Page 1929 of 1930 FirstFirst ... 929142918291879191919261927192819291930 LastLast
Results 38,561 to 38,580 of 38596

Default Re: Wraith Defenders Club

Sorry 'bout the double post, just wanted to share this here as well: https://twitter.com/StargateNow
    Stargate fans unite to prove MGM that we're still going strong and would love a new series – Joe Mallozzi's idea. Follow, share, tweet and spread the word and maybe we can convince MGM that it's worth to bring back our green guys (and maybe a couple of humans too).

Bringing back Wrath would be cool, and yes some humans, but I would like best if we had Wraith main characters or some Wraith in a gate team something like that

I've often wished for the same, a Wraith in a gate team, or maybe some renegade Wraith faction like the Tok'ra who are looking for a different way of coexistence with humans, something like that.

But then, maybe TPTB thought it was old because in SG-1 we had all of this already, and they were looking for new ways to tell the story. I can't blame them for it but well, yes, a bit of more meaningful interaction between Wraith and humans would've been fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    I've often wished for the same, a Wraith in a gate team, or maybe some renegade Wraith faction like the Tok'ra who are looking for a different way of coexistence with humans, something like that.

But then, maybe TPTB thought it was old because in SG-1 we had all of this already, and they were looking for new ways to tell the story. I can't blame them for it but well, yes, a bit of more meaningful interaction between Wraith and humans would've been fabulous.
    Indeed it would have been great, and there are so many ways the humans could use a Wraith's skills in their team, that makes for plenty of story ideas

Back to helping Todd rule the universe...

Todd.jpg

Found this after seeing CH was making comments about the current # trend on Twitter about Stargate. What's the betting there'd be no Wraith coming back.

I hope MGM got the message though. They'd be fools to let the opportunity slip away to keep the fans hooked.

[DAYDREAM] Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a Wraith-centered Stargate series? A season six that focuses on Jen going with Guide to explore a possible retrovirus (to keep in canon with tv-Atlantis and somehow integrate Legacy)? [/DAYDREAM]

I hope MGM got the message though. They'd be fools to let the opportunity slip away to keep the fans hooked.

[DAYDREAM] Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a Wraith-centered Stargate series? A season six that focuses on Jen going with Guide to explore a possible retrovirus (to keep in canon with tv-Atlantis and somehow integrate Legacy)? [/DAYDREAM]
    Oh lordy, yeah... *sigh*

Would be nice but that is not going to happen for sure, because to the majority of SGA fans Wraith are nothing to care about or evil, so it would not find enough viewers, so would not be paying off enough sadly. Though it is a great daydream

I jump on the "old" thread to suscribe as well to the club

I've read a part of the thread, that's long, I intend to read it all when I'll have a minute. I can't relate to Legacy since I didn't read the books yet (shame on me, real life goes on ) and so, it's hard to bounce on the last topic (March anyway ). But it pleased me too much to write on this thread

I'm a Wraith fan since years, a worshipper you could call me. I understand the "ethical arguments" about the feeding topic, but well, I perfectly agree with the very first post of this thread, said that they "feed in order to live" (Todd quote yeah--for me, he is the incarnated perfection )-- and they are not bad creatures. I've found most of them so attractive, love at first sight ! And yes, their culture and their mind setting are much more deep and complex than many SGA (human) fans would pretend. Well, I don't know if it counts after all this time, but you have a new member
    John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Welcome to the WDC! Yes, it's been very quiet in here lately sadly but some older members still lurk about the forums and come crawling out of their hibernation pods from time to time.
    Let's bring this thread some life again. There are indeed many fascinating discussions in here, always worth to bring them up again.

Welcome to the WDC! Yes, it's been very quiet in here lately sadly but some older members still lurk about the forums and come crawling out of their hibernation pods from time to time.
    Let's bring this thread some life again. There are indeed many fascinating discussions in here, always worth to bring them up again.
    Yes RL gets in the way sadly often but as long as there is Wraiths there can always be something to talk about

And welcome BluePrincess, nice to see another person that likes the sexy space-vampires

Welcome to the best thread on the site. Fabbo discussions and equally fabbo people, too. Bring up whatever you want and we can talk again, in depth.

*waves at DS*

Thank you for this warm welcome !
    Yeah my Wraith was hibernating, so I was kinda on "vacation" in RL, but now, I'm back on the Hive
    During these long months away I've forgot some details about the Wraith technologies. I slowly catch up with the help of many interesting threads.
    In role play, I was very appreciated by my commander, who said how I'm good with diplomacy, battle strategies and human psychology (strategic too !). Who knows if I'll be required for my skills again

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

I am sure you found out there is a Wraiths role play on this site bit I guess that too is asleep

I didn't see any RP here yet Probably I'll find it soon, during my explorations
    Let's see if I'll make noise enough to push them out of the pod

SGA, "The Queen"

It is hidden in the fun and games section. Here is the link to the general role-play section
    https://forum.gateworld.net/forums/49-Role-Playing

Thank you very much I'll be glad to check it out soon

At the moment, I try to find answers to a few questions about the Wraith, and I don't find anything yet... maybe cause there is no answer It goes like...

- what is the purpose of the "holes" on their cheeks ?
    - why the finger armors ?
    - why aren't they naked in the pods when they hibernate ? The exchange of fluids between them and the hive through all this leather (ok, watch out, fall in the gutter in 3... 2... 1...) But I think this question was already asked somewhere ...
    - if they know one and other through the psychic network, without any name, so I guess that's the way they speak about an absent individual the same way ? Be like : "... you know, "the one" who didn't see the stunner falling on the ground, and who tripped on it on his way to the dart bay ?...

Well... so many existential questions that burn my poor little brain

SGA, "The Queen"

That is really a lot of questions

As for the matter though why they are not naked in their pods, I can only guess they want to be combat ready just in case
    Or maybe it is just to keep the show PG rated and the producers did not want to show to many naked Wraiths
    Last edited by Az'ryel; July 22nd, 2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typeo

About the pods, your answers sound very clever. And yes, what's more awkward than to be woken naked when the alarm goes on for battle...
    About the PG rating, I'm sure they would find a way, blurry effects, more of this organic matter for the pods... but it's more practical yes to be dressed

SGA, "The Queen"

Yes it is practical, I mean just imagine they get attached and have to put on their gear first again. it would also leave them quite vulnerable to be all naked. Clothing gives at least a bit of protection

Page 1929 of 1930 FirstFirst ... 929142918291879191919261927192819291930 LastLast