Tao of Rodney (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwahaha! Isn't the hug great?

Do you have one of the doughnut stealing?

Comment

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/A.jpg

Rodney - I want that doughnut

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/B.jpg

Carson - Thats my doughnut you *******

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/C.jpg

Carson - Sleep with one eye open you doughnut stealing *******

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/D.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/E.jpg

Rodney - Hey Ronon are you hungry

Ronon - Yes

Rodney - Lets go doughnut hunting

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/F.jpg

Rodney - Time for my revenge on Carson

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/G.jpg

Rodney - Yummy

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/12/371902/H.jpg

Rodney - Dont worry big guy you get the next one
      Last edited by Darren; 12 December 2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I liked the episode. I would compare the story to "The Fifth Race" from SG-1, without the awesome ending. There were references to SG-1 in general, "Prototype", story clues from "Lost City", inclusion of events from "The Return p2", and McKay's sister and family.

I have nothing bad to say about this episode, other than the general "TPTB didn't mix the team very much". Don't get me wrong, most of the scenes were very funny, but I was waiting for the logical conclusion to put McKay with Teyla for meditation, not Sheppard. It was a live-and-death situation after all.

And I know TPTB would never change McKay's attitude in future episodes (they would be stupid if they did), but I wasn't expecting McKay to be back to being a jerk right at the end of this episode. I can't say if it would have worked better to end this ep with a I'mSorry!McKay like in Trinity and only cut back to Jerk!McKay next episode.

The really good:
        - Much much much Zelenka. I don't think he was ever featured as much as in this episode.
        - New places in Atlantis. Kudos to the set decorators, because I didn't recognize most of them from somewhere else. (Only the cafeteria really looked like the gate area this time.)
        - Use of the Ancient chair, this time not for defending the city.
        - Much Ancient writing.
        - Bonding scenes with McKay and all the members of his team.
        - Character moments for all main characters, even though this was a McKay episode.
        - References to Halling, even though he wasn't in this episode.
        - Although this episode was rather comical, there were moments where you could feel for McKay and his situation.
        - More about how ascension actually works.
        - McKay claiming in front of Weir that she loved him. Yeah right. And the reaction of Weir.
        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
          The really good:
          - Much much much Zelenka. I don't think he was ever featured as much as in this episode.
          - New places in Atlantis. Kudos to the set decorators, because I didn't recognize most of them from somewhere else. (Only the cafeteria really looked like the gate area this time.)
          - Use of the Ancient chair, this time not for defending the city.
          - Much Ancient writing.
          - Bonding scenes with McKay and all the members of his team.
          - Character moments for all main characters, even though this was a McKay episode.
          - References to Halling, even though he wasn't in this episode.
          - Although this episode was rather comical, there were moments where you could feel for McKay and his situation.
          - More about how ascension actually works.
          - McKay claiming in front of Weir that she loved him. Yeah right. And the reaction of Weir.
          Fully agree with everything you said. i loved the ep but i was wondering why Teyla wasn't used for meditation. The tea scene was very sweet and it was really nice to see more of McKay with Teyla and Ronan not just Shep. Zelenka was fantastic in it. Really felt the sorry scene was brilliantly wrote. The only thing bad i have to say is, i wish they had shown more of Lorne. The guy hasn't been it in for months and we only get a second frame and that's it! Also (sorry) i don't like how the writers are making Carson and Rodney so mean to eachother all the time this season. You wouldn't even think they were mates. Loved the ending, didn't see it coming and it wasn't the typical conclusion. With McKay jerkest at the end, IMO, you could feel the humour in his voice. i think it has changed him and helped him appreciate those he has around him more but i think now the others can understand why he's like that more.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Nice pics, can't wait to see this one. Which will be tonight.
            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

I honestly don't know what to make of this episode. It didn't play as well as I hoped it would, and it seemed very rushed.

It is a McKay episode no doubt about that, but it also did have Team moments and everyone for a change was seen and heard hell even Lorne (for two seconds).

OK so I hate it when McKay is made fun of, and we do get that and no I didn't like it, but we also had McKay apologising to Radek, saving his life, hugging and healing Ronon, being spiritual with Teyla and as usual this weird thing he has with Weir, I mean it is weird.

