Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'The Unit' Appreciation and discussion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Unit' Appreciation and discussion thread.

This is a thread devoted to my non stargate/ scifi TV show the Unit. I love the unit, the action the characters and the plot. It does strike me as being real, the characters are developed and make sense. So what do you all think? Love it hate it? Or somewhere in between, this is the thread for you.

the show "The Unit" is an awsome show i love watching it every teusday. good action, awsome acting. and it has the US Army. HOOAH!
    First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

awsome show

Comment

Yeah, I really like the show to. My idea for this thread would be a place where us fans of the Unit could talk about the episodes just aired, or opinions.
        Now for the Unit. Like I said great show, one of the best on TV. Even though it is not an army show it does not overload us on action, it is not constantly one thing blowing up after another. there is the back story of the Unit's wives, which provide some intresting stories, because they cannot tell their wives what they do, which causes some moments of tension.
        Scott Foley, and Dennis HayesBert do a great job in the roles of Bob Brown and Jonas Blaine. The new rookie to the Unit, and the old commander, who has been around for a long time.
        The one area that this show lets us down is a lack of apprpriate character development. We see alot of Bob, the wives, and Jonas. But not enough of any of the others. We see snipets of Mack, but we virtually know nothing about Gray, and less about Williams. Which makes us almost have an overload of Jonas and Bob, even though they are my two favorite characters. Well there is my brief review of the series

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Yeah, I really like the show to. My idea for this thread would be a place where us fans of the Unit could talk about the episodes just aired, or opinions.
          Now for the Unit. Like I said great show, one of the best on TV. Even though it is not an army show it does not overload us on action, it is not constantly one thing blowing up after another. there is the back story of the Unit's wives, which provide some intresting stories, because they cannot tell their wives what they do, which causes some moments of tension.
          Scott Foley, and Dennis HayesBert do a great job in the roles of Bob Brown and Jonas Blaine. The new rookie to the Unit, and the old commander, who has been around for a long time.
          The one area that this show lets us down is a lack of apprpriate character development. We see alot of Bob, the wives, and Jonas. But not enough of any of the others. We see snipets of Mack, but we virtually know nothing about Gray, and less about Williams. Which makes us almost have an overload of Jonas and Bob, even though they are my two favorite characters. Well there is my brief review of the series
          Are we talking about the same unit show here. Because the show the unit is an army show. Last week on the show the sargeant major disguised himself as an frican somebody with that goodlooking chick. Trying to assassinat a powerful warlord i guess. next week the previews show the sergeant major kidnapped. I like the begining of the show. The cadence.

Comment

Yeah, we are talking about the same show. Although in the last episode it was the mexican oil minister. And the Sergent Majors name is Jonas Blaine. Next weeks episode of the Unit does look good though. I actually liked that bit with thre team fighting the rear guard action there. But we are talking about the same show.

Comment

ok cool. I can't get that song out of my head or cadence. From the begining of the show it's real good.

Comment

You know, I never watched the pilot to the series. The first episode that I ever saw was Non Permissive Environment. The one where they are in spain, and the government suddenly backs out on the team being there after they killed the guy that they were then not suposed to kill. So they became fugitives.
                Which reminds me in that episode Bob Brown was clearly speaking spanish, then in Tuesdays he was pretending not to. Which nearly made me laugh when they captured him. You knew that he could understand every word his captors were saying. His impression of the blue booby was great. Dumb question, is that a real bird?

Comment

Wathced 'Bait' tonight, and might I say this has been one of the best episodes of the series to date. Although that still has to go to Kill Zone.
                  Good: Finally a coloenel tom episode, about time he got some action. And also finally my respect for him has returned in full, I have always disliked the character since the end of season one. It was good to see the whole Tiffy is going to go to jail thing get done with. And it was a satifactory out come over all. I agree with Mrs. Ryan, that could not have ended well if she told the truth, and I am not compleatly sure she did something wrong. Also, last but not least, the whole last scene, the best of the show.
                  Blaine: Does the state department know?
                  Mack: No, but the airforce does.
                  They turn around to watch a bomb fly into the back of the jeep and blow it up. You could see the actual bomb, amazing, and you did not see or here the craft that dropped it. Realistic.
                  The Bad: No Gray or Williams again. And also Tiffy is going to work for that anti war person. I smell blood in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Good: Finally a coloenel tom episode, about time he got some action. And also finally my respect for him has returned in full, I have always disliked the character since the end of season one. It was good to see the whole Tiffy is going to go to jail thing get done with. And it was a satifactory out come over all. I agree with Mrs. Ryan, that could not have ended well if she told the truth, and I am not compleatly sure she did something wrong.
                    I wasn’t too satisfied with it. That goes on her record and she didn’t even do it. Plus Col Ryan still doesn’t know that his wife was the guilty one. Not a fan of the colonel’s wife and her drinking. I didn’t see the episode where she got shot, but that excuse is no longer valid for her behavior.

Not too sure of what to make of Tiffy doing her community service helping out that anti-war guy.

Otherwise good episode. I didn’t watch much of season 1, but I’ve been watching this season because there is nothing else to watch on Tuesday night.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

i mist the show last night.

Comment

So since posting is light, I was wondering you fellow fans. What plots would you like to see throughout the show? New plots, or plots that that you would like to see picked up from earlier in the show.

Comment

i love this show it its like rainbow 6 and ghost recon for real.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                            i love this show it its like rainbow 6 and ghost recon for real.
                            Actually, I don't know how much of the credits you wacth, but at the bottome it says "based on the book Inside Delta Force" By Eric Haney, who was a real life special forces operator. And Eric Haney is also a supervising producer. some of the back ground plots are also from the book, like there is a bit in season one where Ryan is telling a story to a family about an incident, exploading tooth paste. And since I have the book I was able to reconize the story as being one that actually happened.

Comment

last night episode was great.

Comment

Working...
                              X