• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Strike (320)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 320

An unstoppable energy weapon leaves Atlantis under seige after Earth launches a preemptive attack against the Replicator home world.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:38 PM.

This episode has now aired in Canada, discuss away!

Comment

Soft reset indeed

Spoiler:
      However, The ending had predictable outcome and you launch the city on one ZPM. What would you expect a failure someway after launch and what happens the city is trapped in "Dead-space"

Maybe Atlantis will be come "Stargate: Deep-space Night". Now it's a official space station and i don't see the likeliness of them relocating to a planet

Mckay will have to recalibrate the stargate to be able to dial out. To call for help

Comment

Pretty awesome episode and that is very welcome after the mediocre episodes lately.

So Dr Keller aka Jewel Staite makes her first appearance here. Some people might be happy to know that Carson is mentioned by her and held in high regard by Keller as well. The background on her character so far is that she was just a 'normal' doctor who stepped up to temporarily assume the CMO position. She doesn't feel she's up to the task though, and is asking Weir when the IOA are going to approve a new CMO. Weir seemed to be quite OK with Keller staying in the role and was reassuring Keller that she's up to the task.

Colonel Ellis is a no-nonsense kinda military guy. Kinda similiar to what Colonel Everett was like when he first showed up in Siege pt2. He seems more 'hardline' I suppose than Caldwell does. He's kinda antagonistic towards Weir at the start, but soften up to her towards the end. He also seems to advocate a military leadership of Atlantis, commenting to Sheppard that he (Sheppard) should be in command of Atlantis.

The Apollo is just a Deadalus 304 class ship. Didn't seem to be any different to me. Though I noticed Ellis' badge said "U.S.S. Apollo"... Have they actually used the U.S.S. prefix on the Earth ships before?
        Major Lorne is a fighter pilot now? Is that new or had it been mentioned before?

The CG was very cool in this episode. I remember Martin Wood talking about the 1min long, entirely CG scene in those interviews that kicked up the stir a little while back. The scene was where the MIRV was launched from the Apollo to nuke the replicator planet and was simply awesome. The Atlantis at night shots were pretty good too, especially when the "laser" (Dr. Evil quotes there ) was impacting the shield.

Not really much of Ronan or Teyla in this episode. Ronan himself said it with his "I need to learn some science", commenting on how he feels useless in this type of scenario. We've had a scene with Ronan trying to teach McKay some hand-to-hand so I wonder if there's gonna be a scene with McKay trying to teach Ronan some science in s4? Teyla was very 'serious' this episode... I don't think she smiled once lol. Dire circumstances means no smileys from Teyla
        There was some Zelenka in this episode (bad luck to the Shep/McKay slashers... Shep slashes Rodney/Radek...) and a bit of Lorne. Not very much Keller, really only a brief introduction to the character and a little snippet of her in action at the end. There was a fair bit of Ellis.

I'm not really sure what happened to Weir. She was injured at the end of the episode when the "laser" (Dr. Evil quotes again) 'grazed' the control tower as they were flying the city off the planet. She was being lifted onto a stretcher, covered in a blanket and had a neck brace and oxygen mask on when Shep got to the control room. Keller doesn't know if she'll be ok, since "she took quite a fall and her pupils are still sluggish. I'm gonna have to get her under a scanner - I'll know more in a bit". Obviously 'in a bit' is gonna mean the S4 opener....
        There was also a fair bit of talk about Weir's command in this ep. Weir herself remarked to Teyla that she felt the IOA have been undermining her command of Atlantis by repeatedly going straight to a military solution to the big, pressing concerns. She even said that she 'may have to resign when this is all over'. Ellis was not coy about informing Shep of his opinion that Shep should be in command of Atlantis, though he did make a kind of peace with Weir when he said that he does respect her even if he may seem like he doesn't lol. I wonder where they're gonna take that in S4?

So Atlantis is adrift in an unknown location in space, with limited power (24 hours) and no way to call for help. I wonder if an 11th hour appearance by a ZPM carrying Odyssey is on the cards for the s4 opener?
        Last edited by Agent_Dark; 06 February 2007, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thetron View Post
          Soft reset indeed

Spoiler:
          However, The ending had predictable outcome and you launch the city on one ZPM. What would you expect a failure someway after launch and what happens the city is trapped in "Dead-space"

Maybe Atlantis will be come "Stargate: Deep-space Night". Now it's a official space station and i don't see the likeliness of them relocating to a planet

Mckay will have to recalibrate the stargate to be able to dial out. To call for help
          Well I doubt that since a) they have a very limited amount of power available (no power means no shield, which means no atmosphere, which means no breathing...) and b) a stargate needs to be on or in orbit around a planet to function. It doesn't work in the middle of deep space.
          Both of those were stated by McKay in the ep...

Comment

Awesome ****ing finale. Beautiful visuals. The Apollo blowing up tech stuff was awesome. The beam hitting Atlantis was awesome. Atlantis sinking was awesome & Atlantis flying was awesome & the new doctor is hot

Comment

Awesome ep! *SQUEE!* I had chills while watching which I only get from great episodes! Well and open windows, and doors too...
              -Sinking the city!
              -Flying the city!!!!
              -Why do you get to be MR. Fantastic?
              -Ronon admitting he needs to study science, priceless.
              -Shep telling Mckay and Zelenka to "make out and get it over with." HAHAHA
              Last edited by Franklyn Blaze; 06 February 2007, 02:40 AM.

Comment

can any1 please post some screencap's of this best moment's and worst cheer's i would thought alot of people would want to check it out ^^

Comment

sounds like a cool episode, 5 weeks and it'll air in the uk

is there any caps available?

edit. thanks franklyn blaze, look forward to it
                  Last edited by zer0_1; 06 February 2007, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Ill try and get a few caps up of the climax of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                      I'm certainly no shipper, but Sheppard had to know that the Invisible Woman marries Mr. Fantastic.
                      Of course, one might argue that McKay makes more sense as Mr. Fantastic than Sheppard. Mr. Fantastic being the crazy scientist guy and all.

Still, that was one of the best-written sequences in, well, the history of Atlantis. I loved the way Teyla pointed out that she wasn't invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        Well I doubt that since a) they have a very limited amount of power available (no power means no shield, which means no atmosphere, which means no breathing...) and b) a stargate needs to be on or in orbit around a planet to function. It doesn't work in the middle of deep space.
                        Both of those were stated by McKay in the ep...
                        cough cough midway station / bridge

Comment

72 screencaps on my FTP. Either download them individually or in a rar-file(39MB) no. 43 is a personal fav

ftp://gate:[email protected]:3993
                          http://www.teamswe.se/gateworld/s03e20.rar
                          Last edited by aAnubiSs; 06 February 2007, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckedtapedemon View Post
                            cough cough midway station / bridge
                            He said the gate needs to be attenuated in order to function properly.

Comment

Working...
                            X