http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
    My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
      Me too
      me three !

Comment

Me 4

O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
        Baal: Impudence
        O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

me five

Comment

Hahaha LOLx6)))
            LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
            Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
            My fan fiction

Comment

If you were in charge of writing the next episode and could learn more about them, what would it be? I'd like to know more about this gift of life. Do they use it on humans they keep as companions to extend their lives? The possiblities with that alone are endless.
              Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
              http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Hmm...an episode idea? I would have the team capture a VERY OLD Wraith worshipper who will tell them...stuff.

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                LOL. I am not fighting with you Just participating in a discussion. We see only one side of the Wraith because we are at war with them. But I wonder how their worsippers see them? If Shepard wasn't captured by Colia should we know about the Gift of Life????
                As the Wraith in Common ground said: There is much about the Wraith that you don't know....
                Hehe, sorry about that. Gets very heated around here sometimes.

And a big "Indeed" on that "there is much to know" stuff. It'll be nice to get some more info on the Wraith, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura the Asgard View Post
                  If you were in charge of writing the next episode and could learn more about them, what would it be? I'd like to know more about this gift of life. Do they use it on humans they keep as companions to extend their lives? The possiblities with that alone are endless.
                  If I did the Wraith episode I'd explain shipbuilding and reproduction in the same episode. They're both huge annoying issues that don't get addressed.

The way I would have it work is with everything potentially begining from a single hivequeen.

The first thing a queen would do when she reaches maturity, and assuming she needs to start from scratch like this, is seek out humans or other sentients to turn into Wraith. She does this by injecting them with some sort of venom or retrovirus from her hand suckers as opposed to sucking their life out.

Wraith that are made this way are the "human male" type Wraith. They are psychically linked to the queen and following their transformation from human into Wraith they instictively fear, obey and respect her.

The Wraith retrovirus carried by queens also will also mutate other living things into other types of "Wraith flora and fauna" other than more human type Wraith. A queen could infect a tree, for example, and turn it into some sort of biological machine. The virus would be attuned psychically to the queen allowing her to shape and mold whatever she infects into whatever type of form she requires (within reason).

While the male workers she has made go out and gather prey the queen will start building a nest out of various corrupted local organisms. As the nest continues to grow the Wraith males will bring back more humans to be turned into additional Wraith. Eventually the nest will gain the ability to produce Wraith drones (noface guys) and the role of the male Wraith will change. The drones will now take over most hunting and gathering duties while the males assist the queen more directly in building and upgrading the nest. Eventually the nest will grow to produce darts, and soon after will consume most of the local biomass. When all biomass in the area is exhausted the nest, now a fully formed hiveship, will take flight, and eventually hyperspace flight, in search of new feeding grounds.

The Wraith queen, once she gets older, will turn her attention toward creating herself a sucessor or subordinate queen. She will meticulously select a human female child she deems worthy and transform her into a Wraith the same way she did the males. This female will become a queen when she grows up. If rapid expansion is required or desired however the queen may make new queens much sooner, when she's making the first males, and out of older female children who are already near puberty. She will then dispatch them to distant areas to start new hives there.

Young Wraithqueens might stay with the "mother" queen only until they feel confident enough to strike out on their own. The majority though will stay indefinately connected with their mother and form large extended families or "tribes/clans" with their own offspring mother and sisters. In my version all Wraith of a given tribe could be traced back to a single matriarch who spawned the entire bloodline 10,000 years ago in the manner described.

The process described is how I would have a Wraith queen start from scratch if she had to. A queen who was created by another queen wouldn't have to actually go through any of that crap and msot modern Wraith would regard the whole process rather like humans might regard building a house yourself out of trees you chopped down. In most modern instances a mother queen would just grow her offspring a hiveship out of some biomass somewhere or lend her a bunch of drones and darts so she could quickly grow her own.

Hive keepers would be Wraith queens who'd grown old enough and stopped reproducing offspring queens. They would instead focus their attention on caring for the needs of the tribe in general and deepening their understanding of their own ability to manipulate nature with the natural Wraith virus or through other more inventive means. In other words they'd be part scientist/inventor and part motherly/repected figure to other Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura the Asgard View Post
                    Hmmm....In my imagination the Wraith are separated in different clans. Only some of the clans have worshippers.

First of them don't have worshippers they prefered to rule like the Hive King in Sateda - cruel, with many victims and destroyed planets after rebeloin. May be only the hives like this one in Sateda have Runners.

Other kind of Hives are more like the Hive in Season 2 with Queens who like to be like Goddesses in the eyes of the humans. They are runnuing very carefully their planets - one culling in 500 years with no more than 30% of population to be taken in one culling. I think that the Queen in Hive in Season 2 actually was going to feed upon enemy teritory - may be an ex possession some of the hives that were destroyed during the Siedge in Season 1. In her own teritory she acts in a different way - every human there is a worshipper and they live with the idea of sacrifice. I suspect that in the worshipper's planets all criminals and volunteers are collected and send as a gift to the Queen. May be they are put in statsis for the time when all members of the Hive will be awaken and because of this there are no mass culling in these worlds. Because if you collect all criminals and others for a long time you will be ready to face the Queen needs when she and other Wraiths are awakened. We saw in Defiant in Season 1 that the devices in supply ships could keep in good condition many humans for centuries.

The Gift of Life is given only to the those who truely worshipped the Queen - she can understand when one is devoted to her and when is not. To keep the stability of the worlds she may be give the Gift and to those who are in the local governments and the priests who run the temples for worshipping the Queen.

And one more idea..... I suspect that some of the Wraiths find humans attractive. The Queen in Hive obviously liked Shepard not only as a meal....And the girl Nira ....well....hmmm....she was in some kind of relationship with the male Wraith)))))) LOL
                    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                    My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Hmm...an episode idea? I would have the team capture a VERY OLD Wraith worshipper who will tell them...stuff.

Hehe, sorry about that. Gets very heated around here sometimes.

And a big "Indeed" on that "there is much to know" stuff. It'll be nice to get some more info on the Wraith, that's for sure.
                      I hope that in the next episode we shall learn more things for the Wraith
                      LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                      My fan fiction

Comment

i hope that we get to see more of the wraith soon
                        there was a interview with rachel luttrel on scifi world i think and she siad there is a episode at the end of season 3 with a wraith queen so maybe we will get to see more of the wraith in that episode

Comment

Originally posted by wriathlord View Post
                          i hope that we get to see more of the wraith soon
                          there was a interview with rachel luttrel on scifi world i think and she siad there is a episode at the end of season 3 with a wraith queen so maybe we will get to see more of the wraith in that episode
                          Mmm? Could you give a link to read it?
                          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                          My fan fiction

Comment

here hope this works
                            http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...uttrell_02.htm
                            the bit about the wraith queen is near the end of the interview
                            at the question where do you think the show will leave fans at the end of the season

Comment

Originally posted by wriathlord View Post
                              here hope this works
                              http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...uttrell_02.htm
                              the bit about the wraith queen is near the end of the interview
                              at the question where do you think the show will leave fans at the end of the season
                              What news! So we shall see a Wraith Queen in an episode in the end of Season 3. I think that will be Vengeance but why she said it will be heavy Teyla' related? Hmmmm....I really want to see more Wraiths. Thanks for the link
                              LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                              My fan fiction

Comment

well teyla has wraith dna in her so maybe it has something to do with that
                                well i am off to see sg-1 200 so i will be back tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X