No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blergh, just recovering from a cold. Sometimes it'd be so handy to have one or two Wraith around who could just heal me.

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
    But that drawing looks nice, though I would have to get used to the nose XD
    Thanks! Yep, the nose certainly takes getting used to. XD

Comment

Pointy teeth would definitely be easier to hide than that nose, the wings though are nice.
      I once drew a Wraith with angel wings though I did not keep the pic

Get well soon, Draco

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
        The Ancients must've brought the story with them to earth when they fled Atlantis. In the centuries to come it became a legend. Because the people on earth had no concept of "life-sucking" they substituted life force with blood which wasn't as abstract to them.

As for the biological experiment of exchanging iratus DNA with mosquito DNA…
        Spoiler:

Exactly.

Btw, loving the pic, DS.

@WraithRichard: if you think most of the humans in Pegasus are regarded as cattle (albeit intelligent) then I think the flavour of the feral Milky Way types must be very appealing. A bit like Wagyu beef, I would guess, with plenty of metaphorical juices to make it tastier.
        sigpic

Comment

Hello all! I got into SG fandom quite recently and honestly though that it was dead. But then I found this forum and a thread about my favourite green boys. Some fandoms are immortal I guess... Thank you for a good laughs for what I've read so far.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the WDC! It's great to have another Wraithie around, there's so few of us! How did you discover Stargate?

@Iz: Thanks! I couldn't resist the mosquito Wraith.

Comment

I am loyal to the Goa'uld. Anyway I have tried to brainstorm a few Wraith tribe ideas :

Spoiler:
              I was thinking on the Wraith tribes and culture, so I would like to share a few Atlantis related ideas. We hardly know anything about them as hives were coming and going. Only the outfit of the Queen and the tribal tattoos have revealed a few little details. So if we ever return to the Pegasus galaxy, then it would be nice to dig into a bit deeper into their culture.

I wanted to find some aspect of the Roman mythology which could describe them. Since they seem to be the combination of the Iratus bugs and the Ancients that sounded like a logical step. The Wraith are lost spirits, so maybe the tribes could be named after underworld related figures or deities as the first Wraith could have kept some knowledge of the Ancients' culture. Okay, not necessarily all of them should be a Wraith tribe, just a few better sounding one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld
              "Cerberus, Dea Tacita, Dis Pater, Egestes, Fames, Inferi Dii, Larenta, Letum, Libitina, Mors, Orcus, Pluto, Proserpina, Viduus"
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limos
              Hesiod's Theogony identifies her as the daughter of Eris ("Strife") and sister of Ponos ("Hardship"), Lethe ("Forgetfulness"), Algae ("Pains"), Hysminai ("Battles"), Makhai ("Wars"), Phonoi ("Murders"), Androktasiai ("Manslaughters"), Neikea ("Quarrels"), Pseudea ("Lies"), Logoi ("Stories"), Amphillogiai ("Disputes"), Dysnomia ("Anarchy"), Ate ("Ruin"), and Horkos ("Oath")

I have envisoned a few tribe ideas which would greatly depend on their social attitude to the culling. Maybe a few Atlantis stories could be built how the expedition would deal with them.

Tribe A : a Wraith tribe which worships the Iratus bugs. They are considered to be the religious Wraith, where every Wraith wears an Iratus bug around their necks like a necklace. They are going for a hunt only to please their own parasites which provide them stronger abilities in comparsion to other tribes. Since it is worn so close to their brain, the Iratus bugs can also influence their nerve system. It is not exactly clear who is incharge as this tribe follows the seasonal life cycle changes of their attached bug, so they go back to sleep more frequently.

Tribe B : a Wraith tribe who raises and keep Iratus bugs as pets, but they are not attached to them directly. They are always going to cull human worlds through the Stargate, but they hunt together with the Iratus bugs. Legends say they are capable of riding them and there are giant, puddle jumper sized bugs in their hives which makes them much stronger. They can hunt with the help of Iratus nets. Similar to spiderweb they can feel every movement around their nets and the swarm of Iratus will help them to build it.

Tribe C : a Wraith tribe who has became the master of illusions. They are capable of sending false visions through the stargate as the wormhole can transmit such "radiowaves". They are a master of mind controlls who can paralize their human prey or Wraith foes. Even the other Wraith Queens don't know how many hives belong to this tribe as their illusions and projections can affect them as well.

Tribe D : a Wraith tribe who don't have the Wraith mental link capacity as they cut out this organ at childhood. They are not afraid of culling on other Wraith hives which is forbidden in general Wraith ethic. They also eleminate the complete human population wherever they go, so every other Wraith consider them as enemies since they are living just for the present and they don't plan for the future.

Tribe E : a Wraith tribe which can not or will not sleep. They have got a relatively small number, but they are nonstoply culling civilazations as their hunger is legendary. While other tribes can rest for decades, this tribe lures into other feeding grounds.

