Page 551 of 1935 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154854955055155255355456160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 38695
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...

Default Re: Wraith' Defenders Club

We (or...I ) scared him away... And right when I was going to ask a serious question, too...

I really want to know if they tell the actors what those finger armor thingys are for. I was also a bit curious about his take on the feeding/gift of life process...and his approach to it. Oh well, maybe another time.

das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

Red face Re: Wraith' Defenders Club

Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Ugh. Yeah. I was going to go back and take out all my naughty comments about 'Rhys' (a.k.a. Tyler Wraith)...but then couldn't remember where they were. I know I said something over on Mallozzi's blog about being a willing worshipper , and in a couple other threads here. NOT sure what I said in this one, though...I hope it doesn't embarrass me...

Ugh. Just remembered something I said when we saw those backlot pics.

Well...what can I say...if that is you Tyler, you make one fine figure of a Wraith! Hope to see more of you...I mean...more appearances of you as a Wraith, not 'more of you' as in anything untowards...

Shutting up now...

Oh, and here...just for funsies...

Spoiler:

das
    Hee, I'm trying to remember if the left one is him, the one I put forward to be named Dave....

I think there are many who would be willing worshippers, given the chance

Airman

If I was offended by anything anyone had written, I wouldn't have dropped a line. Censorship kills inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by The Veldt View Post
    Spoilers for the Siege and Allies:
    Spoiler:
    But didn't the last Wraith hive ship retreat after the other two were disposed of during The Siege trilogy? I was pretty sure it happened in another early one as well, but can't remember at the moment. The Allies thing...was that a trick? I thought they were just getting McKay to do some repairs, capture him, and they got the information to modify the hyperdrives themselves via the virus/worm thing in the Atlantis computers. Was the retreat to show/prove they needed the technology to the people in Atlantis or something? I was under the impression it was genuine.
    I honestly don't remember in "The Siege". Now that I think of it, I believe only the cruisers retreated (but yeah, they did), while the darts hurled themselves onto Atlantis in an attempt to destroy it.

In "Allies", the "friendly" hive attacked an "enemy" hive with the help of the Daedalus, but it didn't turn well and they had to flee. After that, Rodney and Ronon went on the "friendly" hive to make repairs. The wraith scientist explained that they used to have keepers who knew everything about hive ships, but now, they needed Rodney's help to reroute circuits and such. In my mind, it was a trick and the rerouting was only meant to have Rodney adapt their hyperdrives into an evolved version -- without him understanding what was going on.

On the other hand, it's true Todd wanted to leave in "Spoils of War". But it's Todd, who knows when to break the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs View Post
    Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.
    Hi Tyler!! While you're here, I have a question for you: To what extend do you actors get hints about your characters in the script? For example, does the script say "at this point, the character smiles", or "at this point, the character feels this and that" or "at this point, the character remembers this and that"? Does the script include elements that will never be shown on screen, or later?

For example, about the "Broken Ties" wraith:
    Spoiler:

Did he understand that Tyre was intending to blow himself up with the facility? If yes, why did he let the others go, is it because he was so self-confident that he couldn't imagine Tyre refusing his Gift?

Though we have seen Wraith ships leave a battle, individual Wraith do not retreat. They advance, and keep on advancing...almost a foolish thing, if you ask me. We see it in both The Siege and Sateda, it's as if they have no concept of 'retreat and regroup'. They just keep on coming, often engaging in suicide missions like kamikazis. Bob probably knew his mission was a suicide mission, but he certainly did not shy away from it. And even when outnumbered, an individual Wraith will attack...not sure if that's their nature, or just bad writing.
    Hmm, it can be explained logically. First, they don't value individual life a lot (cf. the 2nd point). Second, they are probably so used to their own superiority against humans that they don't feel the need for tactics.

Of course, the Lanteans have no mercy for their enemies, either...
    Except when they show more mercy to Kolya than Todd.
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    Thank you for Pegasus 4, Chris!

