No announcement yet.

Vengeance (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the darker episodes of SGA, the Michael arc certainly changed the tone of the series, it began with the moral ambiguity of changing a Wraith into a human with a retro virus and develops into a situation that haunts the people of Atlantis. This episode is the first we see of the dark dank places where Micheal's anger and rage bring horrors to life to unleash on his perceived wrong doers.

The lengths he is prepared to go to are hinted at here in the horrific way he discards human life in the course of his experiments. Finding the room full of decaying stinking bodies was truly a horrific scene, and one we've not seen the likes of in SGA, this added to the sense of disgust we can feel as viewers towards Michael. From now we can only wonder what depths he will sink to.

Connor Trineer really does a great job bringing this angry, yet lost character yearning to belong somewhere to life.

Comment

This is where I stopped agreeing with Micheal and his whole you made me and I did this to survive type of speech. It loses its justification when he goes around mass murdering an innocent civilization. I did not find this episode scary in JM's intended scary story and more of it was just plain creepy. Using the Iratus bug and human DNA to make a new form of Wraith was kind of disgusting and creepy. Which I can understand since these bug creatures are creepy kind of people. But it seems kind of a long episode. It seems like too much of the episode is Atlantis team running around the tunnels after these bugs. It gets boring after awhile. And the idiot award goes to Sheppherd. He agrees they need to stop playing cat and mouse and when the control crystal from the gate is stolen he goes back in and plays another game with the bugs. It made no sense. Overall its a "meh" episode. Not bad but not good
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Great ep. Pretty scary one as well.

Love the start with Ronon and McKay sparring. Well I guess sparring isn't the right word. It was more like McKay taking a beating from Ronon haha.

The ep had a very Aliens feel to it. Especially with the motion detector being similar to the one from Aliens. Beep beep beep beep *They're right on top of us!*

The Aliens looked a lot like PredAliens.

It was great seeing Michael again. He really is turning into quite the foe now. Even more dangerous than the rest of the Wraith actually.
        sigpic

Comment

When i saw Pred/aliens 2, it did remind me somewhat of these critters...

Comment

MIdweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. Having now seen the Alien series..."eat this" was the line of choice when Shep machine gunned the bug from behind the door.

2. Of course, now we know how MIchael got his intel it's interesting that that was the biggest unanswered question at the end of this.

3. Those Marines were dumb.

Decent ep.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My LiveJournal post
              Good ep, was surprised to see Michael again.
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Now, this was creepy. Good episode.
                Nice to see Ronon yelling at Sheppard

But speaking of Shep, yeah, going back in there, when they found the control crystal missing, that was plain dumb.

Comment

Liked the episode. A little inconsistent on the ease to kill the new super bug people but that is the way the show is with everything.

The show brought up something interesting. Do we ever learn how the wraith reproduce? We haven't seen any wraith children running around or eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                    Do we ever learn how the wraith reproduce? We haven't seen any wraith children running around or eggs.
                    Yes we do... just hang in there...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wish they did more with these bugs 'cause they seem kinda...wimpy. Yeah, they look cool and are presented as threatening, but their actions don't support that. One gets its arm chopped off and runs off and the team isn't even scratched. Then, one ambushes three of them and gets killed and the team remains unscathed. Another one even pins and starts pimp slapping Shepard but gets killed and they are STILL unharmed.

And, they keep getting easier and easier to kill. Maybe they could've made these bugs scarier if they had another episode with them but by the end they don't seem very threatening.

sigpic
                      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

This is Sheppard's team we're talking about, they can't die (or stay dead)... they are on the front lines, the safest place you can be.

[/end sarcasm]

Comment

To be fair that's like all TV shows. The main characters can't die.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

They didn't have die. Even SG1 got shot or hurt on the battle field plenty of times. The bugs didn't even scratch Shepard's team. Not a scar, slash mark, bite mark, not even McKay complaining about a cut. Shepard got pounced and his clothes weren't even ripped. They would've been a lot more intimidating if they at least hurt the team to some degree.

sigpic
                            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              To be fair that's like all TV shows. The main characters can't die.
                              Plenty of shows out there where no one's safe, and I'm not talking about Game of Thrones.

Comment

That's because characters die in the books. I'm not sure that really counts
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X