Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Default My beef with Torchwood

now dont get me wrong, Torchwood is turning out to be great series! but the thing that winds me up is at the beginning at every episode when Jack says 'The 21st Century is when it all changes, and you've gotta be ready...'

It's just camp and corny where as Torchwood is dark, violent and even scary (aka. Fairies)...I dont think that it suits it at all. It sounds like an opening phrase from Power Rangers or something...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Default Re: My beef with Torchwood

You can be camp and dark at the same time (X-Factor's Eaton Road anyone?). which is what Torchwood is meant to be.

Personally I don't like it either, but not for that reason, its just redundant, people don't need to hear it all the time, but then I felt the same about the "In every generation there is born...." at the start of every Buffy during S1, and that grew on me.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Default Re: My beef with Torchwood

Quote Originally Posted by The Signal View Post
    You can be camp and dark at the same time (X-Factor's Eaton Road anyone?). which is what Torchwood is meant to be.

Personally I don't like it either, but not for that reason, its just redundant, people don't need to hear it all the time, but then I felt the same about the "In every generation there is born...." at the start of every Buffy during S1, and that grew on me.
    It just annoys me...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!