Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Just a mini fan fiction. Todd is on Earth. Would he be abused to make people young again like the Goa'uld was used for healing?
    Depending on which people get their hands on him, I'd say that's a safe bet. Humans are irresponsible that way.

Could he "heal" Colonel Everett as his injuries were caused by Wraith hands?
    I'd say that's sure since they can heal anything. In this case, it's just a matter of rejuvenating the cells.

Comment

Just a mini fan fiction. Todd is on Earth. Would he be abused to make people young again like the Goa'uld was used for healing? Could he "heal" Colonel Everett as his injuries were caused by Wraith hands?
      Definitely. The Gift of Life it's called and you should watch Common Ground for further details. Great episode.

*shivers* That bashing of the glove, fellow WWA members? *thunk*

Todd:
      sigpic

Comment

Just imagine how guilty Sheppard has been after the death of Sumner, maybe his redemption could be if he could ask Todd to heal Everett. Question is, if it ethical to drain the life from someone to heal someone else? Maybe Todd would participitate in an euthanasia story. I know it is a bit weird, but some SG stories should talk about such things like this.
        Last edited by Platschu; 07 October 2018, 12:08 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Just a mini fan fiction. Todd is on Earth. Would he be abused to make people young again like the Goa'uld was used for healing? Could he "heal" Colonel Everett as his injuries were caused by Wraith hands?
          That's almost my fanfiction. Weird coincidence.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Imagine a Romeo and Juliet story, when a Wraith and a Goa'uld couple be together for eternity. The Wraith would feed on the Goa'uld's female host, but then she would heal herself in the sarcophagus to get young again. Or what would happen if a Wraith lies in the sarcophagus? Would the hunger decrease?

A Wraith Queen fashion show by Andee Frizzell
            https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=b4ff8e7b
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Imagine a Romeo and Juliet story, when a Wraith and a Goa'uld couple be together for eternity. The Wraith would feed on the Goa'uld's female host, but then she would heal herself in the sarcophagus to get young again. Or what would happen if a Wraith lies in the sarcophagus? Would the hunger decrease?

A Wraith Queen fashion show by Andee Frizzell
              https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=b4ff8e7b
              Why not use one of those Tok'Ra healing doohickeys?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

She wouldn't have to go into a sarcophagus because Wraith can give the Gift of Life. You should watch Common Ground if you haven't and you'll see that Guide (Todd) restores Sheppard to full health which is a mark of brotherhood. It's a thing they do only for their most trusted Worshippers and 'pets' or, brothers. Giving their life to a Queen, well, that's a given because it's a Matriarchal society.

Would a Wraith's hunger decrease?? Unlikely, I think. Any thoughts fellow Wraithy watchers?

Just finished rereading Legacy. Ah me... I need Wraith. Wraith, Wraith, Wraith.
                Last edited by Isolde; 29 October 2018, 01:32 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

That's an interesting question, I don't think a Wraith's hunger per se would decrease. The sarcophagus is designed to heal a body, I'm not sure hunger falls into the category of sickness or wound. Maybe if the cells go too long without sustenance, then maybe the sarcophagus could repair the damage. But seeing as a Wraith's body heals itself all the time it would take a Wraith close to starving for a sarcophagus to actually activate.

And Legacy... Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                    That's an interesting question, I don't think a Wraith's hunger per se would decrease. The sarcophagus is designed to heal a body, I'm not sure hunger falls into the category of sickness or wound. Maybe if the cells go too long without sustenance, then maybe the sarcophagus could repair the damage. But seeing as a Wraith's body heals itself all the time it would take a Wraith close to starving for a sarcophagus to actually activate
                    That's what I would actually think, as well. Also, I am neither sure that hunger counts as an illness or injury really. It is something natural and nothing out of the normal body functions such a sarcophagus would likely heal

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                      She wouldn't have to go into a sarcophagus because Wraith can give the Gift of Life. You should watch Common Ground if you haven't and you'll see that Guide (Todd) restores Sheppard to full health which is a mark of brotherhood. It's a thing they do only for their most trusted Worshippers and 'pets' or, brothers. Giving their life to a Queen, well, that's a given because it's a Matriarchal society.

Would a Wraith's hunger decrease?? Unlikely, I think. Any thoughts fellow Wraithy watchers?

Just finished rereading Legacy. Ah me... I need Wraith. Wraith, Wraith, Wraith.
                      You're doing it backwards. Put the human in the sarcophagus. Heck, see if those can clean the Hoffan drug out of them.

You can even kill the human and they'll be ready to munch on in the morning. Or just hook up one of those healing doohickeys and turn it on while feeding.

PS: People ruined the Legacy books for me, I can never read them now.: Also, i found the weblbog describing what would have been in SGA. The books CANNOT top John in an Ironman suit and todd battling himself from the future.
                      Last edited by WraithRichard; 10 December 2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hiya, fellow defenders. Long time, no see. Hope everybody is fine.

Could you please help me find an image? I'm looking for this specific promo image of Rhys; I'm sure everybody has seen it:
                        Spoiler:

Problem is, I only have a low-resolution file in my collection and I'm pretty sure there must've been a higher resolution version floating about the net. It has the official MGM watermark and those promo images usally had a good resolution. I must have had it some time ago and maybe just deleted it, thinking "Oh, that's just a double."

Searching Google as well as the forums hasn't brought up anything other than broken links (instead of Broken Ties) or low resolution images.

Anyhoo, if somebody actually still has a copy of it and is willing to share it, I'd be eternally grateful.

Comment

Are any of the defenders still around here or is this thread dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                            Are any of the defenders still around here or is this thread dead?
                            I'm still here. I just think this thread argues in circles a bit for my taste.

Comment

That might be because there are rarely new people coming here, the number of defenders is small, some "fresh blood" (or life force ) would be nice
                              Last edited by DarkenLycht; 05 February 2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I think the original Defenders have said everything there is to say many times.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X