Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, much!!

Looking forward to more of your appearances! Now...to find names for all of your alteregos...heh. I think 'Tubbs' might be a good choice...

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
      good luck with memorizing them! -

so that you can send more pleasant shudders down our spines
      I wonder if these poor guys realize how sexy they are without eyebrows...lol.

das
      sigpic

Comment

Boy, I always miss the fun on this form. While everyone here was conversing with Tubbs aka Tyler I was downloading my new antispyware/ and antivirus software. It took over an hour to scan my computer. Oh, well that's life. Anyway, I like to welcome Tubbs/Tyler to The Wraiths Defenders Club. I didn't like what happened to "Rhys" in "Broken Ties".

I hope to see more of your Wraith characters in futures episodes in SGA

Take Care and, come back

LS

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          Very nice wallpaper, and Naami, yummy Todd! *g*

Oh, and good Connor siggy!
          Originally posted by angela21 View Post
          Love it!
          Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
          great work, Icarium!
          Thank you
          Originally posted by tubbs View Post
          Hey guys/gals,

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
          Tyler
          Welcome to this thread

Icarium

Comment

Spoiler:
            *Hodes*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

“Joe, do the Wraith Queens have to touch someone to get them to submit or is it like my kids who play with their food.”

Answer: Physical contact is not required for a Wraith Queen to wield her influence over a human mind.

2) Do Todd and Michael have any scenes together this year?”

Answer: 2) Not in season 5, sorry.

Comment

Hey guys/gals,

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
                Tyler
                wait a minute, what's this, one was silly enough to drop himself right in the middle of all us rabid fans!?! *sweet* rubs hands together. thinks of that poem spider and the fly that was posted a while back.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                Ugh. Yeah. I was going to go back and take out all my naughty comments about 'Rhys' (a.k.a. Tyler Wraith)...but then couldn't remember where they were.
                das
                We've all said things, it's all for funsies and should be taken as such.

If I was offended by anything anyone had written, I wouldn't have dropped a line. Censorship kills inspiration.
                if we say anything just give us a rap on the knuckles

Spoiler:
                Tubbs was my nickname in elementary school. It's kind of a joke amongst some of my friends. My real name would have been fine too. Tubbs just makes me laugh.
                Interesting nickname. Brings up images of tummy rubbing but we'll leave that i think, moving right along haven't managed to see broken ties yet but i'm really looking forward to it after reading everybodies comments. From the sounds of things we don't really know what Rhys (yeah, we name them. Did the makeup people give you a name?) was up to, his research and such. I'm guessing we'll never be told.
                Could you give us an idea of his age if possible, we all speculate as to the ages of the wraith we've been shown but we've never been given anything clear to go by.
                Looking forward to seeing your different characters in S5, come back and chat with us anytime, cause it gives us a happy
                bye all
                Last edited by BlueJay; 07 August 2008, 03:21 AM.
                sigpic
                FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Gah. That's what I wanted to ask.

We know that the Wraith can get very old, because as long as they feed, they regenerate, and they live, but we've never heard an actual age before.

We've speculated, but that's it. And never getting some kind of confirmation, or a denial even, is killing us.

Oh, and another thing:

A few weeks ago we saw some photo's of the mid-season-ish episodes, and one of them was this one:

A Wraith

But under the picture, it said that it was Christopher Heyerdahl. Now, considering he's probably enough to do as Todd, we thought it might be you instead?

Don't know if it's been asked before, so thought it couldn't hurt to check.

Comment

Which episode is that from? the queen?
                    does that mean it's Kenny
                    sigpic
                    FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                      Which episode is that from? the queen?
                      does that mean it's Kenny
                      it looks like him. his hair/suit match the wraith in "the queen" promo pictures.

http://dryope.livejournal.com/400808.html
                      Last edited by naamiaiset; 07 August 2008, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Hey guys/gals,

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
                        Tyler

Hello and welcome

I feel so honored to have you making an appearence in Wraith' Defenders Club! I must say we all greatly appreciated your talent as the Wraith in "Broken Ties". You succeeded in portraying an amazing, confident, cold blooded and absolutely magnificent Wraith commander/scientist. I hope we'll see and enjoy your talent again in Outsiders this fall
                        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                        My fan fiction

Comment

LOL! You and me both! I loved Rhys, and the more I watch that episode, the more I appreciate him. He was cold, confident, and just creepy enough to intrigue me, and not repulse me. He had lovely long hair, too.

I believe he plays a different character in at least one, maybe two, upcoming episodes. He'll probably die in them all...that's how SGA works. I hate it, too...and have whined about it on Mallozzi's blog, not that he listens.

das
                          LOL I began to love both Todd and Rhys I watched Broken Ties almost 10 times! There is something of a Bad Boy' image in Rhys that keep my interest and facsinate me His hair was very long and the back view was very beautiful, although the front view was a little slimy...

Oh, I hope he will not die in Outsiders. Btw when I watched the pictures in JM site of this Wraith and another one I noticed that 'our' Wraith has the same tattoo on his chin and the same front hair. May be I am just dreaming but for me the Outsiders' Wraith looked very much the same as Rhys.
                          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                          Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                          http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                          My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                            wait a minute, what's this, one was silly enough to drop himself right in the middle of all us rabid fans!?! *sweet* rubs hands together. thinks of that poem spider and the fly that was posted a while back.
                            Yeah. Was very brave of him, considering! I am SO glad no one brought up the ol' 'blowing juicy raspberries into Wraith bellies' thing...

