• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echoes (312)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 312

The inhabitants of Atlantis begin to suffer ill effects when the planet's whale population begins migrating to the island city, bringing an unexpected harbinger of doom.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:52 PM.

i cant beleive the stupid blockheads gave their zpms to the odysessy and earth

Comment

I was going to write a great detailed summary for you all but now that I sit down to type I find I've having trouble remembering details so I shall leave that to people more talented than I.

Things I liked:

- Firstly, I found there was a lot of great snark in this episode! I liked the interesting combination of Zelenka, Sheppard and Ronon in the Puddlejumper at the beginning. Plus it had a lot of great little character moments throughout.

- I loved that Rodney was immensely pleased that his whale friend is back to visit. And that Sheppard thought Rodney naming the whale 'Sam' was “creepy”. Hee

- I liked that Teyla got more screentime. Her and Ronon have a number of scenes together. I'm anti-ship in general, but I do think they have chemistry together. (Did I just admit that out loud?)

- The deaf Rodney & Sheppard scenes were funny, and the scenes in the Puddlejumper leading up to it were great as well. They made my whumper's heart happy.

A question though: don't perforated eardrums take months to heal?

- For some reason I was moved by the computer display showing all the little dots of the whales huddled under Atlantis for protection. I'm not quite sure why.

Things I didn't like: (and these were fairly serious issues for me):

- The completely extraneous scenes with Kate Heightmeier. We all know that Teyla and Weir are not crazy so I wanted to get on with the plot! These scenes could have been chopped out and their screentime put to better use.

- The beginning was too slow and the last half had too much happening. They could have evened out the episode pacing a little more.

However, overall I was entertained and amused. Which is all that matters in the grand scheme of things

Comment

Not Quite Spoiler-ific Time!

Just caught the HD Echoes episode, and was impressed. Not too worry, the spoilers are below in tags. I was a little miffed; Movie Central aired it at the wrong time on the west coast, and I was a little blue over the news of the impending loss of one of the characters next season. My Turtles!

Overall - a return to what makes this series cool, and one of my personal wishes - to explore Atlantis! Okay - Now for the spoilers:
        Spoiler:

These are semi spoilers

The episode sees the return of the whale-like big fishes that circled Rodney's downed jumper last season. We do get up-close and personal with one, and their arrival was done in a very good suspense building way. Are they good guys or bad guys - and yes they are connected to the visions of a burned Atlantean among others.

We do get an update to the massive plot holes that have been discussed on this board.

(1) No Atlanteans survived last episode. In fact, it's referred to as the 'murder of the Atlanteans' several times.

(2) Atlantis HAD three ZPM's, fully charged. They now have one. One was sent to power the Antarctic defensive system, the other was sent to the Odyssey to give it a boost against the Ori. Sweet.

The ending was a a brute-force solution, thought of by Major Sheppard. Quite cool, neat effects, and we get to see Caldwell act angry.

Oh yeah, and Tayla and Ronin are starting to look like they need some private time.

Overall a good episode. Kept me in suspense, although I kinda knew 'who' was doing this. 'Why '- was a surprise.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
          i cant believe the stupid blockheads gave their zpms to the odyssey and earth
          did they?
          why didn't they give the zpm to the Daedalus to keep the shows separate?

Comment

either way u cant stopthe orii ships with a zpm and theyve yet to do anything against the wraith using a zpm either. so its a waste

Comment

Wow is this it? surely there must be more discussion happening
              sigpic

Comment

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking Travis!

Spoiler junkie here I'm not going to see this ep for another few days but I wanna know all about it by then

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Fan View Post
                  lol, that's exactly what I was thinking Travis!

