

Just a question: Does the US (region 1) SG-1 DVD season packs include Spanish language audio, or just english?

You don't want to know the kind of crimes committed here in Europe with the SG-1 DVDs editions...

Originally posted by Gully Foyle
    Just a question: Does the US (region 1) SG-1 DVD season packs include Spanish language audio, or just english?
    I don't think so (I have the R1 version of season 1), but I could be wrong. I'll check when I get home if no one has offered a definative answer.

You don't want to know the kind of crimes committed here in Europe with the SG-1 DVDs editions...
    I've bought the releases from M.G.M - U.K. and they have been fine (at least season 3-7 is). I assume you are referring to some other European release?

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
      I don't think so (I have the R1 version of season 1), but I could be wrong. I'll check when I get home if no one has offered a definative answer.
      Please, by all means!

Originally posted by ibwolf
      I've bought the releases from M.G.M - U.K. and they have been fine (at least season 3-7 is). I assume you are referring to some other European release?
      For season 2 they didn't use the DVDs, cover, etc., of the packed american edition; instead they used the unsold stock leftovers of the first release, and since first season in that release was "skimmed" in just 1 DVD (called vol.1), the first vol. of season 2 is still labeled as "vol. 2". Now, they published the 1st season pack just as the american one, so after the vol. 5 of season 1 goes vol. 2 of season 2... and so on, and on.

Likewise, even if it's the european release, some of the 2nd season DVDs have Spanish audios, and some, doesn't. What is a pain. And since my girlfrined wants to watch the full series, and doesn't speak english (very baaad for a geek), I hope the US release has the "international" (i.e., chicano) Spanish audio, as happens with the R1 Firefly, and other films which I own...

Comment

Just buy from the USA amazon.com! Their SG-1 DVDs are fine.
        O'Neill: Right, Carter you can fix it right?
        Carter: Uh, I don't know sir...
        O'Neill: What?!!??
        -From Red Sky

Comment

No spanish language on ANY of the discs, season 1 has spanish subtitles, but after that, nothing. Sorry.
          Rocky

Comment

Hmm, I just looked at my disc's (region 1), and all of season 1 has english/spanish/french audio, but 2-6 have english only audio. Popped one in to check, and indeed it did. Not sure why some do and some don't.
            O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
            Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Please, by all means!
              Didn't get around to it, but I see someone else checked their disks.

For season 2 they didn't use the DVDs, cover, etc., of the packed american edition; instead they used the unsold stock leftovers of the first release, and since first season in that release was "skimmed" in just 1 DVD (called vol.1), the first vol. of season 2 is still labeled as "vol. 2". Now, they published the 1st season pack just as the american one, so after the vol. 5 of season 1 goes vol. 2 of season 2... and so on, and on.
              I don't really see any of that as a problem. Myself I have seasons 1 and 2 from R1 and then volumes 8 through 37 of R2 releases. The fact that "volume 8 is actually the 11 Stargate disk sitting on my shelf doesn't bother me much. In fact I prefer R2's 6 disk releases to R1's 5 disk sets as it requires less compression.

Of course the R2 releases really should have numbered their releases by season (2.1 etc) but it's too late to do much about it.

Likewise, even if it's the european release, some of the 2nd season DVDs have Spanish audios, and some, doesn't. What is a pain. And since my girlfrined wants to watch the full series, and doesn't speak english (very baaad for a geek), I hope the US release has the "international" (i.e., chicano) Spanish audio, as happens with the R1 Firefly, and other films which I own...
              Would Spanish subtitles be enough? Ramne didn't say if S2-6 had them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Personally I also favor original language + subtitles over dubbing. Regardless of what the original language is.

Comment

Does anyone knowns if there are Danish/English subtitles in Season 7 and 8??

And What about SG Atlantis does Season 1 contains subtitles?? When it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by jilarsen
                  Does anyone knowns if there are Danish/English subtitles in Season 7 and 8??

And What about SG Atlantis does Season 1 contains subtitles?? When it comes out.
                  English, yes. Danish, no. (I'm talking region 2, of course - I don't think the region 1 DVD's even have English subs.)
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Thx, I hope that season 8 and nine will be with subtitles aswell.

Comment

Working...
                    X