Interesting nickname. Brings up images of tummy rubbing but we'll leave that i think...
                            Yeah. We'd better.

BlueJay - you haven't seen Broken Ties yet? I thought everyone had seen it - that must explain why some have avoided the forum, to avoid spoilers, I suppose. Can't wait for you to see it!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            A few weeks ago we saw some photo's of the mid-season-ish episodes, and one of them was this one:

A Wraith

But under the picture, it said that it was Christopher Heyerdahl. Now, considering he's probably enough to do as Todd, we thought it might be you instead?

Don't know if it's been asked before, so thought it couldn't hurt to check.
                            Yeah, I like the looks of that one - great hands, and I LOVE the length of his hair. Last season they went with shorter hair - I'm glad to see them going back to the longer style. Still, none has matched the perfection of Steve's hair. He was such a prissy, pretty thing...he probably spent hours in front of the mirror.

At that angle it's hard to tell who the actor is. Hope it's Tyler.

I REALLY hope The Queen gives us more insight into the Wraith, and their culture. I thought those pictures were from The Queen (since Todd, and the Lanteans, seem to be sitting at a table in other shots). And there is that wood table in the foreground there (in the pic above) - it doesn't look very 'Wraithy', does it? Kind of looks like something the Amish would have... So, does that mean that the Wraith pilfer furniture from the humans, or did Todd get this table specifically for entertaining his new buddies from Atlantis?

One of the things I like most about the Wraith (besides their soft bellies... ) is their 'bugginess'. I like when their insect nature is played up, especially in contrast to the human 'front' they put on. 'Shawn' in Condemned was EXCELLENT in this regard - James did such a nice job there...the sophisticated small talk, the poise...and then, gulping down his food like a lizard, and drooling. LOLOL! One great scene! Love that episode.

So, yeah - I'm hoping to see a bit more of that - when Wraith nature and human culture collide. The Queen is my only hope right now to see anything like that. We never got to see it in all the time Todd was captive in Atlantis - no requests for a special living enviroment (I would think the Wraith would prefer a cool, humid climate), no indication of how the Wraith groom themselves (we at least know now that Rodney takes baths), no hint as to what they may, or may not, do to amuse themselves.

In other words, I would like to see more of what makes them different from humans - what makes them unique - so that they don't just come across as green humans with long white hair. For the most part the creators have shown a distinction, but with Todd becoming so familiar to audiences now, I think many viewers are no longer freaked out by the Wraith...they are starting to seem 'normal'. So, if they want the Wraith to still stand out as unique, they need to expose viewers to more of the things that would make the Wraith seem much different from us. Reproduction (I'm convinced they all hatch from egg sacs), grooming, forms of entertainment, and other social interactions would be the best way to do this. That's why I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't more of an explanation about what motivated Rhys to want/need worshippers - at least, not from HIS standpoint (besides looking forward to turning Ronon, and getting off on the power, which is more implied than told). Are worshippers just used to gather 'food'? Or do they fill some social gap in Wraith society? Just would like a clear picture of this...

das
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought those pictures were from The Queen (since Todd, and the Lanteans, seem to be sitting at a table in other shots). And there is that wood table in the foreground there (in the pic above) - it doesn't look very 'Wraithy', does it? Kind of looks like something the Amish would have...
                              I assume wraith steal things from humans when they need them (for example, for their worshippers)? It seems logical to me.

One of the things I like most about the Wraith (besides their soft bellies... ) is their 'bugginess'. I like when their insect nature is played up, especially in contrast to the human 'front' they put on. 'Shawn' in Condemned was EXCELLENT in this regard - James did such a nice job there...the sophisticated small talk, the poise...and then, gulping down his food like a lizard, and drooling. LOLOL! One great scene! Love that episode.
                              Indeed! Although it looked more snake-like than insect-like, I loved the "disgusting" way Shawn eats... while he considers it a refined pleasure, almost decadent. He reminded me of Romans and their orgies.

I would think the Wraith would prefer a cool, humid climate
                              I imagine mild and humid instead. Maybe because their ships are organic, I don't think it's cold in there.

In other words, I would like to see more of what makes them different from humans - what makes them unique - so that they don't just come across as green humans with long white hair.
                              Exactly! I much prefer wraith as disturbing, disgusting creatures with a sense of honour than as nasty evil humans! I'm looking forward to a wraith, especially a sympathetic wraith like Todd, doing some revolting thing with honourable intentions. For example, on a joint mission with the Atlanteans for whatever reason, they come across a human enemy. They need to keep him conscious but incapacitated, so Todd cocoons him like Greg did with Brendan Gaul in "The Defiant One". The team's faces would be priceless!
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

Just Amen to that - i love what you are saying here! Wraith as Wraith- Insectoids and Dark Angels...
                                We are angels of death in black leather
                                Your demons without wings, we glide
                                We are angels in black with a hunger
                                Not your sheep to change or guide.
                                We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Working...
                                X