Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Hello I would like to welcome you al to the Next generation of the GW fleet. The people of Gw have called for a new fleet to be created, voted upon and portrayed in battles and models.

The origional GW fleet was set in a fictional war against the Wraith in the Pegasus galaxy, a war lead by an Allience of the Asgard and Earth peoples and fought by a Asgard commisioned fleet of Earth ships. The war lasted 15-25 years between the dates of 2012-2035 and involved the loss of over one hundred thousand human lives, and the final battle costing extreame damge to our homeworld and massive casulties worldwide in every way when the Wraith attacked Earth itself in one of the largest battles ever foguht in the MW.

The GW Virtual Fleet 2.0 is to be set 5 years after the wraith attack on Earth, in 2040, when the Human race is set to expand across the MW and defend the people whom they are reposponsible against the forces of an emerging rival superpower
    I would like to join you all in becoming part of the GW fleets newest branch, and tell the Story of the Emergence of the Tauri superpoer and its new fleet of advanced warships. The fleet of the Tauri is composed of many classes of ships and because they are set in the future, they are more advanced then any we have today. The ships voted in to the fleet are required to have models so that eventually we can put them in to video clips or comic book style battlescreens.
    The ships that have been voted in are:
    [linking in progress]
    • F-322 Hurricane fighter,
    • the ATS dropship/Atlantis dropship carrier,
    • the Pegasus class cruiser,
    • the Arcturus class Frigate,
    • the Challenger class battlecarrier,
    • the Dante class battlecrusier,
    • the Dauntless class battleship,
    • the Thor class destroyer
    • the Phoenix class destroyer

The Bad guys
    Key posts:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1012 - history of the Aschen

Other Info
    [In progress]

Thanks for you continued support and hope we can make this fleet just and brilliant as it's Parent thread.
    Immhotep

All info regarding the fleet has been collected or is being updated on this website:

http://www.freewebs.com/gwfchat/index.htm

Read that website and you should be fine!
    Last edited by immhotep; 19 April 2007, 07:55 AM.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

wow, so it's started then...i think we should like before set out certain roles that need to be filled so the fleet has some structure?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah i Agree, we can use the same classes as before, with a few additional ones, in the MW we have access to other alien craft (hatak's mainly) as well as things like ground troop support. Because the MW has earth's full military in close proximity (relative to the old fleet) things like ground troop and vehicle transport craft could be a class, a class that was not in the Pegasus fleet.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Well a new home . Obviously (i think) in the final wraith battle, it was mentioned that the public know about the stargate program and the corresponding warship program.

I have made a list of ship classes, If everyone agrees (nearly the same as before)

flagship
        battleship
        battlecruiser
        battlecarrier
        carrier
        cruiser
        destroyer
        gunship
        frigate
        fighters
        transport
        supply ship
        orbital defence system

Enough do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
          Well a new home . Obviously (i think) in the final wraith battle, it was mentioned that the public know about the stargate program and the corresponding warship program.

I have made a list of ship classes, If everyone agrees (nearly the same as before)

flagship
          battleship
          battlecruiser
          battlecarrier
          carrier
          cruiser
          destroyer
          gunship
          frigate
          fighters
          transport
          supply ship
          orbital defence system

Enough do you think?

Yeah i think there are plenty of classes there.
          Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Should keep us occupied for a few weeks.
            Maybe immhotep we can standardise weapons, shields etc now. So people know what parts they can put in their ships.

Comment

Should keep us occupied for a few weeks.
              Maybe immhotep we can standardise weapons, shields etc now. So people know what parts they can put in their ships.
              Sounds like a good idea, makes the fleet more realistic

Comment

flagship
                battleship
                battlecruiser
                battlecarrier
                carrier
                cruiser
                destroyer
                gunship
                frigate
                fighters
                transport
                supply ship
                orbital defence system

Enough do you think?
                I think the only one missing is a space station. Right I have a couple of ship designs, one with what I think is quit good back story to, shall I post them here then.
                And I have also got few ideas for space stations, nothing ready yet. Also perhaps we could a ship yard to. Just some ideas.

