No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

count me in! the Wraith are my number 1 villians, they're just misunderstood all they want is love...and life force
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      count me in! the Wraith are my number 1 villians, they're just misunderstood all they want is love...and life force
      the wraith are probly my favourite villian too then it would go Ford but is he really a villian...

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
        the wraith are probly my favourite villian too then it would go Ford but is he really a villian...
        ford's more of a anti hero at the moment, hopefully he'll appear in season 4
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Sign me up! I have always liked them.

There has been a lot of debate as to if they are "evil" or not and if they should / could survive on another food source. It doens't seem like they can, at least I don't remember it being said they had any other choice. It would be interesting to explore what could happen if they got another food source - or no longer needed to take the life energy, but manufacture it themselves. There is so much potential for them.
          Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
          http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Count me in.

As a minor comment, I was reading my history book, and according to Josephus, a woman during the siege of Jerusalem killed and ate her own child because everyone there was starving.

And we think the Wraith are screwed up....

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
              Ill join too
              Me too.
              sigpic

Comment

its good to see so many people are so willing to join ...

food food food
                Last edited by ~Benjamin~; 17 November 2006, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                  I'm in. I made a thread TIME ago about the Wraith not being evil.

Gotta do what you gotta do too survive. Just like humans have eaten other peoples bodies to survive in major disasters. (It was in a film based on true events I think? "Live" I believe.)
                  I also think the Wraith are not evil. They do what they have to do in order to survive. If someone is hungry and starving how long do you think he will have any moral stops??? Not long ago humans ate humans in the time of famine - in the Medieval ages there are many examples. I think the film was about a aircrash somewhere in the Andes. Welcome to the Club

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter View Post
                  What about 'Allies'?

The only real time they've done something worthwhile is 'Common Ground'.
                  Well to be honest the whole story in Allies was nonsence. I was really surprised when the Atlantis team and Earth believed that the Wraith are going to eat other Wraith and this will restore the balance. A race survived probably thousands of centuries to do such things? It was obvious that the Queen will not do this - it is a siucide in a long term view. If the Wraith eat others then they will be nothing more than a lonely and vulnerable hive ship - an easy target.

The Wraith in Common ground kept his word. But same did and the Wraith in Condemned - centuries he was keeping his word and as we could see the Alesia was a world with a developed civilization. Well it was...because after the meet with Atlantis may be is not so developed and populated. I hated this episode - the criminals escaped and the ordinary people suffered because of them. In this case who was the real villiant?

Originally posted by Black Panther View Post
                  I'm in! Wraith got to do what wraith got to do. Just like everyone else.
                  Indeed Welcome to the club.

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  LOL.LOL.LOL. That's right. Love and life force - that's all I am asking)))
                  Welcome))
                  LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                  Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                  http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                  My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Laura the Asgard View Post
                    Sign me up! I have always liked them.

There has been a lot of debate as to if they are "evil" or not and if they should / could survive on another food source. It doens't seem like they can, at least I don't remember it being said they had any other choice. It would be interesting to explore what could happen if they got another food source - or no longer needed to take the life energy, but manufacture it themselves. There is so much potential for them.
                    Yes, it will be interesting that idea to be explored. I think that the Wraith depend on humans because they need to suck something that only human biology has. May be all that life sucking can be scientificaly explained and then to be found a solution. Something like the anti virus of Dr. Becket but in a different way - to make human organism able to restore after Wraith feeding.

Welcome to the club)))

Originally posted by Isil'zha View Post
                    Count me in.

As a minor comment, I was reading my history book, and according to Josephus, a woman during the siege of Jerusalem killed and ate her own child because everyone there was starving.

And we think the Wraith are screwed up....
                    Hello and welcome)) Nice to see you in the club

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                    Me too.
                    Wecome

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
                    its good to see so many people are so willing to join ...

food food food
                    Yes, it's good to see Let's hope many more will join us
                    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                    My fan fiction

Comment

i did not expect this many people to join that quick hope more join soon
                      the wraith are my favorite villians to hope to see more in the rest of season 3 and hope there are in season 4 as well

Comment

Hell with the way I look at Atlantis the Wraith almost come off as the good(er) guys. If we keep getting episodes about the team letting serial rapists go unpunished and planning genocide I might just openly embrace that whole idea.

They may eat people but other than that unavoidable natural necessity they often seem less like pricks than the SGA team does.

They even seem to treat the human populations they do need to feed on abnormally well when you consider their requirements and potential alternative conduct. Industrial farming, drugging, genetic manipulations and forced impregnation anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by wriathlord View Post
                          i did not expect this many people to join that quick hope more join soon
                          the wraith are my favorite villians to hope to see more in the rest of season 3 and hope there are in season 4 as well
                          I hope Atlantis will continue more than 4 seasons. And the focus will be on the Wraith And more people will begin to like the Wraith.

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          Hell with the way I look at Atlantis the Wraith almost come off as the good(er) guys. If we keep getting episodes about the team letting serial rapists go unpunished and planning genocide I might just openly embrace that whole idea.

They may eat people but other than that unavoidable natural necessity they often seem less like pricks than the SGA team does.

They even seem to treat the human populations they do need to feed on abnormally well when you consider their requirements and potential alternative conduct. Industrial farming, drugging, genetic manipulations and forced impregnation anyone?
                          I felt the same when I watched Condemned. The whole idea was screwed up.
                          Yes, the Wraith could use industrial farming for people but they didn't do it. Not because they can't but because they don't want. While we humans look more evil compare to them with the big farms and the genetic manipulations over the cattle.

Welcome to the club
                          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                          My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                            I hope Atlantis will continue more than 4 seasons. And the focus will be on the Wraith And more people will begin to like the Wraith.

I felt the same when I watched Condemned. The whole idea was screwed up.
                            Yes, the Wraith could use industrial farming for people but they didn't do it. Not because they can't but because they don't want. While we humans look more evil compare to them with the big farms and the genetic manipulations over the cattle.

Welcome to the club
                            i thought they dont do industrial farming cause they like free range human better then caged human the taste is in the lifeforce cause if your free the lifeforce is stronger (and more tasty) ,but if your couped up you have no hope so its alot weaker lifeforce (not as tasty cause its a bit stringy)

Comment

It's possible but I doubt it.
                              LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                              My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                                It's possible but I doubt it.
                                well i think it makes sence

(same with chicken isnt it ?)

Comment