Tribe F : a Wraith tribe which has started to feed on other alien races in the Pegasus galaxy instead of humans. They have found a planet with a mushroom based civilization. This culling has changed their colour and they are weaker then other tribes, but without the returning hunger. Since their appearance has changed they couldn't merge with other Wraith tribes. Instead of keeping a feeding ground, they have got only a few planets. Technically they are the "vegan" Wraith. Other Wraith Queens consider their lifestyle as an illness, so they must hide from them as they try to eridicate them as they are not considered Wraith anymore. Other tribes believe they have got a very exotic taste according to Wraith legends so they have sent many Runners to find them. Strangely enough they have found a way how to protect themselves with different mushroom toxins.

Tribe G : a Wraith tribe who is not just feeding on lifeforce, but on blood of the victim as well. Sometimes their gates are called as the "blood gate" because dark rituals are organised there as a fine warning to other Wraith tribes. They are considered to be barbarian even amongst the Wraith. Their bloodthirsty behavoiur ended up into a mass addiction, so nowadays they are capable of draining "life force" even from trees and animals in emergency cases. This method is so harmful to the nature that their dying planets are easily recognizeable after their culling. They can cull and harm humans even without touching them directly from a certain distance, so the fight is extremely dangerous against them.

Tribe H : a Wraith tribe who has upgraded itself through genetic experiments. They have found a way to grow wings like the Iratus bugs as they use their Iratus stem cells in their Wraith babies. They are extremely good hunters as they can much easier levitate in the woods. Since they are not groundbound, their hive is not following the normal interiors. They are considered rather insects instead of sensitive beings, but their animal insticts are remarkable. They can feed on Iratus bugs as they believe it will make them stronger, but this is the main reason why other tribes consider them as heretic.

Tribe I : a Wraith tribe which has digged his damaged hive underground. They have adapted to darkness and they can easily see in the dark. They are a master of teleportation, so they can beam themselves and their victims up and down through the ground. They developed a specific hunting method which makes them immune to the beaming of hostile Wraith darts.

Tribe J : a Wraith tribe which prefers archeology. They are obessessed with everything what is related to the Ancients as they strongly believe they can also achieve ascension if they can study their heritage. Other Wraith tribes consider them crazy bookworms who rather play with their food instead of consuming them immediately. They can feel the presence of the ATA gene carriers and they have isolated the gene for their own use as they send their own human worshippers for different missions. They like making excavations on Ancient ruins for any little type of technology or a piece of information what everybody else would consider worthless.

Tribe K : a Wraith tribe which prefers technology over brute physical force. They are interested in exploring the galaxy to locate every potential human world as part of the feeding ground, so they have got a good knowledge about the Pegasus galaxy. Their knowledge and loyality can be bought with slaves who are provided by other Wraith tribes, but they rarely leave their own hives as they are rather scientist and explorers like their Ancients anchestors. Thanks to the their highly educated nature they have got a great knowledge about ZPMs, warships and ancient weapon platforms, so they have surrounded their own hive with such extra defenses.

Tribe L : a legendary lost Wraith tribe which has stuck in an other phase because of a failed experiment. They have visited many worlds for culling, but they can communicate only through projections to other Wraith tribes or victims. They can not return to our phase, but they can lure people to such places where they can transfer their prey to them.

Tribe M : a legendary Wraith tribe who has got the strongest Wraith hive ships in the Pegasus galaxy. What less Wraith knows that they have managed to capture a Nox outpost which has tried to establish a peace negotiation between the Ancients and the Wraith. Nobody knows what has happened with the Nox members, if they were ever rescued or they are still kept as prisoners. This tribe has learned a lot of their advanced guest, so they have become a master of engineering and terraforming. They are really good at growing corridors and extra defenses on any hive, so when they were defeated this technology has fallen into the hands of other Wraith tribes. Nobody has seen them for centuries, but new Genii reports mention something unnatural is lurking again in the abadonned corners of the Pegasus galaxy.

Tribe N : a smaller Goa'uld Systemlord (Eris) has fled to the Pegasus galaxy with a Ha'tak ship where she has tried to rebuild her empire. Unfortunately the Wraith has found her very quickly, but he has managed to swap his host into a careless Wraith Queen. The Wraith-Goa'uld Queen knows about the symbionte poision what the SGC has got in hand, so she hasn't built a Wraith Jaffa army. His sarcophagus technology was also built into the Hive ship, so this young tribe has started a rapid evolution, but nobody knows what are their future plans.

Tribe O : a Wraith tribe who has found the Bug People, who were Michael's failed experiment. They have managed to evolve them into a sligthly more obedient soldiers via their mental link.

Tribe P : a Wraith tribe who decided to leave the Pegasus galaxy and they are flying to the Milky way galaxy. The journey will last for years, but nobody can predict what will happen if they contact with the local races. They strongly believe a Wraith hive has settled down in the Milky Way thousand years ago ago as they were following a Furling Utopia (Eden) signal from subspace...

