Page 1930 of 1930 FirstFirst ... 93014301830188019201927192819291930
Results 38,581 to 38,596 of 38596

Default Re: Wraith Defenders Club

What a life ! Even not safe in their own home
    Fair enough and clever, yes I agree, that's the best way it should be.
    John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Though it was interesting food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by BluePrincess View Post
    Thank you very much I'll be glad to check it out soon

- what is the purpose of the "holes" on their cheeks ?
    - why the finger armors ?
    - why aren't they naked in the pods when they hibernate ? The exchange of fluids between them and the hive through all this leather (ok, watch out, fall in the gutter in 3... 2... 1...) But I think this question was already asked somewhere ...
    - if they know one and other through the psychic network, without any name, so I guess that's the way they speak about an absent individual the same way ? Be like : "... you know, "the one" who didn't see the stunner falling on the ground, and who tripped on it on his way to the dart bay ?...
    The RPG itself is pretty much dead, a couple of people have left the forums for good sadly. But it sure could be revived for a bit of RP chatting.

Az'ryel has the perfect explantion for the hibernation pod dress code (although it would be very amusing to think of some sort of Wraith pyjamas).

The holes on their cheeks are also called viper pits or sensory pits and theories about them vary. They could be like a snake's sense for "seeing" temperature images, or alternatively, they could be an extra olfactory organ.

The finger armour could be either purely for decoration or could indeed serve some purpose like protecting the fingers of the feeding hand.

And, ah, the Wraith name debate! One of the great mysteries. Some fans go with the explanation that the Legacy series offers: In the books the Wraith name each other by the telepathic "flavour" of the other's mind. Flavour in this case meaning the mental images or emotions that are projected when in touch with said mind. For example Wraith names in Legacy are Precision (also known as Billy), Bonewhite (Kenny), Ember (Tommy), Alabaster, Guide (Todd) Please correct me or add to this, fellow defenders, I probably forgot about a ton of information. (It's 29 °C here, I'm kinda melting…)

I never read any of the Legacy series so I am of no use...

But pajamas? Maybe even with some nice sleeping hat XD

Fascinating. Thank you for these precious information ! I take note

Whoah that's very hot yes, here as well. But at night I tell to my myself : I survived this day, there's some hope for tomorrow

LOL the sleeping hat ! hahaha

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Melting along with you Draco, supposed to be around 37°C this week

Which makes me wonder: Can Wraiths get sunburns, or is their skin regenerating too fast for that?

I was wondering. I guess they have cold blood maybe... And I can imagine they are kinda resistant to heat, just as "the Defiant One" was... Funny thing is, if their skin gets red with a sunburn, their natural green complexion will end up yellow

SGA, "The Queen"

Back to helping Todd rule the universe...

Interestingly, their blood in Legacy is green but is red in the series - I own Chris Heyerdahl's Common Ground outfit which has a plentiful amount of fake stuff still on it. Why the authors chose this is to do with their Iratus heritage, I think.

Definitely warm-blooded and mammalian, though there are those that choose not to go with that. Again Legacy has played a large part in forming some of the development and the authors spent a lot of time on this thread to get their ideas just so. But, we all have our own ideas though I really do favour the flavour of a mind to give them a name.

@ DS: I need to read Legacy again. I've got a feeling there's a lot in there I didn't catch the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
    Interestingly, their blood in Legacy is green but is red in the series - I own Chris Heyerdahl's Common Ground outfit which has a plentiful amount of fake stuff still on it. Why the authors chose this is to do with their Iratus heritage, I think.

Definitely warm-blooded and mammalian, though there are those that choose not to go with that. Again Legacy has played a large part in forming some of the development and the authors spent a lot of time on this thread to get their ideas just so. But, we all have our own ideas though I really do favour the flavour of a mind to give them a name.

@ DS: I need to read Legacy again. I've got a feeling there's a lot in there I didn't catch the first time.
    That's very really interesting Thank you !
    You said you own the original outfit ? Or maybe I don't get you well... How the hell did you get that ?

SGA, "The Queen"

*waves to Iz* Legacy is always worth another read!

It's indeed the real coat. Some time ago, most props and clothes were sold on ebay.
    The coat is fabulous, and huge! Here's a piccie from 2012 with our Todd double wearing it on FedCon. Iz was so kind to bring the coat over for the con so we all could smell it, grope it, faint at its presence worship it.
    IMG_2019.jpg

I wanted to read the Legacy books but I cannot find then but as e-books and that is totally not my thing at all.

Though I would also say Wraiths have warm blood because they have human in them and are not all the way insects. It would also be a disadvantage to have cold blood when traveling through space and going to planets where it's cold. If I recall it right, cold blooded insects go slow and sleepy, so that would not be a good thing

Back to helping Todd rule the universe...

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

It's indeed the real coat. Some time ago, most props and clothes were sold on ebay.
    The coat is fabulous, and huge! Here's a piccie from 2012 with our Todd double wearing it on FedCon. Iz was so kind to bring the coat over for the con so we all could smell it, grope it, faint at its presence worship it.
    IMG_2019.jpg
    Can't believe that was 2012 though I do remember how shaky he was when he put it on. Thought I might have to sit on him to get it off. I really, really want to come again; we had such a blast. Do you remember us sitting outside having a picnic with our dragons?

@ BP: I bid for the coat on ebay and, to my total surprise, won. It came with belt and trousers too. Since then, Chris Heyerdahl has authenticated it for me; he signed it "Hand kisses, Todd xoxo" Oh yeah...

Wraith are warm blooded; they are too active, as you say.

I just guessed so, though I admit I always thought Wraiths blood is either very dark red or black, it looked that way to me in some scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

IMG_2019.jpg
    Ooooh, that brings back memories. I just had to go through all the photos again. We did have a great time, didn't we.
    I hope we can meet again in Düsseldorf sometime. Bonn is too inconvenient for me.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=34704&d=1337616958 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...4&d=1337616958</a>

I'm impressed That's awesome ! You got a piece from the "God" I can guess how huge it is, Chris/Todd is very tall.

Yes warm blood sounds correct to me, there are more advantages than cold blood indeed. I'm catching up what I need to know LOL

SGA, "The Queen"

I have so many ideas for fan fics lately, involving a Wraith becoming a member of a SG team, but I know myself it would never get finished, that is one reason I do not write them
    Just thinking a Wraith would make a very useful and valuable asset to an exploration team

Page 1930 of 1930 FirstFirst ... 93014301830188019201927192819291930