Comment

Well I figured for a space station, we could just use the ISS. Remember the program is now open to the public.

Comment

Well the ISS in 2040 will no longer be up in orbit, it only design for twenty or so years operational life. Also I was thinking may be a station away from earth.

Comment

How about a territory defence station designed for early warning, to detect any enemy fleets approaching. It can activate its weapons to soften the fleet approaching the earth by getting them as they enter the solar system.

Comment

The orbital defence system class would be a space station and we are only going to have a few stations accross the galaxy anyway. Plus we can alway use the midway station as a template.
                        I think standardising now is a good idea, because it was the one thing i never got round to doing. So yeah doing that would be great.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

I'd like to add the Asis to fleet
                          (and if anyone needs a picture)
                          Spoiler:

It is a cruiser, and a rather large one at that. 2400 feet long, that's ~750 meters.
                          I hope this fleet is as good as the other one.
                          I may add the Entropy ships to this one, but I only have a concept for one of them.

Edit: Stats are as follows:
                          10 Heavy Rail Guns (500mm)
                          Reverse engineered and reconstructed Asgard shield
                          10 Nuclear weapons launchers (built into rail guns, only 10 nukes on board)
                          Engines are 2 large Ion drives and 2 smaller secondary Ion drives.

Hull is an alloy of Trinium and Titanium
                          Mark IV reactor
                          Last edited by WTFOwned; 11 November 2006, 08:58 AM.
                          Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Right so bit bored so standard things ship should use that are submitted. There can be exceptions but need a good reason...

Ok running down the componants ships can use, open to revisement.

Standard componants:

Hull:
                            ~Trinium/titanium
                            ~Trinium/Naquadah/Carbon
                            ~Titanium
                            ~Naquadah
                            ~Trinium
                            ~Steel

Engines:
                            ~Hebridan Ion drives
                            ~Asgard hyperdrives
                            ~Goauld Gravity drives
                            ~Asgard chemical drives
                            ~Human chemical thrusters

Power sources:
                            Mark I - Origional
                            Mark II - Second prototype 600% overload from origional
                            Mark III - Second version made stable (even at 600% ) and suitable for full time use
                            Mark IV - Third version but 3 times the Size, industrial scale Reactor, powers most Ships without any problem, most common
                            Mark V - Smaller mark III reactor, extreamely efficient, powers smaller vessels and colonies.
                            Mark VI - Large scale experimental Naquadriah reactor, able to power any ship without instability
                            Mark VII - large scale Commercial reactor, used by private sector power conpanies after public revelation, 1reactor powers an entire mid sized town.
                            Mark VIII - Industrial scale perfect reactor, only 1 ever built, able to power atlantis to 60% opimum power rate. So large a section of Pier b had to be rebuilt in order to fit it in.

Defences:
                            ~Asgard shields
                            ~Goauld shields
                            ~Trinium plating
                            ~Ablative trinium/titanium armour

Weapons:
                            ~ Rail guns; Calibres 10-50 mm, 100mm, 250mm, 500mm
                            ~ Coil guns; Calibres 10-50 mm, 100mm, 250mm, 500mm
                            ~ Energy cannons; #Asgard energy weapons #Goauld Hatak cannon #Tollan Ion cannons

May need revisement and other bits and bobs added
                            I too hope this fleet is as good as the other one
                            Last edited by immhotep; 11 November 2006, 10:15 AM.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Well here my design for a shuttle craft type design. This ship is specifically design to shuttle troops and cargo ships . It powerful engines, also allow it to be use as a scout vessel and also as a science craft. So basically it multi purpose craft. Their also quite a bit of history with this design.

HMS Endeavour

Class: Long range shuttle/ scout vessel/cargo/science.