Also biggest dam McShep episode EVER! *oh the fanfics!* I get why they used John, as they said he is the only one that has been around people while they were trying to ascend, and even if he didn't listen he wanted to help his friend *cough* in his time of need. I loved the love bit...(DADT as I live and breathe! ) I don't blame Rodney for not fully believing them, why should he?

As I said not sure how I feel about this one, I will need to re-watched it, it feels almost like half an idea or episode, I keep thinking there should have been more.

Pity the BIG RED RESET BUTTON gets pushed again by the end but *shugs* what you gonna do?

Comment

I loved this episode. It made me feel all teary! DH did a great job, and the scenes between he and Joe were fantastic, especially the meditation scene! Very good! I loved the team moments, and adored Zelenka here too. Not enough Teyla though, but at least her moments were good.
                I sensed a little Weir/McKay shippiness, but it was quite amusing and sweet really, and as a non-shipper I don't take it seriously. However, I'm delighted for those who follow that pairing. Each deserves a snippet, IMO.
                I loved so many parts of this, but especially the Shep/McKay interaction, though the Shep/Weir scenes were excellent too. Loved the Ronon/McKay hugs - really, really sweet and very emotional. So lots of great team moments and bonding etc... Hooray!
                All in all a great episode, full of bits of humour - yes, Joe F is right, the best humour comes from intense moments of drama, and this episode proves that, IMO. So, a definite thumbs up from this fan. Makes up for last week's offering, thank goodness!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I loved this episode! (:
                  First of all, exploration of the city. Yay! I thought that McKay's new superpowers were really well done (super ego *lol*) and not overly cheesy or anything. I loved when he apologized to Zelenka, the poor guy so deserved it. The scene with Teyla was also sweet.
                  Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                  Also (sorry) i don't like how the writers are making Carson and Rodney so mean to eachother all the time this season. You wouldn't even think they were mates.
                  I agree partly. I love them being all snarky, yet I wish that Rodney's scene with Carson had been longer, not just a quick thank you when he thought he was about to die. I mean, he stole his donut, after all! That's almost unforgivable! (; No really, they have a special bond and that should've been shown.
                  I also loved the meditation scenes with John and Rodney and that we saw John and Elizabeth eating together in the mess hall.
                  The ending was sweet. don't get your hopes high, though, Rodney!

Almost forgot: The return of Chuck Campbell for the second half of this season! YAY!
                  Last edited by leelakin; 12 December 2006, 04:26 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved this ep. The teaser with mckay and zelenka sharing there miserable childhood stories was hilirious. The team moments were really well done and everyone was included although telya noticeably got less than everyone else. My favourite scene has to be mckay stealing carson donut then asking ronan if he wanted to be his sidekick.
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked it. I obviously don't read into episodes as much as some of you, but at least it wasn't as boring or downright stupid as Irresponsible....man that ep sucked.

chem

Comment

I'm gonna watch it now!! Wow thats amazing, ahh Canadians!
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I love this episode! 9/10. It's like a fresh air after the episode from the last week.

McKay was absolutely cool. I liked everything in him, even his super ego
                          The scenes with Teyla, with Ronnon, with Sheppard and the top of the icecream was his book about Elizabeth - only 500 pages long!

I hope there will be more episodes like this one in the future.
                          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                          Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                          http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                          My fan fiction

Comment

Much better than Irresponsible/Irresistable.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

So is there any discovery of a new power source? Rodney doesn't give us any new weapons schematics or make any ZPM's with all of his knowledge and abilities?

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                                So is there any discovery of a new power source? Rodney doesn't give us any new weapons schematics or make any ZPM's with all of his knowledge and abilities?
                                No, gateworld's description was somewhat misleading. There were one or two throw away remarks about ZPMs, but that was it.

Rodney said at the end of the ep that he wouldn't understand any of his notes anymore (and he didn't care to explain any of them while he was still super-smart).

We just learned that after you die but before you ascend, you'll feel as if you were in a black box or a dark place or something.
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X