No announcement yet.

The Return, Part 2 (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ep. Part 1 was good but this was even better.

Woolsey freaking out was funny. Funny how he expected Jack to know what was happening all the time.

Jacks scenes were all great.

Jack: I'll tell you what. You have a look around and I'll tell you if you're getting warmer or colder.

Replicator: Ah there it is.

Jack: So, hot I guess.

Using Woolsey to trick the Replicators was clever. So was turning the shields into a weapon.

If I remember correctly, we now have a nice repaired city and ZPM's. Thanks Replicators.
    sigpic

Comment

This is just a great episode all around. It is mostly action but it is still entertaining. What I liked was that it kept us on our feet of wondering what happens next. I was not bored for a second in watching Sheppherd and team rescue the city from the Asurans. The second I saw the Puddle Jumper blow up the control tower I knew that this was going to be an episode of action. And it doesn't disappoint in that we have so much action ranging from the space battle through out the various towers or watching the team run around with ARGs or using drones to blow up the stardrive. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. The best part is how Jack had a very vital role. Atlantis would never have been saved from the Asurans if it was not for the work he was done. I really like Jack's presence in this episode in that he was important and he had a lot of great humor moments like how he threaten to fire Sheppherd. I thought that was funny. The best part was the solution. I expected to use the C4 to blow up the shield. I did expect to turn the shield into one massive ARG blast. I thought that was a very creative idea. The one drawback of this episode was how the control room was magically fixed by the end of the episode. I know we were given a reason but I feel it was quite a weak reason.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Janurary 2007: Back looking for work...

1. The Ancients took your come from you Shep, the Asurans took it from them.

2. Forgot about the Jumper flooding and Niam getting blitzed.

3. Great stuff still though.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My LiveJournal post
          I like Jack and Woolsey in this one
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Epic episode. One of my favorites for sure.
            This almost felt like SG1, it was good to see O'Niell in action. Loved that underwater scene. It was even funny too.

The replicators are so evil. Hope this really was the end of them.

Plan A, B and C really sucked. Plan F worked great - But wait, plan D and E was cancelled? Or was it the other way around? Totally confusing, in a good way.

It seemed strange when the episode started rewinding, but in the end it worked good.

And they even got a new ZPM or two?

Last edited by Cluas; 18 February 2013, 08:49 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

Cool two parter. I'm not sure why the replicators didn't out right kill everyone on first meeting them. Nothing really bad to say about it. Loved seeing Jack be Jack. Everyone did good acting.

Now that I think about it why did the replicators take the city instead of just destroying it. They already had a flying city that was more advance than Atlantis. Oh well still a cool episode.

Comment

Jealousy of the ancients mostly
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                  Woolsey freaking out was funny. Funny how he expected Jack to know what was happening all the time.
                  He was so funny! I ended up liking him a lot more than I thought I would.
                  sigpic

Comment

Woosley as a character went from being loathed in his earlier SG1 days to being a rather liked character to me.

Comment

First time watch.

I'm just putting my comments for both parts in this. The setup ep was necessary, but it dragged so badly and I was disappointed that they were willing to leave immediately with practically no arguments. Also, after 2.5 years living there, it will only take 48 hrs to pack?! I wish I were that lucky after living somewhere for 2.5 years.

The second ep was wonderful. A great replicator ep. I'm a huge replicator fan. I especially liked the use of O'Neill and Woolsey. They worked really well in the episode. The plan also was really great cause I def bought that decoy plan and was asking "How are you gonna get out of this one?" when the replicators captured them.

A great foothold episode. Excited to see what's next.
                      sigpic
                      [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                        Also, after 2.5 years living there, it will only take 48 hrs to pack?! I wish I were that lucky after living somewhere for 2.5 years.
                        I'd imagine that the expedition has an evacuation protocol. Computers to take, computers to wipe. equipment to take, equipment to leave, equipment to destroy. They'd abandon clothes, toiletries, etc.

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                        The second ep was wonderful. A great replicator ep. I'm a huge replicator fan. I especially liked the use of O'Neill and Woolsey. They worked really well in the episode. .
                        O'Neill and Woolsey were hilarious. Fun episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                          I'd imagine that the expedition has an evacuation protocol. Computers to take, computers to wipe. equipment to take, equipment to leave, equipment to destroy. They'd abandon clothes, toiletries, etc.

O'Neill and Woolsey were hilarious. Fun episode.
                          Yeah. That makes a lot of sense. >.< I guess it just was a shock to me because I never think about it and they never mention it.

Yeah, I'm kind of getting jealous of how much Jack has shown up this season compared to S10 of SG-1. Haha. But it makes more sense for him to be used with Atlantis's crew.
                          sigpic
                          [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                          X