Technology Base: Earth built tech apart from Asgard transporters and hyperdrive.

crew: Five crew men with ten passengers, with out cargo

Hull: A naquada trinium hull. A layer ablative armour, base a Anubis super solder armour. Unfortunately this variety is only fifty percent effective when compare the super solder armour.

Engines: 4 ion drives and a Asgard hyperdrive

Weapons: 2 rail guns turrets, with two guns each. Soon to be updated with four plasma cannons, base on Felger early work, is currently being perfected by Samantha carter.

Shields: One earth made shield. This shield is a prototype for earth base shield tech. The shields were base of Gould tech which was obtained from reverse engineering of their cargo ships, partially improved by suggestions of Asgard engineers. These can be built using earth base materials.

Reactors: Two mark two naquada reactors.

Other equipment:

A earth base sensor package, subspace sensors, heat sensors, Sound sensors and many more.

Subspace Communications

History:

It was first dreamed up be Samantha carter. She wanted to explore a strange nebula but was not unable to because all earth vessels were engage in operations. She came to relies that they needed to design and build a small craft capable of such missions and also of ferrying troops to planet and exploring planets with no Stargate on them. These operations often do not take place simple because vessels are not available.

The basic hull was inspired by the NASA space shuttle designs, with extensive modifications and updates.

Unfortunately congress refuse to fund the project because they were more interested in building battle ships and larger craft. Carter after spending several months on designing the craft was disappointed.

That until the United Kingdom got involve. An agreement in allowing SG1 on British soil to explore Merlin cavern, meant we were given full access to all of Americans research and development programmes. Although Britain had the knowledge and funding to launch their own battle ships they did have not enough materials. Although the agreement provided a certain amount of Naquadah and trinium each year this was only enough to construct 10 fighters per year. United Kingdom currently had thirty in it fleet. They lack the capability of mining the ores themselves.

United Kingdom approach Samantha carter, head of research at the time and agree that Britain would and fund and construct the HMS Endeavour to be the United Kingdom first interstellar craft. Although certain congressman objected to the agreement, they were quickly overall by President Hayes who wanted to increase cooperation’s between nations and he was also being pressured into an agreement by the Asguard, a part their treaty meant all nations sharing all technologies, something American have been blocking.

This craft was design and built in less than eighteen months. Its first mission was meant to test the hyperdrive engines in a three day mission to an American run out post. Unfortunately they were intercepted by two Lucian alliance cargo ships, equip with weapons. The Endeavour manages to destroy one of the vessels and severely damage the other one. Although the Endeavour it self was also severely damage.
                              A race begun between the two vessels fortunately the Endeavour was able to get it hyperdrives online and made run back to earth. The craft showed it was well capable of holding up to in combat.

Its second mission was to explore the newly named Samantha carter nebula. This nebula turns out to be rather strange. As it contained several planets independent of stars. Also a strange outpost was discover on one of the planets which turn out to be furling in origin and which contained the strange energy reading which Samantha first discovered and was the reason for her wanting to explore the nebula. The base is still being study today although with very little success. They still have not learned how to operate any of its equipment.

It third mission was to a colony one of the other planets inside the nebula. Here they set up Britain first off world colony. It was a massive mining facility. The planet was found to be rather strange as it had both trinium and Naquadah deposits, which is very uncommon to find. This planet allowed Britain to construct and build its first warship named the HMS Excalibur.
                              A new fighter, the RSF Raven, was put into rapid production and sold to the Russians, Chinese and French.

The Endeavour was soon joined by six new crafts, the Columbia, Atlantis, Enterprise, Discovery, Challenger and one named after her designer, The Samantha Carter (she got fed up waiting for the Asgard to name one after here.

Okay here some pictures of her

The last on is of felger base energy weapon. Still need some work, through. But basic designs are.

So what do you guys think of the vessel. I still got to start the other vessels that in its history.

Any suggestions would be help full
                              Last edited by knowles2; 11 November 2006, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X