No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always something new to discover through the eyes of someone who just discovered the show, different points of view...so there is still hope, as long as anyone thinks it is worth to defend the Wraith

Comment

I thought I was hallucinating when I logged in and found the WDC active in my subscription list! That felt really good. Let's breathe some life (force) back into this.

Starting this with a shameless self plug.

Comment

That's a nice art with a lovely color scheme

Yes, I did hope we could bring this back to life it is a pity it has been dormant for so long

Comment

Yesterday I had a discussion with someone about a story we want to write and we been wondering if life force actually has a taste to the Wraith

Like strong will tastes good, or scientists taste better than soldiers or the other way around what do you think?

Comment

Thanks!

That's a good question. I'd say life force has a taste to a Wraith. It's been speculated about because Greg (I think it was Greg, correct me if I'm wrong) said to Shep he would "taste his defiance" (or something along these lines. Gosh, I really have to do a serious rewatch!)

I've always thought that would have a scientific explanation, like something to do with the body chemicals, e.g. a human who has a strong will may have other hormons in their blood and may taste differently than a human who's in panic or is sick.

Comment

Yes something like that is also what I had in mind, I wonder if that would taste sweet or bitter or something like that or if that is just a human way to define tastes.

Another thing I thought about however is, if it would be possible to make Wraiths live on blood like vampires, via some genetic tweaking? I think it would have less disadvantages for them than eating food, might even preserve their healing powers and such
              Last edited by DarkenLycht; 09 February 2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Maybe tasting a defiant human would be close to what it's like for a human to taste alcohol. A bit of a tingling, exciting sensation perhaps, a sharp rush of adrenaline? In contrast to tasting the life of a worshipper who's expecting to be be fed on which might be more like a soft, dark chocolate? Possibilities are endless for a willing fanfic author kissed by a wraithy muse.

We know the Wraith have insect traits as they are human/iratus hybrids, but what if they were human/mosquito hybrids, then they could live on blood. You'd instantly notice having a Wraith in your room because he'd make this insane high-pitched buzzing close to your ear that drives you nuts.

Sorry about this , this silly thought just popped up in my mind when pondering the question. To get to a more scientific approach: it would definitely be an advantage for the Wraith as a people if they were able to feed on blood. It's especially interesting as the parallels between Wraith and Vampires are so clear: nearly endless life span, immense regenerating powers, a preference for the darkness, dramatic long, swishing clothes (and hair) that make you thunk when thinking about them... Wraith also have sharp, pointy teeth which would be an advantage if they were to convert to living on blood.
                It's such a shame that the biological process of feeding hasn't been explored in more detail on the show. But on the other hand, it leaves us fans more to speculate about.

Comment

Thank you, Draco now I have the image of a mosquito- Wraith in my mind that is buzzing in my room....

But, seriously, Wraith to me were some kind of space vampires (well a mix of vampire and elf) from the first time I saw them Hence that thought, for blood is also a source of life and energy and in some older vampire fiction, people age too if they are not drunken dry completely.

However could you maybe draw a Wraith-mosquito? I would love to see how that looks XD

Comment

I may get round to drawing one. For some reason, I imagine, they would have mosquito wings on their backs and a long, pointy nose.

Space vampires (with elvish traits) is a very apt description, IMO, as is also the metaphor of blood being a sort of life force. I wonder whether TPTB knew what an impact their galactic villain race would have on earth-bound human vampire fans.

Comment

Well, I do not know, but it is not a secret many people like vampires a lot, specially ones that look mysterious and/or noble: And to me with that long white hair and those coats Wraiths look very much both of that

Yes, I see wings on them too, I am not sure how that long pointy nose would look...reminds me of Pinocchio

Comment

There is a fic that actually writes about Wraith with wings - unfinished, sadly - and they are more vestigial transparencies than actual functioning limbs or appendages. It's a nice read and I wish I could recall its name. Prolly on FF somewhere as it's a Todd piece with a bit of bonding going on with the marines and Evan Lorne (not used enough in fics, I think).

Always seen the green guys as vampires and speculated that the legends of Earth were because of them. Fits in nicely with canon, eh?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post

Always seen the green guys as vampires and speculated that the legends of Earth were because of them. Fits in nicely with canon, eh?
                          Now that you mention it...all makes much more sense

Comment

The Ancients must've brought the story with them to earth when they fled Atlantis. In the centuries to come it became a legend. Because the people on earth had no concept of "life-sucking" they substituted life force with blood which wasn't as abstract to them.

As for the biological experiment of exchanging iratus DNA with mosquito DNA…
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                              Thanks!

That's a good question. I'd say life force has a taste to a Wraith. It's been speculated about because Greg (I think it was Greg, correct me if I'm wrong) said to Shep he would "taste his defiance" (or something along these lines. Gosh, I really have to do a serious rewatch!)

I've always thought that would have a scientific explanation, like something to do with the body chemicals, e.g. a human who has a strong will may have other hormons in their blood and may taste differently than a human who's in panic or is sick.
                              I always figured a bit of a mix of body chemicals and any mind-link with prey.
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                                The Ancients must've brought the story with them to earth when they fled Atlantis. In the centuries to come it became a legend. Because the people on earth had no concept of "life-sucking" they substituted life force with blood which wasn't as abstract to them.
                                Yes, that's it, we made quite a discovery here

But that drawing looks nice, though I would have to get used to the nose XD

Comment

Working...
                                X