No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, if you want to draw one, I'd say go for it! Just go looking for a good ref pic and start drawing. Drawing Wraith is always a good idea IMO.

I was home a couple of days now due to a darn cold but there was one good thing about it: I had lots and lots of time to read further on through Legacy and all the way through "Furies" and "Secrets" I was inwardly fangirling so hard, I had to put the books away every now and then because I had to let the overwhelming awesome wraithy stuff sink in. Sorry, just needed to let that out somewhere where people would understand.

Comment

I am glad you do netter but it is good you had time to read. Sadly never got my hands on any of those books

But you are sure right, drawing wraithy guys and girls is a good idea

Comment

Having a bit of a fangirl thing myself atm, DS. Queen of the Red Skittles published a new fic on ff.net and I was beside myself with glee. Causing me to rewrite one of my earlier attempts into something a bit more Legacy based. Oh, and I have half a Sprint story written, as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          Having a bit of a fangirl thing myself atm, DS. Queen of the Red Skittles published a new fic on ff.net and I was beside myself with glee. Causing me to rewrite one of my earlier attempts into something a bit more Legacy based. Oh, and I have half a Sprint story written, as well.
          There is nothing wrong with being a bit of a fangirl and geeky when it comes to wraithy cuteness

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
            Haven't read them yet, but I'll sure take a look! And now I'm beside myslef with glee, too: You're writing again?! And also a Sprint story? *puts on Sprint fan shirt and throws confetti* Yay! I've missed him so much, he's such a cool and cute guy!

Comment

Sorry 'bout the double post, just wanted to share this here as well: https://twitter.com/StargateNow
              Stargate fans unite to prove MGM that we're still going strong and would love a new series – Joe Mallozzi's idea. Follow, share, tweet and spread the word and maybe we can convince MGM that it's worth to bring back our green guys (and maybe a couple of humans too).

Comment

Bringing back Wrath would be cool, and yes some humans, but I would like best if we had Wraith main characters or some Wraith in a gate team something like that

Comment

I've often wished for the same, a Wraith in a gate team, or maybe some renegade Wraith faction like the Tok'ra who are looking for a different way of coexistence with humans, something like that.

But then, maybe TPTB thought it was old because in SG-1 we had all of this already, and they were looking for new ways to tell the story. I can't blame them for it but well, yes, a bit of more meaningful interaction between Wraith and humans would've been fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                    I've often wished for the same, a Wraith in a gate team, or maybe some renegade Wraith faction like the Tok'ra who are looking for a different way of coexistence with humans, something like that.

But then, maybe TPTB thought it was old because in SG-1 we had all of this already, and they were looking for new ways to tell the story. I can't blame them for it but well, yes, a bit of more meaningful interaction between Wraith and humans would've been fabulous.
                    Indeed it would have been great, and there are so many ways the humans could use a Wraith's skills in their team, that makes for plenty of story ideas

Comment

Todd.jpg

Found this after seeing CH was making comments about the current # trend on Twitter about Stargate. What's the betting there'd be no Wraith coming back.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope MGM got the message though. They'd be fools to let the opportunity slip away to keep the fans hooked.

[DAYDREAM] Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a Wraith-centered Stargate series? A season six that focuses on Jen going with Guide to explore a possible retrovirus (to keep in canon with tv-Atlantis and somehow integrate Legacy)? [/DAYDREAM]

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                          I hope MGM got the message though. They'd be fools to let the opportunity slip away to keep the fans hooked.

[DAYDREAM] Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a Wraith-centered Stargate series? A season six that focuses on Jen going with Guide to explore a possible retrovirus (to keep in canon with tv-Atlantis and somehow integrate Legacy)? [/DAYDREAM]
                          Oh lordy, yeah... *sigh*
                          sigpic

Comment

Would be nice but that is not going to happen for sure, because to the majority of SGA fans Wraith are nothing to care about or evil, so it would not find enough viewers, so would not be paying off enough sadly. Though it is a great daydream

Comment

I jump on the "old" thread to suscribe as well to the club

I've read a part of the thread, that's long, I intend to read it all when I'll have a minute. I can't relate to Legacy since I didn't read the books yet (shame on me, real life goes on ) and so, it's hard to bounce on the last topic (March anyway ). But it pleased me too much to write on this thread

I'm a Wraith fan since years, a worshipper you could call me. I understand the "ethical arguments" about the feeding topic, but well, I perfectly agree with the very first post of this thread, said that they "feed in order to live" (Todd quote yeah--for me, he is the incarnated perfection )-- and they are not bad creatures. I've found most of them so attractive, love at first sight ! And yes, their culture and their mind setting are much more deep and complex than many SGA (human) fans would pretend. Well, I don't know if it counts after all this time, but you have a new member
                              John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Welcome to the WDC! Yes, it's been very quiet in here lately sadly but some older members still lurk about the forums and come crawling out of their hibernation pods from time to time.
                                Let's bring this thread some life again. There are indeed many fascinating discussions in here, always worth to bring them up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X