The Return, Part 2 (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Eath's gate does not have one. They just use the gate bridge..
    But they do. The ancients gave us a ZPM to use for the gate. Rewatch Return pt 1 i think mckay landry or oneill mention it.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
      Wow, couldn't disagree more about Jack. I think he's smarmy, kinda cruel and so NOT funny. There's just something about the character(or many things) that I hate. I can't help it. I was hoping he would drown. Keep him away from Atlantis.

You sir or madam need to pay credit where credit is due. Seeing Jack O'Neill in this episode certainly was a lot more special than seeing him in "The Real World" episode.... It was grand to see him on screen there but I felt the character that IS O'Neill was completely dormant, even if his character was Weir's version of him in a world where the Stargate never existed... (By control of the replicators..)

SG:A is fantastic, far more superior than seasons 9 and 10 and probably even 8 of SG1, but nothing holds a candle to the beginning seasons of SG1. Seeing Jack even slightly returning to his charming personality traits is a feast for my eyes and my heart. It touches me.

I miss RDA more than words can explain. This episode was a nostalgic phenomenon for me. Damn, what I would give for them to make one classic like SG1 episode a year. Or even just one more with the original team...

Comment

i really liked this ep. i keep rewatching it. i like all of the little remarks and comments by RDA to woolsey.
        sigpic
        Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

I love these two epsiodes both O'Neil and Woosly are great togther. However sadly after watching it today I found a small mistake! I am sure its been mentioned, but here it is anyways...

When they collect the replicator in space (sp? Naneem?) they open the Pubble Jumpers ramp, exsposiong the rear section to space, which would involve all the air and contents being sucked out the back!

However when they collect the Replicator and go back to see him, nothing as been blown around in the rackings and theres an insitu fire extinguisher just sitting on the seats in the background, and I am sure its not tied up!

Its a small thing, but it made me smile.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I'm sure Sheppard depressurises the rear compartment first and then repressurises it again once the rear hatch has been closed and they've collected Niam.
            sigpic

Comment

Anybody else on here think the Asurans who took over Atlantis had hot uniforms? From a purely gay eye-candy perspective, I hardly see much of this on sci-fi shows, but....Damn! there was some hot Asuran ass on this episode!

Email me for screen caps.

[email protected]
              Attached Files

Comment

doe's anyone know how, in "The Return pt 1 ", shepard was able to dial a gate in the milkyway gate system using a pegasus Puddle jumper with DHD.

Comment

oh there have been many threads like this. The answer most came to are that the jumper just adapted to the MW gate system. The Jumpers were once in MW, but left when Atlantis left. So really it just changed on him, the jumper realizing that it was in MW the DHD changed

sigpic
                  Sig made by squirrely1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                  *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo_Mechanic View Post
                    doe's anyone know how, in "The Return pt 1 ", shepard was able to dial a gate in the milkyway gate system using a pegasus Puddle jumper with DHD.
                    Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
                    oh there have been many threads like this. The answer most came to are that the jumper just adapted to the MW gate system. The Jumpers were once in MW, but left when Atlantis left. So really it just changed on him, the jumper realizing that it was in MW the DHD changed
                    I think i see where Apollo Mechanic is going with this. And it has to do with what Gavatarman said. With the DHD adapting to MW system, it probably still wouldn't have worked, as the symbols on the jumper DHD were for pegasus. How did we know what the MW symbols those represented.
                    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

this was a great episode. i loved the replicators in this episode because it allows us to see how they feel about Atlantis. i also like the fact the crew of Atlantis disobeyed orders to save Atlantis because i know sg1 would not follow orders if it happened in the sgc so like that the Atlantis team also didn't take it laying down.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think that Rodney has a brilliant idea.What do you think?

Comment

i agree but i am a big fan of rodney
                          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone find this strange:

As Rodney closes the tray, a loud noise comes from above them. He and John both look up.)

McKAY: What the hell?

(A sound like an engine powering up can be heard. Rodney hurries over to a wall panel in the room.)

McKAY: No wonder they weren’t coming after us. They’ve been busy repairing the city.

(John looks up as the engine noise gets louder.)

SHEPPARD: What is that?

McKAY: They brought their ZedP.Ms to power the stardrive.

SHEPPARD: So that sound is ...

McKAY: ... the city about to take off. Time to start crying.

SHEPPARD: They’ll still have to activate the shield to take off, won’t they? We got most of their emitters.

McKAY: Yeah, “most” ain’t gonna cut it. For this plan to work, it is all or nothing.

The Asurans don't need to breathe (being as they're machines) and wanted to kill AR-1 and Dr. Weir. So wouldn't rising the shields for atmosphere be quite stupid.

I know they wanted to interagate the Humans, but killing them by lack of Oxygen would mean they didn't need them.
                            Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

i agree it would be stupid if they didn't need the humans to put the Shields up for atmosphere might be stupid but wouldn't they need the shield to stop them from floating out into space or floating period i don't know if the city has gravity but wouldn't the shield also keep it in if the city does have gravity
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                                i agree it would be stupid if they didn't need the humans to put the Shields up for atmosphere might be stupid but wouldn't they need the shield to stop them from floating out into space or floating period i don't know if the city has gravity but wouldn't the shield also keep it in if the city does have gravity
                                not to mention freezing them which happened to niam.

Comment

Working...
                                X