Hee, I'm trying to remember if the left one is him, the one I put forward to be named Dave....

I think there are many who would be willing worshippers, given the chance
    Tyler is the giggly one. We haven't given him a name yet for that epi. 'Dave' (Aaron) is the one that had to unzip...

If I was offended by anything anyone had written, I wouldn't have dropped a line. Censorship kills inspiration.
    Very kind of you. We sometimes get a bit...gushy. But we also enjoy the deeper discussions. Are you allowed to tell us how many episodes you will be in in S5?

And I know I said it somewhere - I totally enjoyed your portrayal. On Sunday I re-watched Broken Ties with a friend who's a longtime SG1/SGA fan, and she's absolutely petrified of the Wraith - she screamed (literally) everytime the Wraith appeared on the screen. It was really kinda funny...since the Wraith have an opposite affect on me.

We made quite the pair.

das

Airman

Sorry if my replies aren't very fast. I'm just figuring out your forum. I have some answers. . .

Sorry if my replies aren't very fast. I'm just figuring out your forum. I have some answers. . .
    "We are a patient race..."

I'm curious - why 'tubbs', and not your real name (like Bam Bam and others have done)?

das

Airman

okay, got it

Spoiler:
    Yes, sometimes things are written into the script. For example, ". . . the Wraith casts an evil smile in Tyres direction." But if the actor has a more interesting choice for that moment, they can do what they want. It's up to the director to accept or refuse the actor's choice.

Regarding Tyre: "Rhys" didn't really have a choice either way. He was dying. Fast. So, though Rhys was clever enough to know what Tyre was up to, his only choice was a last ditch effort to bring him back.

Airman

"We are a patient race..."

I'm curious - why 'tubbs', and not your real name (like Bam Bam and others have done)?

das
    Spoiler:
    Tubbs was my nickname in elementary school. It's kind of a joke amongst some of my friends. My real name would have been fine too. Tubbs just makes me laugh.

okay, got it

Spoiler:
    Yes, sometimes things are written into the script. For example, ". . . the Wraith casts an evil smile in Tyres direction." But if the actor has a more interesting choice for that moment, they can do what they want. It's up to the director to accept or refuse the actor's choice.

Regarding Tyre: "Rhys" didn't really have a choice either way. He was dying. Fast. So, though Rhys was clever enough to know what Tyre was up to, his only choice was a last ditch effort to bring him back.
    Ah, very interesting. There is one thing I REALLY would like to know -
    Spoiler:
    why did 'Rhys' jump back after the first feeding/gift session with Ronon (in the old shack)? Was that a director's choice just to have your character on the far side of the scene, or did it signify the affect that the 'process' had on the Wraith?

das

Spoiler:
    Tubbs was my nickname in elementary school. It's kind of a joke amongst some of my friends. My real name would have been fine too. Tubbs just makes me laugh.
    Oh, okay. I expect Aaron to show up now as Crockett...

das

Airman

Ah, very interesting. There is one thing I REALLY would like to know -
    Spoiler:
    why did 'Rhys' jump back after the first feeding/gift session with Ronon (in the old shack)? Was that a director's choice just to have your character on the far side of the scene, or did it signify the affect that the 'process' had on the Wraith?

das
    Spoiler:
    Good question. Well, the "procedure" is taxing to both of them. At first he's feeding on him, but then giving life back. So, on the day I told Ken how I wanted to start that scene. Since I was giving life back to him it only makes sense to be exhausted - as though it took all my strength to pry myself off of Ronon, the heavy breathing, etc. Ken agreed, so we tried one and it worked. They were very supportive when it came to trying new and interesting stuff.

