Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    Welcome to the WDC! Yes, it's been very quiet in here lately sadly but some older members still lurk about the forums and come crawling out of their hibernation pods from time to time.
    Let's bring this thread some life again. There are indeed many fascinating discussions in here, always worth to bring them up again.
    Yes RL gets in the way sadly often but as long as there is Wraiths there can always be something to talk about

And welcome BluePrincess, nice to see another person that likes the sexy space-vampires

Comment

Welcome to the best thread on the site. Fabbo discussions and equally fabbo people, too. Bring up whatever you want and we can talk again, in depth.

*waves at DS*
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you for this warm welcome !
        Yeah my Wraith was hibernating, so I was kinda on "vacation" in RL, but now, I'm back on the Hive
        During these long months away I've forgot some details about the Wraith technologies. I slowly catch up with the help of many interesting threads.
        In role play, I was very appreciated by my commander, who said how I'm good with diplomacy, battle strategies and human psychology (strategic too !). Who knows if I'll be required for my skills again
        John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

I am sure you found out there is a Wraiths role play on this site bit I guess that too is asleep

Comment

I didn't see any RP here yet Probably I'll find it soon, during my explorations
            Let's see if I'll make noise enough to push them out of the pod

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

It is hidden in the fun and games section. Here is the link to the general role-play section
              https://forum.gateworld.net/forums/49-Role-Playing

Comment

Thank you very much I'll be glad to check it out soon

At the moment, I try to find answers to a few questions about the Wraith, and I don't find anything yet... maybe cause there is no answer It goes like...

- what is the purpose of the "holes" on their cheeks ?
                - why the finger armors ?
                - why aren't they naked in the pods when they hibernate ? The exchange of fluids between them and the hive through all this leather (ok, watch out, fall in the gutter in 3... 2... 1...) But I think this question was already asked somewhere ...
                - if they know one and other through the psychic network, without any name, so I guess that's the way they speak about an absent individual the same way ? Be like : "... you know, "the one" who didn't see the stunner falling on the ground, and who tripped on it on his way to the dart bay ?...

Well... so many existential questions that burn my poor little brain

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

That is really a lot of questions

As for the matter though why they are not naked in their pods, I can only guess they want to be combat ready just in case
                  Or maybe it is just to keep the show PG rated and the producers did not want to show to many naked Wraiths
                  Last edited by DarkenLycht; 22 July 2018, 11:11 AM. Reason: typeo

Comment

About the pods, your answers sound very clever. And yes, what's more awkward than to be woken naked when the alarm goes on for battle...
                    About the PG rating, I'm sure they would find a way, blurry effects, more of this organic matter for the pods... but it's more practical yes to be dressed

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Yes it is practical, I mean just imagine they get attached and have to put on their gear first again. it would also leave them quite vulnerable to be all naked. Clothing gives at least a bit of protection

Comment

What a life ! Even not safe in their own home
                        Fair enough and clever, yes I agree, that's the best way it should be.

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Though it was interesting food for thought

Comment

Originally posted by BluePrincess View Post
                            Thank you very much I'll be glad to check it out soon

- what is the purpose of the "holes" on their cheeks ?
                            - why the finger armors ?
                            - why aren't they naked in the pods when they hibernate ? The exchange of fluids between them and the hive through all this leather (ok, watch out, fall in the gutter in 3... 2... 1...) But I think this question was already asked somewhere ...
                            - if they know one and other through the psychic network, without any name, so I guess that's the way they speak about an absent individual the same way ? Be like : "... you know, "the one" who didn't see the stunner falling on the ground, and who tripped on it on his way to the dart bay ?...
                            The RPG itself is pretty much dead, a couple of people have left the forums for good sadly. But it sure could be revived for a bit of RP chatting.

Az'ryel has the perfect explantion for the hibernation pod dress code (although it would be very amusing to think of some sort of Wraith pyjamas).

The holes on their cheeks are also called viper pits or sensory pits and theories about them vary. They could be like a snake's sense for "seeing" temperature images, or alternatively, they could be an extra olfactory organ.

The finger armour could be either purely for decoration or could indeed serve some purpose like protecting the fingers of the feeding hand.

And, ah, the Wraith name debate! One of the great mysteries. Some fans go with the explanation that the Legacy series offers: In the books the Wraith name each other by the telepathic "flavour" of the other's mind. Flavour in this case meaning the mental images or emotions that are projected when in touch with said mind. For example Wraith names in Legacy are Precision (also known as Billy), Bonewhite (Kenny), Ember (Tommy), Alabaster, Guide (Todd) Please correct me or add to this, fellow defenders, I probably forgot about a ton of information. (It's 29 °C here, I'm kinda melting…)

Comment

I never read any of the Legacy series so I am of no use...

But pajamas? Maybe even with some nice sleeping hat XD

Comment

Fascinating. Thank you for these precious information ! I take note

Whoah that's very hot yes, here as well. But at night I tell to my myself : I survived this day, there's some hope for tomorrow

LOL the sleeping hat ! hahaha

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Working...
                                X