Spoiler junkie here I'm not going to see this ep for another few days but I wanna know all about it by then
                  LOL I know, been hanging for this all day kind of dissapointing, oh well may be we'll get lucky later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Was Beckett in the episode at all??
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
                      Wow is this it? surely there must be more discussion happening
                      according to another thread, movie channel (whoever) didn't air it at the advertised time, so many folks might have missed it.

er, correction: since half the people commenting about the episode live in the UK, well... guess it aired, er, *somewhere*....
                      Last edited by prion; 28 November 2006, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Immediate thoughts as I watch the ep:
                        • Nice to see Ronon actually be something other than stoic - I *liked* seeing him annoyed and pissy in the jumper!
                        • Teyla kicking Ronon's ass at stick-fighting! Go Teyla!!
                        • BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG fat reset button to beat em all - have to admit to a little bit of disappointment that everything is magically back to normal at Atlantis with no sign of the Earth expedition ever even being gone and no repercussions of the rescue - not even a mention of Sheppard being even told off!
                        • Sheppard-McKay banter and teasing! Loving it!
                        • Weir calling referring to Sheppard and McKay as "boys". Awesome.
                        • Heightmeyer looked much better as a blonde - being brunette makes her look pale and drawn.
                        • Sheppard making anti-Canadian comments to test if Rodney is still deaf!! *BWAH!*
                        • Sheppard and McKay talking at the tops of their voices all the time!
                        • "Just like a pigeon"!!
                        • Oh my - the sparky fans are gonna LOVE Sheppard carrying Weir to the infirmary!
                        • Wow. Found myself actually tensing up as the solar flare thingy hit the Daedalus!
                        • Hmmm.. the whole "Ronon doesn't understand technobabble so say it in simple words of one syllable" joke is getting a bit old. He's not dumb for crying out loud...
                        • DeafWeir(TM. Heh.
                        )

All in all. Good ep. I enjoyed it.
                        sigpic

Comment

i really liked this episode. it had alot of humour and some brilliant character moments. It was lovely to see more of Teyla and Ronan. Yes, Carson was in the ep but played more of the doctor role than anything else.

Loved the McKay and Sheppard moments, the deaf scenes were so funny.

The ending!!!!! That McKay smile!!! So cute!!!!!!!

sorry, big McKay fan and fell in love all over again at that smile

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                            did they?
                            why didn't they give the zpm to the Daedalus to keep the shows separate?
                            The reason given was to help the ship in the fight against the Orii (wouldn't hurt to have the ZPM powering the sheilds I guess!)

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            Was Beckett in the episode at all??
                            Yup, he was in it lots. Everyone starts getting sick so lots of infirmary action and Beckett doing his thang.

Guess i'd better write an episode summary or something then if no-one else has?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie View Post
                              Not Quite Spoiler-ific Time!

Just caught the HD Echoes episode, and was impressed. Not too worry, the spoilers are below in tags. I was a little miffed; Movie Central aired it at the wrong time on the west coast, and I was a little blue over the news of the impending loss of one of the characters next season. My Turtles!

Overall - a return to what makes this series cool, and one of my personal wishes - to explore Atlantis! Okay - Now for the spoilers:
                              Spoiler:

These are semi spoilers

The episode sees the return of the whale-like big fishes that circled Rodney's downed jumper last season. We do get up-close and personal with one, and their arrival was done in a very good suspense building way. Are they good guys or bad guys - and yes they are connected to the visions of a burned Atlantean among others.

We do get an update to the massive plot holes that have been discussed on this board.

(1) No Atlanteans survived last episode. In fact, it's referred to as the 'murder of the Atlanteans' several times.

(2) Atlantis HAD three ZPM's, fully charged. They now have one. One was sent to power the Antarctic defensive system, the other was sent to the Odyssey to give it a boost against the Ori. Sweet.

The ending was a a brute-force solution, thought of by Major Sheppard. Quite cool, neat effects, and we get to see Caldwell act angry.

Oh yeah, and Tayla and Ronin are starting to look like they need some private time.

Overall a good episode. Kept me in suspense, although I kinda knew 'who' was doing this. 'Why '- was a surprise.

Tech Junkie
                              COOL , can't wait to see this episode. When does it air in Canada?

Comment

Working...
                              X