The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    I hope the CGI is improved in the first-person view, or that it looks better in 3D. It is a cool idea but I can see a lot of dislike for it, especially after this was attempted in Doom with sub par results.
    Doom was a sub par movie though. Plus it was done simply for the fans to see it done in a first person style shooter. I think it could be done better in this, and would be something they may aim to do in order to make it more appealing for 3D.

sigpic

Comment

I fear I might be motion sick if that first person web-swinging is used heavily in the movie.
      It looks good so far. The mystery of Peter's parents is a nice angle to approach the character. That circular revolving room reminds me of the mirrored room in the sub in X-Men First Class. That's a good thing.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I miss Tobey. Dunst. Franco. Raimi. Elfman. Sorry... this teaser did not work for me! Not sure wether still to watch it or just ignore it! I like Andrew... well the new spidey actor in The Socal Network, but here... nah.. I said it before, and I say it again, too soon hollywood! You should have waited at least 20 years... as long as they dont touch my beloved Back To The Future trilogy I am fine...
        sigpic

Comment

Before the first installment is even in theaters, Sony announces the release date of Amazing Spider Man 2: May 2, 2014.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            I miss Tobey. Dunst. Franco. Raimi. Elfman. Sorry... this teaser did not work for me! Not sure wether still to watch it or just ignore it! I like Andrew... well the new spidey actor in The Socal Network, but here... nah.. I said it before, and I say it again, too soon hollywood! You should have waited at least 20 years... as long as they dont touch my beloved Back To The Future trilogy I am fine...
            Here here! *raises glass*
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
              Here here! *raises glass*
              I loved all three spiderman movies, these were the reason why I got into comics again! but this one..sorry... nah.. maybe I still watch it in the theaters but I really doubt they can top the original ones which were released only couple of years ago..duh...
              sigpic

Comment

Saw this the other day. Enjoyed it. Thought it was better than the others.
                sigpic

Comment

I will see this new incarnation eventually. I am just not chomping at the bit to.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I Saw the new one last friday night, i really enjoyed it , my friend was complaining about the fact that he had to make his own web shooters but i actually think that was a really nice homage to the comics

Spoiler:
                    And also loved George Stacey's portrayal as he was kinda like this in the comics, the only difference being in the comics is that Gwen dies before George does, but if you can look at the movies as being an alternate reality then its not too bad

Spoiler:
                    One thing i didn't really like was the chemistry between Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield was abit off, even when Peter and Gwen were being awkward it still seemed Awkward from Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield, i did however, like Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Peter Parker alot more than Toby Mcguire as Andrew Garfield's portrayal seemed more accurate

Also not having Mary Jane in the movie was kinda cool too
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

The Amazing Spiderman.......

Honestly what was wrong with the 3 movies they had already made? They weren't exactly box office failures so why reboot it?

It was an OK movie, but there were things in it that I just didn't like. For instance Peter Parker can now climb walls and stuff with just his hands, but how do his feet work with shoes on? If he can climb like a spider why did they drop out the ability to shoot webs? Instead they went for some technobabble solution which made sense, but didn't fit the canon.....They created a whole new canon for him. Why did they ditch his web powers?

Other then that it was a good movie 5.5/10
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                        My god, Hollywood has just found another doofus director who has no clue what to do with a superhero franchise.
                        Applauds.........

Not only that they turned Peter Parker pretty much into a douchebag

Comment

I was about to dive into this thread, but then I realized ya'll are discussing the new movie which I haven't seen. Can we not have multiple threads for different productions? Really, if we're going to have a thread for discussing the movies, there should be one for the Sam Raimi trilogy and another for the new movie.

Comment

And before anyone jumps on me for my comment about the webs. I'm not a comic book fan or reader, so I didn't know in the original comics he had web shooters. I had always assumed that was part of the spider bite too.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Applauds.........

Not only that they turned Peter Parker pretty much into a douchebag
                              Peter Parker is actually an annoying douchebag to bad guys
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

I noticed that I changed my mind about the new spider-man movie ! Oh well...,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X