Clear All

The Search, Part Two (304)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "The Search, Part Two"

"The Search, Part Two"
    Ep: 3.04
    Release Date: November 16th, 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit

As General Ross attempts to track down Colonel Saunders and his men within the Earth gate network, a daring campaign of retribution is launched against the Kih'Andari.
    Outstanding
    27.27%
    Good
    63.64%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    9.09%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

This episode will be released on Thursday at the regular time. The thread is now open for some last minute speculation and/or expectations.

Comment

The episode has now been released!

As usual, you can download it from the temporary link until it will be added to the website later: http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargat...h_part_two.pdf

The podcast for this episode will also be released later today!

And make sure to stop back here to post your comments on the episode.

Comment

Currently halfway through. I've got to say, though... Holy crap! I called it right on the Ancients' name for the Nebulan.

Okay. I've finished the episode. It's pretty good, but I'm not really very happy with the Nebulan storyline. I don't like that they're being pegged as the creators of everything. If so, they're obviously really frakking bored to be screwing around with our timeline and humankind in general.
        Hmm. Not as good as part 1.

***1/2
        Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 16 November 2006, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't say that they're necessarily pegged as the creators of everything, although they have existed outside of space and time for some time now, therefore they were always in existence, just like the Sentinels. Of course, we've learned quite a bit about them, and the Vorians and Ancients seem to think of them as creators.

I guess we don't know if they did or not, but I'm sure if so they have a good reason for sitting around.

Well, in two weeks we return with "Preservation," a character driven episode heavily featuring Lenori, Kayla, and the Tok'ra. Then we have "Trepidation," a very team driven episode. "My Enemy's Enemy," "A Pleasant Little Trip," and finally "Resurfacing" before the next mini-break. Hope you enjoyed the opening arc, now let the meat of season three get underway.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Like this episode finally a action pack episode.

I like the entire episode. It was interesting and had quite a fast past to it which I like. Like the ending although I guest that the enoly probably beam the Saunders out before the base was destroyed, although it not one hundred percent certain he was, it be a wast of a character for him to not be beam out, be waiting for his return if any is planned, and personally I do not think the production team like wasting characters.

And well done to Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia above for guesting the right name for nebulan. It going to be interesting learning about them. Although having them being called the sentinels would of provided a bigger shock, a question to alex did you ever consider calling them the sentinels, just wondering.

Also how the hell did the enoly find out about saunders, and finding of the planet, and I am going take guest here and say that the enoly probably already got the same gate addresses as the horizon. Also I guesting that some how they have either infiltrated this organisation, or they have being inform by a third party or by the the rough fraction, to make sure the book do not end up horizon hands, a kind of enemy of my enemy sought of thinking. After all the enoly would want to keep the civil war going but that still the question of how the rogues found the location of the planet if indeed it was the rouges who inform the enoly of Saunders arrival, guest all this will be reveal down the line.

The only complaint I have is that their was not any closer on the vorian attack, you could of link it in with the main story line more, which would of gave it a bit more relevance, it seemed it was put in their for no reason, apart from giving the fans a space battle.

oops a rather long post most of it just speculating on the further event. sorry guest it not that relevance.

final say

Overall I thought this episode was the best so far, okay I am a big kid who like space battles.

I will be voting excellence.

Comment

I'm glad you pointed out the questions, knowles: How the hell did the Enoly find out about everything?

Might be a while, but I imagine we'll get the answer sooner or later.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Gah, easy. The Sentinels are back. Not too hard of a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                  Okay. I've finished the episode. It's pretty good, but I'm not really very happy with the Nebulan storyline. I don't like that they're being pegged as the creators of everything.
                  That's a little like judging a movie after having only watched the first act. Just wait and have a look at how this will unfold over the course of the season and beyond, and then see what you think. But that's just an advice on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    And well done to Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia above for guesting the right name for nebulan. It going to be interesting learning about them. Although having them being called the sentinels would of provided a bigger shock, a question to alex did you ever consider calling them the sentinels, just wondering.
                    Not really. But during the time "Gambit" was written none of us really knew what we would end up doing with the Nebulan; we didn't know if they'd end up being enemies or allies (very much like the characters didn't know). But by the time we got to "Absolution" it was clear that they'd be more interesting as mysterious beings who seem to have our best interest at heart, rather than just another enemy in form of higher beings. And that, of course, lead to the fact that the Nebulan are basically the opposite to the Sentinels (good and evil, if you will).

Now, halfway through Season Three (writing and production-wise that is), we do have a certain idea of where things are going. But that probably won't become clear for some time, which is what I meant in the above post with judging a movie after having only seen the first act.

But I will say we have a plan; just like those Cylon fellows have a plan.

Also how the hell did the enoly find out about saunders, and finding of the planet, and I am going take guest here and say that the enoly probably already got the same gate addresses as the horizon. Also I guesting that some how they have either infiltrated this organisation, or they have being inform by a third party or by the the rough fraction, to make sure the book do not end up horizon hands, a kind of enemy of my enemy sought of thinking. After all the enoly would want to keep the civil war going but that still the question of how the rogues found the location of the planet if indeed it was the rouges who inform the enoly of Saunders arrival, guest all this will be reveal down the line.
                    Some interesting speculation there actually.

Overall I thought this episode was the best so far, okay I am a big kid who like space battles.
                    We love them too. A lot.

I will be voting excellence.
                    Glad you liked it.

And thanks to both you and Ryu for commenting. I'm looking forward to seeing some more comments.

Comment

Well might I say, this might be your best episode ever. Although I do agree I do not like where you are taking the Ancent Realigion bit, why can't those super strong beings just leave us alone. Stay out of our affairs. I mean why the hell do they have to meddle.
                      I did like the episode though. Now the race is on. A three way race. Liked Bay'lars plan there at the end. Saunders is now in the custody of the Enoly, that will proabably just make him more pissed at the universe instead of less. Oh yes and I loved the bit with the MALP, about time that they armed those things. Over excellent episode, I really enjoyed reading it.

Comment

I thought this was about even with Part One, but maybe a little bit better.
                        It's brought up some interesting questions and discoveries, with Ancient religion, and how the Enoly knew to expect them.
                        It was good that Saunders got a measure of redemption, although I suppose he just figured that it was either Horizon getting the data, or nobody.

Comment

Just popping in to say that I did read this episode but Christmas family time prevented me from writing a proper review, sorry Alex. I am very intrigued to see how this book arc is developed through S3. Good episode
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Just finished. I did quite enjoy it and since it's been ages since I read the season originally, I can't remember how the Enoly found out or if Saunders is alive. Can't wait to find out.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                            X