This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jaffa versus the Wraith

Should the Wraith ever manage to get to the Milky Way, how effective do you think the Jaffa would be?

personally, I think the Wraith would walk all over any defence the Jaffa could put up. Because they're on the verge of civil war, the Jaffa are all split up and all over the Galaxy, which means they can't mount a true defence against an invasion force such as the Wraith.

After the Wraith have then wiped out the Jaffa (except for those smart enough to hide on Earth), the Ori or Earth would probably wipe them out completely, getting rid of two annoyances at once

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

wraith because they can feed on the jaffa
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

We don't know how effective the Jaffa Weapons would be against the Wraith. If 2-3 shots with a Zat can take down a Wraith it would be alot easier than half a clip from a P-90. Which makes me wonder: Why the Atlantis Expiedition Team didn't take Zats or Staffs?

Also we don't know what effect a Jaffa Symbiote or Tratonin would have against the Wraith feeding ability.
      WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
      Spoiler:
      If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
      - Bertrand Russell

Comment

The Wraith would kick their over-arrogant asses back to Goa'uld town.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

How effective would the Jaffa be at stopping the Wraith,not very. About as effective as they've been against the Ori I'd say.

Wraith psychic tricks combined with what's always been atrocious battlefield tactics and discipline are going to get them slaughtered on the ground.

In space it's the same story. Ha'taks vs hives and cruisers is going to look about the same as Ha'Taks vs toilets did. The only difference is that Jaffa suicide ramming attacks would probably be more effective.

But hey, that's something right

Comment

Oh, the Jaffa will be as good as metal plated fried chicken against the Wraith.

Comment

I think the Jaffa's if leaded by Teal'C would have a better chance at beating the Wraith ....

Jaffa's are stronger then humans , So they could fight them hand to hand better then we could . They also have the Staff weapon that is used as a fighting stick when up close , but is also good for close range shots to the head .

At the same point you have to think of how many Wraith are you talking about .... Is it one of two or even three ships coming at us ? If there is more then 3 ships then i think if the Jaffa's , humans and the Asgards team up then yes we could take them the Milky Way would have a chance , unlike the Ori ships , the wraith ships can only take so much tell there shields fail ...

Then you have the darts , there great for fast attacks , but the Jaffa's have there own ships that would also have a good fighting chance as well .

I wuld say it would be a hard fight for both sides , and i would also say the Wriath could win if there numbers where HIGH , Like 5 to 6 or even 8 ships at once to the Milky Way Galaxy , but if there is 4 or less , then sorry i would have to say the Jaffa;s would fight to there last man standing , and that there would keep the Milky Way safe ...

It more of a NUMBERS game with the Wraith , where the Jaffa's like there straight ...

Comment

all most ships in the milky way have shields IE: Hataks, oddessy, Ori etc but wraith dont have shields so i say the jaffa would win because their ships have shields which means more attacks and hey maybe one day the gouald will goto the pegsus galaxy and attack the wraith we know they wanted to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard View Post
                  all most ships in the milky way have shields IE: Hataks, oddessy, Ori etc but wraith dont have shields so i say the jaffa would win because their ships have shields which means more attacks and hey maybe one day the gouald will goto the pegsus galaxy and attack the wraith we know they wanted to kill them.
                  I don't think so. Just because they have shields doesn't mean that the would win. Think about it, a hive ship is about 3+ miles long and a Ha'tak is about 1500 ft. long. Even with shields, the Wraith energy weapon pulses would take out a Ha'tak and breach it's shields long before any permanent damage to a hive would occur. It seems the strength of weapons and shields is color-coded:

Goa'uld: Orange and weakest
                  Prometheus's modified Goa'uld/Asgard shield generator: Yellow
                  Atlantis's shield: Green/blue but it's powered by a ZPM so it lasts as long as it's powered**
                  Asgard ships/Daedalus DSC's: Blue
                  Ori: White

The same goes for the weapons.

Apparently, the further you go up the specrtum, the stronger the shields are so even if a Ha'tak or several were attacking it, a hive ship would take out a Ha'tak after a few shots. It takes about 30 or so shots from another Ha'tak to take out one of it's own and since Hive ship pulses and blue and therefore, more powerful, they would take about 5 or so to destroy a Ha'tak.

** A shield powered by a ZPM can last almost indefinately, whereas a normal non-ZPM'd shield cannot, otherwise Atlantis's shield would not be as strong.

This isn't made up stuff, I did some research into the episodes.

AGT58

Comment

Shielded Ha'Taks can fair better against the Wraith ships. Both have fast firing pulse weapons, and the Ha'Taks themselves pack quite a punch.

Remember in The Reckoning, there were about 120 Ha'Taks ships under Baal's control and then about 200 or so Replicator-controlled Ha'Taks showed up. The Jaffa have PLENTY of ships.

How many Hives have we lowly Tauri blown the crap out of? About 10 or 12 now? lol

We've seen 304s seriously damage as well as destroy Hives and Cruisers, but so far the 304s haven't gone 1-vs-1 against a Ha'Tak and completely winning agaisnt it.

Thats why I think Ha'Taks can give Hives a problem.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

How the hell would the Ha'taks know where to shoot on the hives to hit the hyperdrives and hangars to cause secondary explosions?

Comment

Originally posted by Stargatenutcase View Post
                        Should the Wraith ever manage to get to the Milky Way, how effective do you think the Jaffa would be?

personally, I think the Wraith would walk all over any defence the Jaffa could put up. Because they're on the verge of civil war, the Jaffa are all split up and all over the Galaxy, which means they can't mount a true defence against an invasion force such as the Wraith.

After the Wraith have then wiped out the Jaffa (except for those smart enough to hide on Earth), the Ori or Earth would probably wipe them out completely, getting rid of two annoyances at once
                        This is how it would happen:

The Wraith got there hands on Earths coordinates they head there. But unfortunately it's not earth they arive on a planet being attacked by the Ori.
                        The Wraith fire upon the ships but the shields won't go down the Ori ship destroys a few of there ships and the Wraith have to run.

They run and encounter another planet and Jaffa ships surround this one. The Jaffa are trying to join together and destroy the Ori, the Wraith attack the Jaffa and the Jaffa respond.

Doesn’t matter who wins because the Wraith get a hold of a Jaffa ship and find out were earth is they split the Hive ships in two and the second half head to earth. The Deadlus has just arrived from Atlantis ready to help take down the Wraith that has entered their galaxy. The Wraith Arrive and find two earth ships ready to fight though they can't hold up long against what the Wraith brought but that's okay they are just the Destruction. the Earth's ships fire on the Wraith and draw them in then the Earth ships jump but not before beaming something down to Earth. The Wraith get close two the Planet ready to invade but suddenly there is a light heading for the Wraith It's the Darts form the Outpost Destroying all ships around Earth but that leaves the Jaffa with the Rest.

As who whould win I'd give it to Jaffa though they would losses alot of ships doing it.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Any crack heads can take down the Jaffa. They went from warriors to arrogant *******s that are to full of themselves. The Jaffa are becoming like the Ancients. They wont clean up their own messes & all of that. The hell with the Jaffa. Come on Ori wipe them out.

Comment

Definately the Wraith. They don't leave extra ships sitting in their capital ship hangars and can probably produce more ships in the long run whereas the Jaffa would lose a war of attrition if they don't ask the Tokra for help in starting a ship construction yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargatenutcase View Post

I agree
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X