Tribe R : a Wraith tribe who wears an Iratus bug or bugs as a bracelet or like an exoskeleton organ on their lower arm. The Iratus bug is so deeply attached to their wrists through the veins that it is part of their body now and acts like a symbionte. The Iratus bug gives them extra physical strength while it also provides extra protection as when the Iratus bug is mature enough then it turns into a cocoon type state which makes harden his body.

Tribe S : a Wraith tribe which has really followed a Furling signal from the Milky Way which was used to call intelligent races to a mass gathering. They have settled down in the Milky Way, but they are pretending to be humans as their Wraith projections can cover their true identity.

So something similar. Then there would be 3-4 alliances between them who is with who and why do they hate or support each other.

So feel free to use them in any Wraith related fan fiction.
              Last edited by Platschu; 13 March 2020, 11:50 PM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                Hi and welcome to the WDC! It's great to have another Wraithie around, there's so few of us! How did you discover Stargate?

@Iz: Thanks! I couldn't resist the mosquito Wraith.
                Thanks for the warm welcome Well, I saw it in tv when I was little, and now I have some free time so I got into old series I used to watch. So I reconnected with Stargate. I vaguely remembered that there were some green aliens that I used to be kinda scared off, but then I saw the first episode and I was like: Oh no, they are hot
                Seriously though, they are ridiculously good looking.
                After reading some of this thread, I got some ideas for drawings. Cannot wait to do a wraith mosquito
                You can check me on Tumblr, my username isis kikathedemon.

Comment

Wow, Platschu, those are great ideas! I wish TPTB could've had some of these, and gone more diverse ways to explore the Wraith as a culture and society with different aspects to them. *greens*

Wraith_Lover3000, that sounds quite familiar. When I first saw the Wraith, I was scared as well, but then in the episodes to come, they simply grew on me more and more. I'd like to see your version of the Wraith mosquito.

Comment

Thanks. I have fixed a few repeated words and gramatical errors. It was just a quick improvisation (copied from Milky Way 2020 thread) as I wanted to demonstrate how I would have imagined the Wraith as a bit more complex alien race with different motivations while everyone can find his or her favorite. As you can read I have tried to give them a "profession" or a role in their own Wraith culture as we hardly know anything about their habits. I hope you have enjoyed and maybe it can help to imagine them in higher roles as friends or enemies in future Atlantis fan fictions.

And I strongly support to mix SG-1 and Atlantis elements as you could see, so some Goa'uld could show up in the Pegasus galaxy, while Wraith should also arrive to the Miky Way. Anything can happen in a scifi. But "the lack of imagination is distasteful".
                    Last edited by Platschu; 13 March 2020, 11:46 PM.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wraith_Lover3000, that sounds quite familiar. When I first saw the Wraith, I was scared as well, but then in the episodes to come, they simply grew on me more and more. I'd like to see your version of the Wraith mosquito.
                      Draco-Stellaris, I love your pic of mosquito Wraith. Can you imagine how would their voice sound like with nose like that?
                      I drew just a quick pic, hope you like it.
                      PS: Sorry, I don't really know how to make that spoiler alert or what that is.

Comment

Haha. You are really talented and you have made me laugh.

Comment

Thanks
                          What else am I supposed to do in this carantene situation than draw crazy Wraith pictures Be prepared for more coming up.

Comment

If you could draw an Iratus bug it would be amazing. Or if you have read my Wraith tribe ideas, just draw a Wraith as it holds his hand while an Iratus bugs hugs his lower arm like a scorpion. Hehe.

Or the other idea was that they are riding on Iratus bugs as they have managed to increase the size of them. Imagine what could happen if such monsters could walk through the Stargate.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 16 March 2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I think that your tribes ideas are very cool. It would be amazing if they would explore Wraith culture more in the future, because we know so little about them
                              Anyway, here you have some Wraith with iratus bugs. Sorry for the poor light
                              89481695_613291472553239_8170542881065402368_n.jpg

Comment

Wow. You have really did it. I am completly amazed. Thank you!

I can't green you, but it would really deserve a mega green.

Here is my little contribution to the thread :
                                WQall.jpg

By the way I have imagined this Iratus necklace thing that those Wraith are feeding humans who are technically feeding them. Just I don't want to create a new Tok'ra. The Iratus would be able to lit themselves like a firefly in my little brainstorming. But you can imagine such biological functions as you want. They could be green, red, purple, blue like an emotiional indicator. Or even they could make a weird song on their instinct abdomen like cricketts if they are excited about something (like the presence of prey or other Wraith) etc. And it would funny to see what the Wraith can see in their telepathic link when they the Iratus bugs boost it as well.
                                Last edited by Platschu; 16 March 2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X