No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As this episode went on and on, I got more and more of a feeling of 'what the hell am I watching right now?!' and that feeling continued to increase to the very end of it. Quite the sudden and upsetting end to the ep!!

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
      That exploding tumor was such a stupid plot point. And I'd really like to know who thought that essentially recreating a form of Nirrti's experimentation with Cassie to kill Carson was a brilliant idea??
      I just re-watched and was wondering the same thing, I wonder if the intention was there is some relation between the Ancients experimental radiation device and whatever tech the Go'oul'd used to infect Cassie.

Comment

Originally posted by rgritt View Post

I just re-watched and was wondering the same thing, I wonder if the intention was there is some relation between the Ancients experimental radiation device and whatever tech the Go'oul'd used to infect Cassie.
        And you got me thinking...Nirrti's attempt to create an advanced human as a host falls in line with the Ancients' attempts at ascension. What if Nirrti's original host was an Ancient? The Goa'uld symbiote would have access to all of her memories and knowledge and could be using that to aid her research. If she created an advanced enough host, she might be able to pull off what backfired on Anubis, truly ascend instead of getting stuck half way.
        If the tumors were essentially Nirrti's ancient host's research and the symbiote used her research to create an exploding tumor she could control ie "set" it to explode when Cassie neared the Earth gate. The ones on Atlantis (unfortunately) would be more unstable since Atlantis herself is the same Naquadah laced metal as the Stargate, it wouldn't know the difference between that and proximity to the Gate.

Comment

Working...
        X