Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Star Trek Pun? (GEMINI SPOILERS!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Star Trek Pun? (GEMINI SPOILERS!!)

Please Note that in this post there are spoilers, so read at your own risk.

SPOILERS

Episode: Gemini

Ok, so Replicarter returns nd talks to Sam and blah blah blah. But getting back to the title.

In Star Trek, there is a ship called the Nebula Class (science vessel). It has 4 special properties. One of them is called the Gemini Beam, which effectively creates a clone of an allied vessel (ship), for about 3 minutes (game time, based on ST: Armada 1 & 2).

So could this be another ST knock off? Gemeini beam creating two ships? Gemini creating two carters?

Or could it be that it is refering to the Gemini Twins, you know, of the constelations or...horoscopes or something?

Ask Mike Myers would say: "Talk amongst ya selves."
    Last edited by DownFallAngel; 30 August 2004, 10:36 AM.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Star Trek games aren't canon, so it's probably just a coincidence.

Comment

You do know that Gemini means twins?

Comment

As aAnubiSs stated, Gemini means twin... no pun intended... Even if it was revelant and Gemini did not mean twin, it still wouldnt be a pun. It would probably be something like an allusion or reference.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          You do know that Gemini means twins?
          What he said....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

You know in that post, I kinda said it might mean twins.....aAnubiSs....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yes, Activision came up with the term Gemini, it's not one of the 12 signs of the zodiac or anything

Comment

so what happened in the episode...ruin it for me please!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                  so what happened in the episode...ruin it for me please!!!!!
                  You might get a better idea about what happened if you visit the episode's official thread.

(Or so I would assume... I'm not going near it until I've seen the episode myself!)
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I think the game makers got the same idea the writers for the SG1 episode did. They basically thought, Gemini = twins/clone/duplicate copy, thats what we'll call this special weapon since it produces an exact double of the original!

Comment

Everytime Carter says "Force Shield" I almost bust out laughing. Force shield. Force field? Just a coincidence right? I think it's down right halarious. Plus, after Spock on STO, almost every SciFi show I've ever seen has to have that serious alien guy/person. Spock, Worf, Odo (sorta), Seven of Nine. And, yes, you guessed it, Teal'c. I rest my case.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
                      -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Comment

Heh heh.

Comment

Politically correctness rears its (sometimes) ugly head.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Every movie has link to other movie, it's normal that some ideas are already invented but the more difficult is to change these ideas and mix them with the show to do a great job, and in fact it did ! So I don't know what there is to worry about, return watch your pathetic startrek program
                            - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                            - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                            - The Nox

Comment

I wonder where 'subspace' came from...and I loved ST Armada!!!
                              Last edited by Hyperspace; 22 January 2005, 01:24 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X