Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melting along with you Draco, supposed to be around 37°C this week

Which makes me wonder: Can Wraiths get sunburns, or is their skin regenerating too fast for that?

Comment

I was wondering. I guess they have cold blood maybe... And I can imagine they are kinda resistant to heat, just as "the Defiant One" was... Funny thing is, if their skin gets red with a sunburn, their natural green complexion will end up yellow
      John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Interestingly, their blood in Legacy is green but is red in the series - I own Chris Heyerdahl's Common Ground outfit which has a plentiful amount of fake stuff still on it. Why the authors chose this is to do with their Iratus heritage, I think.

Definitely warm-blooded and mammalian, though there are those that choose not to go with that. Again Legacy has played a large part in forming some of the development and the authors spent a lot of time on this thread to get their ideas just so. But, we all have our own ideas though I really do favour the flavour of a mind to give them a name.

@ DS: I need to read Legacy again. I've got a feeling there's a lot in there I didn't catch the first time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          Interestingly, their blood in Legacy is green but is red in the series - I own Chris Heyerdahl's Common Ground outfit which has a plentiful amount of fake stuff still on it. Why the authors chose this is to do with their Iratus heritage, I think.

Definitely warm-blooded and mammalian, though there are those that choose not to go with that. Again Legacy has played a large part in forming some of the development and the authors spent a lot of time on this thread to get their ideas just so. But, we all have our own ideas though I really do favour the flavour of a mind to give them a name.

@ DS: I need to read Legacy again. I've got a feeling there's a lot in there I didn't catch the first time.
          That's very really interesting Thank you !
          You said you own the original outfit ? Or maybe I don't get you well... How the hell did you get that ?

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

*waves to Iz* Legacy is always worth another read!

It's indeed the real coat. Some time ago, most props and clothes were sold on ebay.
            The coat is fabulous, and huge! Here's a piccie from 2012 with our Todd double wearing it on FedCon. Iz was so kind to bring the coat over for the con so we all could smell it, grope it, faint at its presence worship it.
            IMG_2019.jpg

Comment

I wanted to read the Legacy books but I cannot find then but as e-books and that is totally not my thing at all.

Though I would also say Wraiths have warm blood because they have human in them and are not all the way insects. It would also be a disadvantage to have cold blood when traveling through space and going to planets where it's cold. If I recall it right, cold blooded insects go slow and sleepy, so that would not be a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

It's indeed the real coat. Some time ago, most props and clothes were sold on ebay.
                The coat is fabulous, and huge! Here's a piccie from 2012 with our Todd double wearing it on FedCon. Iz was so kind to bring the coat over for the con so we all could smell it, grope it, faint at its presence worship it.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42674[/ATTACH]
                Can't believe that was 2012 though I do remember how shaky he was when he put it on. Thought I might have to sit on him to get it off. I really, really want to come again; we had such a blast. Do you remember us sitting outside having a picnic with our dragons?

@ BP: I bid for the coat on ebay and, to my total surprise, won. It came with belt and trousers too. Since then, Chris Heyerdahl has authenticated it for me; he signed it "Hand kisses, Todd xoxo" Oh yeah...

Wraith are warm blooded; they are too active, as you say.
                sigpic

Comment

I just guessed so, though I admit I always thought Wraiths blood is either very dark red or black, it looked that way to me in some scenes

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42674[/ATTACH]
                    Ooooh, that brings back memories. I just had to go through all the photos again. We did have a great time, didn't we.
                    I hope we can meet again in Düsseldorf sometime. Bonn is too inconvenient for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm impressed That's awesome ! You got a piece from the "God" I can guess how huge it is, Chris/Todd is very tall.

Yes warm blood sounds correct to me, there are more advantages than cold blood indeed. I'm catching up what I need to know LOL

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

I have so many ideas for fan fics lately, involving a Wraith becoming a member of a SG team, but I know myself it would never get finished, that is one reason I do not write them
                        Just thinking a Wraith would make a very useful and valuable asset to an exploration team

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                          I have so many ideas for fan fics lately, involving a Wraith becoming a member of a SG team, but I know myself it would never get finished, that is one reason I do not write them
                          Just thinking a Wraith would make a very useful and valuable asset to an exploration team
                          I could use as many plot bunnies about wraith as possible. I am determined to finish my fic! (Warning: Plotbunnies may mutate into something else under my influence).

And, ah, the Wraith name debate! One of the great mysteries. Some fans go with the explanation that the Legacy series offers: In the books the Wraith name each other by the telepathic "flavour" of the other's mind. Flavour in this case meaning the mental images or emotions that are projected when in touch with said mind. For example Wraith names in Legacy are Precision (also known as Billy), Bonewhite (Kenny), Ember (Tommy), Alabaster, Guide (Todd) Please correct me or add to this, fellow defenders, I probably forgot about a ton of information. (It's 29 °C here, I'm kinda melting…)
                          I've always gone with the telepathic flavor, as anyone with a different language would have different names and context. Plus, going with insects, they tend to identify each other through personal smells or recognition of chemicals. (I will spare you my rant about Legacy names. I come off as an evil Daniel and no one wants an uninvited nerd-rant).

I too have a question about those finger thingies, and outfits, and hair: Is there some symbolism they don't tell humans to their aesthetics, or are they just trying to personalize what little they have to personalize?

Good thing the ship is organic and can be used by telepathy. Typing with those finger things is a pain.
                          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                            I too have a question about those finger thingies, and outfits, and hair: Is there some symbolism they don't tell humans to their aesthetics, or are they just trying to personalize what little they have to personalize?

Good thing the ship is organic and can be used by telepathy. Typing with those finger things is a pain.
                            Hm, in the TV series, it was never explained anywhere, but in Legacy there were hints that Wraith males can actually be quite vain and fuss over their clothing and hairstyle when they are to attend an important meeting, especially with their Queen or other Hives. Apparently they set high value to making a good impression.

Plus there are miniscule details in the clothes like embroiderings on scientists' clothes like stylised atoms or constellations. It's said that the nuances of (dark) colours are probably not noticeable by human eyes but Wraith eyes can easily discern them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Draco-Stellaris;14638379]Hm, in the TV series, it was never explained anywhere, but in Legacy there were hints that Wraith males can actually be quite vain and fuss over their clothing and hairstyle when they are to attend an important meeting, especially with their Queen or other Hives. Apparently they set high value to making a good impression.]

That makes sense. While I'm not fond of making aliens exactly like humans, this makes sense. you see it in lots of other human cultures, and I think you see it in some animal species.

Although, I doubt they take several hours just to spook humans. Stupidly, I more imagined something akin to a girls' sleepover where everyone does each other's hair.

Plus there are miniscule details in the clothes like embroiderings on scientists' clothes like stylised atoms or constellations. It's said that the nuances of (dark) colours are probably not noticeable by human eyes but Wraith eyes can easily discern them.
                              I most definitely believe in the colors thing. They definitely see things differently, and for instance) there's paint that doesn't show up except under UV light. I thought the patterns were more personal, like with the characters on My Little Pony (Twilight likes stars, Fluttershy likes flowers, etc).
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Just a mini fan fiction. Todd is on Earth. Would he be abused to make people young again like the Goa'uld was used for healing? Could he "heal" Colonel Everett as his injuries were caused by Wraith hands?
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X