This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing: 'Stargate SG-1: A Celebration of 10 Years!'

GateWorld is proud to announce an exclusive new Stargate SG-1 collector's book, coming to you straight from Stargate Productions in Vancouver, B.C.!

To celebrate the world premiere of the 200th episode, the cast and crew of Stargate SG-1 gathered for a big party on August 18, 2006. Part of the celebration was an anniversary gift to every member of the cast and crew from the show's executive producers, Robert Cooper and Brad Wright. Titled "Stargate SG-1: A Celebration of 10 Years," it is a glossy, full-color collector's book packed with pictures, memories, and more from 10 years of Stargate's production.

A limited number of additional copies of this very unique project were printed to help defray costs, and will be offered to fans exclusively through GateWorld! A portion of the proceeds will also go to charity. Here's what interested collectors need to know:

* Books will be available for sale exclusively online at GateWorld in the near future. We expect to have approximately 1,000 copies, and no decision has yet been made as to whether more will ever be printed.

* The book includes some favorite photos you have seen, and behind-the-scenes snapshots you've never laid eyes on. (My favorite is Martin Wood holding hands with a Furling!)

* These books are autographed. While we won't be able to accommodate specific autograph requests, we can guarantee that every book is autographed by at least one main cast member of Stargate SG-1 and one producer.

* Books also include four blank Autographs pages! Take your book to conventions with you to collect more autographs, and make your volume absolutely unique.

* The book is paperback, 151 pages, measuring 10 inches by 10 inches. Every page is glossy (heavy stock paper) and full-color.

* There is an introductory limit of two copies per person.

* The introductory price is $199.99 U.S. (You'll be able to pay by Visa, Mastercard, and hopefully by PayPal.)

* We expect to have international shipping available, for those willing to pay the freight costs from the U.S.

Stay tuned for more details! When the books come available, you'll find more info and a selection of preview pages to get a taste of what the book is like inside.

I hope everyone interested in the behind-the-scenes of SG-1 is as excited about this project as we are. It's a very cool thing that the producers decided to make this anniversary book available to fans as well as their own "family," and its pages contain a very intimate portrait of life at The Bridge Studios from 1997 to 2006.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darren; 08 November 2006, 03:50 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Wow it looks awesome - but only a 1000 copies? There are going to be some battles to get a copy
    A Symbiote

Comment

$200!, screw that, that's too much for me, and really want a copy.
      sigpic

Comment

Neat, bit pricey though.
        "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

too frakking expensive. But it'll still be sold out within minutes. There should be more copies

Comment

That is a fantastic collector’s item, but I can get a lot of other Stargate merchandise for that much money. I’ll have to think about this one…

Comment

Wow what a nice thought for fans all around the world, even if it is a bit pricey i'm sure it will be sold out in a matter of minutes!

Tara now eyeing her credit card to see if she can afford this once in a life time book
              ......TARA......

Comment

You'll have to beat me to it

Comment

Well, i'd certainly consider getting a copy. $200 is a little steep, but for a collector's item, it might be reasonable. It's a decision i'll have to make when the item goes on sale.

Comment

Wow way to make a bombload of money.

I won't be buying...it's a gimick.
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Just came back from the NJ/NY con - people shelled out $450 for banners and signed autograghed picture packages at the auctions. $200, tho steep for the average joe/jo -s like us, is actually reasonably priced for a collector's item.

As for me, I am still debating if I can "treat" myself. Hmm, hope they go on sale AFTER the holidays.
                      A Symbiote

Comment

I'll just put it on my Christmas list, then my hubby will HAVE to get me one.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
                          Well, i'd certainly consider getting a copy. $200 is a little steep, but for a collector's item, it might be reasonable. It's a decision i'll have to make when the item goes on sale.
                          Yeah, $200 for a book, sight unseen (despite the topic) is a lot... I know they'll be snapped up and within 24 hours some will be on eBay going for even more astronomical prices. Wow, $200 is an airline ticket to a con....

Comment

We are also interested in this book. It is a bit expensive but it seems to be worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Yeah, $200 for a book, sight unseen (despite the topic) is a lot... I know they'll be snapped up and within 24 hours some will be on eBay going for even more astronomical prices. Wow, $200 is an airline ticket to a con....

You actually bring up a great opportunity on e-bay for buying the book. I'd consider buying 2 copies, but i think they will limit orders to just one per address/person.

Comment

Working...
                              X