• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vengeance (319)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 319

The Atlantis team investigates the disappearance of one of their allies, only to find an old enemy engineering a race of powerful monsters.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:35 PM.

Hm the Episode was pretty much like I expected.

Spoiler:
    Michael doing genetic iratus experiments on his own which is causing problems

Comment

Interesting episode...

Comment

I can't believe next week is the Atlantis finale & SG-1 will be half way done next week. Life will suck when both Stargate shows finish their seasons & next year will suck even more with only 1 Stargate show

Comment

So what happened?

Comment

Nearfantastica had posted the plot in a thread about Vengeance. Just going to quote....

Originally posted by Nearfantastica View Post
            Carson was not mentioned in the ep, for the person that wanted to know.

Spoiler:
            The team gates to a planet that is refuge to the civilization in season 2 that escaped the giant volcano. That society has been out of contact with Atlantis, and the team go to check it out. When they arrive, they discover that everyone is dead, and there is one life sign on the detector. They follow it into an underground cavern similiar to the Genii fortresses. Once there, they encounter a lab where it appears someone has been doing experiments with Iratus bugs and humans. The team is then attatcked by a giant alien Iratus/Human hybrid that looks like a giant blue cockroach with the same teeth as a Predator (re: Predator movies).
            It turns out that Michael has been doing experiments trying to build an army of super bugs, since he's no longer welcome among the Wraith. There are hundreds of super bugs on the planet, and the team must fight to get out of the stronghold. Michael has taken the control crystal from the DHD.
            There is a scene in the underground between Sheppard and Michael where Sheppard tells Michael he doesn't have a problem killing him. Michael lowers his weapon and steps closer to Shep, stating: "I don't mind dying. Because I know you and your team will never escape."

In the end, Sheppard commandeers Michael's Wraith Dart, scoops up Rodney, Ronon and Teyla, and uses the dart's DHD to get them home.

In the end, they ask Caldwell (who does not make an onscreen appearance) to go and check out the planet, but Michael has disappeared, along with the hundreds of super bugs. All and all, it was a slightly creepy episode with an "Alien" feel. Sheppard even references the film.

The opening sequence is a gym scene between Rodney and Ronon with Ronon "teaching" Rodney how to fight. Rodney is wearing Karate gear almost exactly like what David Hewlett is wearing the the Dog's Breakfast Trailer. It was very cute. Silly without being another worn out "Rodney in place for humor" scene.

I enjoyed the episode very much. Cheers!
            Not seen it personally but looks very interesting, can't wait to see it!

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Sounds very interesting

Comment

Yeah, but I am a bit afraid that
                Spoiler:
                Michael gets a kind of "Ford Nr.2". I want Michael dead or recurring, but not this kind of "He is out there"-Character.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  So what happened?
                  Nearfantastica made a detailed-enough run down of the ep here:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...10#post6262610
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

One of the better episodes of the season imo. I guess the 'Zombies' (they kinda looked like the zombies from Half Life 2 imo) are gonna be the Atlantis version of the Super Soldiers in s4. Though slightly odd how they suddenly turned from 'extremely hard to kill' at the start of the episode, to Ronan picking them off with single shots on the run lol... :s Michael will probably be a fairly large antagonist in season 4 too, by the looks of it. They seem to be setting him up as a renegade Wraith who will be an enemy of both the Wraith and Atlantis.

Also, I think Team Shep needs a refresher course in military tactics.... All this wandering off by themselves, splitting up and going solo when facing an unknown number of hostiles, splitting up and going solo when their communications were jammed...., chattering away like no tomorrow when 'tracking' a bogey - in tunnels none the less (sound carries a long, long way in a tunnel...). I know Sheppard is the only US military officer on the team, but that's what training is for... Ronan and Teyla should be both adequately versed in US military tactics by now.

Comment

No mention of Carson, in a story relating to his character's main (if not only) arc?

Submersion was forgiveable, but this isn't

I won't be watching this one either.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yeaaaaah. Not watching this one.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          No mention of Carson, in a story relating to his character's main (if not only) arc?

Submersion was forgiveable, but this isn't

I won't be watching this one either.
                          what a crappy way of deciding what you do and don't watch.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

P90, it's a disgrace and a disservice to the show's best character. The least they could do is say his name.

Comment

You are not going to watch the entire show until in an Episode somebody says something like "ohhhh remember Carson, wasnt he a poor guy..." ?????

<mod snip>
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 30 January 2007, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X