Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Nemesis: Love it or hate it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOLQ_5WRQ0

^The Enterprise crashes into the Scimitar.

I saw Star Trek Nemesis recently and it was quite a show! Some
    people on Youtube really complained about it, though.

What is your opinion on the movie?
    sigpic

Hated it
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

It was ok
      sigpic

Comment

Horrible movie, directed by a guy who didn't even know the names of the characters. It was more like The Wrath of Kahn: The Next Generation. Only withohut the, you know, quality.
        War... war never changes

Comment

Disappointing. Very disappointing. My friend (who is also a long-time Trek fan) and I finally got round to watching it this year. At the end of the film, we were both in agreement that apart from the action sequences; NOTHING actually happens. Or maybe something did, but it was too uninteresting for us to care; so when the whole Picard clone and B4 thing was going on, we just talked about classic TNG moments of old.

The film was too focussed on Picard, Data and Shinzon, when everyone should have had their fair share of screen time, as this was to be the last film with the TNG crew. Oh well, Nemesis was the first of the even-numbered Trek films to bomb badly. Maybe the new odd-numbered film will break the mould and actually be good for a change? I suppose we'll know for sure come 2008.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

It was not a fitting end to TNG. Ron Moore and Brannon Braga should've wrote it, not some hollywood writer. And the director was just bad as well.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I thought it was average, I liked it enough to buy it, but not enough to watch it over and over, the action sequences were great, the dune buggy thing was cringe-worthy, and yup, I agree, that Ron Moore and Brannon Braga could have written this same movie and made it extrordinary. There was so much potential in this story, and it shows through in parts, but just doesn't work as a whole- it should have stayed within the Trek family. Although Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart were great as usual, and it's always worth watching just for them. Sad thing is that I have trouble remembering what the other characters were doing.....

It's a shame TNG didn't go out with the bang that it deserved.

Edit: I think that the final version of the script that we got to see on screen, was more like what a rough draft would have been like for RDM & BB.

Comment

Absolutely hated it. I can't think of a single redeeming quality of "The Wrath of Khan: The Next Generation".

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                It was not a fitting end to TNG. Ron Moore and Brannon Braga should've wrote it, not some hollywood writer.
                Good lord. I shudder to think how much worse it could have been had those two nitwits been allowed to write it. They should have been fired early in voyager's run. Maybe it and everything Trek that followed it wouldn't have sucked so hard that way.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I didn't think it was terrible, but it wasn't really what I wanted from the final TNG movie. I would have preferred something with Q, maybe explaining what he meant in his final scene in "All Good Things".
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Good lord. I shudder to think how much worse it could have been had those two nitwits been allowed to write it. They should have been fired early in voyager's run. Maybe it and everything Trek that followed it wouldn't have sucked so hard that way.
                    Ron Moore, a nitwit??? You do know that this is the guy who has gone on to create the New BSG? And I'm pretty sure he was only involved in Voyager for part of season six. Moore and Braga were a GREAT writing team- First Contact proved that, and I think that they should have written both movies that followed, Trek had a winning combination there.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      I didn't think it was terrible, but it wasn't really what I wanted from the final TNG movie. I would have preferred something with Q, maybe explaining what he meant in his final scene in "All Good Things".
                      I would have LOVED a Q movie, there is so much potential there, and a follow-up to "All Good Things" would have been very fitting.

Comment

I didn't like it. There was only one good scene, and that was when the two Warbirds decloak. Picard puts on his "oh crud, we were screwed before, but now we're *definately* going to die" face, and then answers the hail. I love how the music changes when he realizes that the Warbirds are allies.

But other than that single scene, I can't think of anything worth watching again. There were so many cringe-worthy scenes in that movie that I can't bring myself to watch it again.

*sighs* I really wanted to watch it too.

Comment

I liked it a lot actually, it had good action, some pretty good performances from Shinzon, and the scene in the Romulan Senate with Picard was just gold.

I don't think any Trek movie can replace Final Frontiers as the worst for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Ron Moore, a nitwit??? You do know that this is the guy who has gone on to create the New BSG? And I'm pretty sure he was only involved in Voyager for part of season six. Moore and Braga were a GREAT writing team- First Contact proved that, and I think that they should have written both movies that followed, Trek had a winning combination there.
                            Whoops, you caught me not reading posts right. I'm so used to seeing "Braga" next to "Berman" that I didn't even notice it actually said Ron Moore. My mistake!

BSG is easily my favourite TV show....I do know how great a writer he is

Though First Contact was not exactly a flawless film itself. It had room to make itself a lot darker, it really should have fleshed out the postwar Earth better, and I still think the idea of a Queen is blasphemy to everything the Borg were originally written as.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I liked it a lot actually, it had good action, some pretty good performances from Shinzon, and the scene in the Romulan Senate with Picard was just gold.

I don't think any Trek movie can replace Final Frontiers as the worst for me.
                              Hah, yup, Final Frontier was.....catestrophic. To say the least.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Whoops, you caught me not reading posts right. I'm so used to seeing "Braga" next to "Berman" that I didn't even notice it actually said Ron Moore. My mistake!

BSG is easily my favourite TV show....I do know how great a writer he is

Though First Contact was not exactly a flawless film itself. It had room to make itself a lot darker, it really should have fleshed out the postwar Earth better, and I still think the idea of a Queen is blasphemy to everything the Borg were originally written as.
                              Hehe, I think FC is the best ST film. (just barely edgeing out ST: WoK) That movie was such a wonderful mix of action, humour, and great character development, I find it so re-watchable. The Borg Queen was perfect in this film, it was Voyager that ruined that.....

Comment

Working...
                              X