This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rings

I dont beleive this topic has ever been made before. If it has oh well lol.

How exactly do the rings work. In some episodes i see (the first couple seasons) it shows the ship having to be exactly parralel to the other ship in order to use the rings. In other episodes (after the first couple seasons) the rings go diagonal. I'm not just speculating i mean they actually show the scenes in space with 2 ships then the lightstream or whatever passes to the other ship.

Then theres the question of how do you intercept. You cant just intercept the ring transporters i mean seroiusly. In like season 8+ you see people ringing out of space battles. What stops mere debri from intercepting you and killing you inroute.

As for the intercepting, I believe that only works when the other ship has the rings. Like intercepting a light beam, glass "debris" will let the light through while opaque objects will "receive" the light.
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
      As for the intercepting, I believe that only works when the other ship has the rings. Like intercepting a light beam, glass "debris" will let the light through while opaque objects will "receive" the light.
      Very well put gotta green you for that lad.

The Question of what the rings can do is a tough one to answer, we see that Vala knows more about them then SG-1 does, she knows they can auto target fx, I think the fact that you have to placed correctly only matters if you intercept the transmission, otherwise you can be anywhere you want compared to the sender.

Comment

Working...
      X