Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Petition for a permanent Heroes forum category

Aye

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me either way. If we get one, great. If not, I'll just keep posting in the existing thread like I have been all along.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye!!!

I've already sent an e-mail to them to request a permanent Heroes Forum!!
    I HATE SY-FY

Chief Master Sergeant lostinspace's Avatar

TV Re: Petition for a permanent Heroes forum category

I was lurking around the 9th Wonders board today and just got sucked into multiple discussions there. Which led me to wonder whether GW is the right place to have deeper discussions about another fandom, esp. one like Heroes where there's a strong, growing alternate forum out there? Granted, their board is less "organized" than it is here at GW - but then again, since we don't (or may not) have a dedicated section, what's the incentive to continue to post here?

Curious what your experience has been with Stargate or other non-Stargate sections here, e.g. BSG. Do you cross post in multiple websites about the same topics? This is really the first time where I've had to ask myself that question since I've only posted here for all things Stargate related even if I do look at other sites for info....

So don't flame me y'all - but I thought I'd raise this here.
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...eJohnTeyla.jpg
    Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

GW is only place place where i post... i love Stargate, but since it is not running now i enjoy discussing BSG and other shows. I am currentlly more active in BSG part of GW then in any SG... i feel that discussing SG now is like beating dead horse...

that's why i wish there are more sub-forums.... personally, i am thinking to move to somewhere else, where i can discuss other shows without all those SPOILER tags (like in Heros topics).

Don't get me wrong... i love it here... it's great.... but SG is not around and discussing same old stuff is boring...

I tried to get into the 9th Wonders board, but there's very little moderation there and TONS and TONS of redundancy. I tried talking to the admin about it (as did others) but he was a bit pissy about it so never mind.

I use the Superhero Hype Boards which has a Heroes forum and while it is moderated to some degree, I do like the company in GW better. The nice thing about the Hype Boards is that they do have the separate threads to discuss various topics.
    I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that people on GW have much better manners on the whole. At least they know the difference between criticizing the show and flaming each other.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

If Darren would show me how to make subforums like GW does for episodes, I could convert a chunk of my server to a Heroes forum that's better moderated than 9th Wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that people on GW have much better manners on the whole. At least they know the difference between criticizing the show and flaming each other.
    You don't get out much around here, do you?

Sorry, but while Gateworld may be better than a lot of places it's hardly a bastion of civility, either. The fact that there have to be pro and anti threads shows how poorly people are willing to tolerate differing points of view. It's either agree or be flamed into the bedrock for being "wrong."

If Heroes ever does get a subforum I don't think it'll be within the first season, unless there's a big increase in numbers around here. Staying power tends to count for more than hyperactivity. Guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    You don't get out much around here, do you?

Sorry, but while Gateworld may be better than a lot of places it's hardly a bastion of civility, either. The fact that there have to be pro and anti threads shows how poorly people are willing to tolerate differing points of view. It's either agree or be flamed into the bedrock for being "wrong."
    It's all relative... admittedly...
    There are a lot more threads these days than there used to be when I joined 2 years ago. But for a huge place like this, I think it does alright. I've had my share of trollish types here but at least they get put in their place quickly enough.
    But I do hang around a handful of forums and people seem to get away with a lot more in some places than they do here. And people seem to flare up at the slightest thing even in the smaller forums.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

I'll add my enthusiastic "AYE!" to the chrous.

Signed. I mean Aye!

Chief Master Sergeant lostinspace's Avatar

TV Re: Petition for a permanent Heroes forum category

Pssst Darren - We could probably move or close this thread too since we've got our own Heroes forum. Thanks again!
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...eJohnTeyla.jpg
    Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art