This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUestion

sorry if this is stupid or has already been asked but in the intergalactic void, is there no stars or planets, even if they could be floating around randomly?
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

My first though was no, but after some searching I found that stars can exist in extragalactic globular clusters http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9511033
    Where ever a star can form, planets can be formed from the surplus debris, so there is no reason why they cannot exist, but it is very unlikely that some do occur a long way out into the void, let alone along the direct path between the MW and Pegasus.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Unlikely but then thinking about we got the ancients who's know may some how they push a entire star system into the void. Yes I no the power required for this would be enormous and may be unachievable but who's know. Also perhaps It could be a experiment by the ancients to build a entire a solar system from scratch. Either two would be enormous achievement and undertaking to perform.

All it unlikely for a entire solar system but a rogue planet in the void , even naturally or by the ancient hands, is far more likely.

Comment

Hhhmmmm there is a possiblity that a small amount of galactic gases, enough for a star to be made, could exist in the void between galaxies but in our small area of the universe, it's very rare.

I don't think there is any between the MW and the PG because we or the Ancients would of located it and put it on their star maps.

Hey, what if the Ancients located one of these random rogue star systems and then inhabited the inhabiteable planets, there may be a planet full of Ancients somewhere and we just don't know it!
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
        X