Chief Master Sergeant dolfynnchick's Avatar

Hey kids! Wanna watch Dolphin-chick try to do a multi-quote tag? Here we go!

dolfynnchick - you do know that SGA will be filming in Vegas shortly, right? Not sure where - don't know if you can ask Mallozzi...

das
    Yeah, I'm not going to ask and I'm not going to go out of my way looking for them as I don't want to be stalker-ish. For all I know they'll be filming near Nellis Air Force Base. If they happen to wander anywhere near my neck of the woods, I'm not responsible for my actions (I'm shy by nature so I'll probably just run away and hide).

Hey guys/gals,

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
    Tyler
    You are a much braver person than I. Don't let Das scare you away, she's harmless. Mostly harmless anyway... So which episodes can we look forward to seeing you in?

Lieutenant Colonel

Pleased to meet you Tubbs

And Welcome to the WDC

Red face Re: Wraith' Defenders Club

Bit random...do the teeth get uncomfortable after a while?

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by dolfynnchick View Post
    Hey kids! Wanna watch Dolphin-chick try to do a multi-quote tag? Here we go!

Yeah, I'm not going to ask and I'm not going to go out of my way looking for them as I don't want to be stalker-ish. For all I know they'll be filming near Nellis Air Force Base. If they happen to wander anywhere near my neck of the woods, I'm not responsible for my actions (I'm shy by nature so I'll probably just run away and hide).

You are a much braver person than I. Don't let Das scare you away, she's harmless. Mostly harmless anyway... So which episodes can we look forward to seeing you in?
    Spoiler:
    LOL.
    I think I have to get permission to release that information.

Airman

Bit random...do the teeth get uncomfortable after a while?
    Spoiler:
    The can, but the prosthetics team is so on top of things that you can take them out anytime. Same with the contacts, fingernails, etc.

Wraith Re: Wraith' Defenders Club

Spoiler:
    The can, but the prosthetics team is so on top of things that you can take them out anytime. Same with the contacts, fingernails, etc.
    I heard they used to put the teeth in first so that they could sort of build up lips/mouth/cheeks around them. Is this still done?

About the nails....any idea what they're actually for? There's been a lot of speculation throughout this thread as towards purpose

Spoiler:
    Good question. Well, the "procedure" is taxing to both of them. At first he's feeding on him, but then giving life back. So, on the day I told Ken how I wanted to start that scene. Since I was giving life back to him it only makes sense to be exhausted - as though it took all my strength to pry myself off of Ronon, the heavy breathing, etc. Ken agreed, so we tried one and it worked. They were very supportive when it came to trying new and interesting stuff.
    Thanks very much for that. I can't remember what I said before regarding my thoughts on that scene, but I think it was something similar. I like your interpretation of it, and it did work well, especially since we did notice it. Sometimes it's hard as the viewer to understand everything, since we sometimes have our own preconceived ideas. So always nice to get a bit of clarification, especially when we're thinking along the right lines. Thank you, again!

There were a couple scenes where I actually got chills...one was the 'Huh. Did I?' comment - very well done. 'No mercy' was good, too...very snakelike. He was proud of himself, wasn't he? I liked how he gave Ronon the sword, and then basically turned his back to him, confident of Ronon's loyalty. And I absolutely loved the 'Welcome back' line...cold son-of-a-gun, that 'Rhys'.

And yeah, I have a tendency to overanalyze Wraith scenes.

But the one that just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up was after the last session, when Ronon has finally accepted the 'gift', and he looks at 'Rhys', and 'Rhys' just gives him this look (the one in my sig) - THAT was very subtle, yet extremely chilling. It was a sort of, 'it was good for me, was it good for you?' moment, where Ronon finally gets it, and the Wraith is like, 'see, I told ya so...'

At least, that's how it came across to me.

Shutting up now...

Thanks for sharing with us!

das
    Last edited by dasNdanger; August 6th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks for your answers, Tyler. It's nice that you have some freedom in the way you play your characters.

I have yet another question for you: How uncomfortable is the wraith makeup? Do you forget it after a while, or does it itch all day?
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    Thank you for Pegasus 4, Chris!

Page 551 of 1935 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154854955055155255355456160165110511551 ... LastLast