This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray for Helo thread--3x06 spoilers

This is here as a counter to the "Helo Haters" thread, here for those of us who think that Helo's actions in 3x06 "A Measure of Salvation" were truly heroic.
    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
    -Audioslave

here here.

Comment

Indeed. I can't even look at the other thread anymore. Usually I have great regard for the inherent goodness of humanity, but the sheer number of people over there who think genocide is a viable war tactic has left me feeling a little jaded.

Without a doubt, Helo did the right thing.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Without a doubt, Helo did the right thing.
        Indeed. You just can't justify genocide.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

indeed. HOORAY!!!!! im kinda sick of teh ppl in the forum for believing genocide is the right thing. got nauseua of that

Comment

Oh, but it isn't genocide because they aren't real people, they're just machines. And they're all a bunch of murderous meanieheads, so they deserve it.

Me? I think Helo did the right thing and I'm proud of him for making such a tough decision, especially knowing that at some point it will come back to bite him in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Oh, but it isn't genocide because they aren't real people, they're just machines. And they're all a bunch of murderous meanieheads, so they deserve it.
              Robocide? Digicide? What would it be then?

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter View Post
                Toastercide because thats all people think they are...giant chrome toasters >_>

Comment

Helo did the right thing. I've just about given up on the people in the other threads who are bashing him for it. Thank GOD they're just people with an Internet connection and an opinion. If they were in any sort of position of influence I think we'd all be screwed.
                  War... war never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter View Post
                    She was being sarcastic.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

When I realized what Helo was doing, I cheered. Go Helo! Good to see that someone hasn't lost their moral center.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld View Post
                        When I realized what Helo was doing, I cheered. Go Helo! Good to see that someone hasn't lost their moral center.
                        Honestly, I think if the knowledge got out that there were humans that decided against using it (the virus), that enough cylons would convince the others to leave them alone. If not for the purpose that maybe not all of humanity is hellbent on revenge.

Comment

Maybe it was morally the right thing to do, but he did ruin the mission, and he should be punished for it.

Comment

Obviously Roslin isn't too concerned. A little upset, but not too concerned about what happened. I think she realised that there was a chance of failure in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ojos View Post
                              Helo did the right thing. I've just about given up on the people in the other threads who are bashing him for it. Thank GOD they're just people with an Internet connection and an opinion. If they were in any sort of position of influence I think we'd all be screwed.
                              Well, you can look at this in two ways...

The Cylon as a people deserve the right to live equally just as much as anybody else.

The Cylon as an infestation should be exterminated because they are inferior race with no morals or justified ideas.

For Example
                              Spoiler:
                              Why would they want to find earth, they have land, they have their soverignty, why do they need to cause more problems and live in totalitarian rule with the humans

Another Example
                              Instead of distroying Caprica, why couldnt they send an ambassador to have peace instead of instigating war

In the show, and mind it a "show" refer to them as the cylon treat , not as the cylon friends, cylon race. They are not a race, they are a production line. If they choose to kill them, it would be no different than killing ants in your kitchen for infesting a cake or some other food.

For the poster to say something like that holds such a bias --is wrong, and impartial to other peoples beliefs. If everything you ever loved was taken from you, would you not want to strike them back. Yes, an eye for an eye is not just, but that means you would have to put them on your level. To say, "An eye for an eye" implies equality, and there is such relationship between human and cylon as there is between cat and dog.

What is the difference between using a nuke to take them out in one hit, and some diseased cylons.

And I noticed people brought up Geneva and other regulations, but honnestly who gives a frack in that a situation. If you had met a cylon in space youd want to cut off his fingers and toes, and would want to watch him bleed to death.

One last point, if they have a reserection ship, they dont value life unlike the humans who only have 1 chance to get it right. Yea sure its more effieciant to keep the old ones to not have to train new ones, but something like this can really change the outlook on how the cylons percieve life, and not take it for granted. They can suffer, but they never pay for it until now!!

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

Comment

Working...
                              X