Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what I would do if I was a writer!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I would do if I was a writer!!!

You all are going to think I'm a total nerd but hey, its my imagination and I can do what I like with it!

- We need to discover a close circuit stargate system or a way to make an existing stargate only go and recieve from one location. Like an intranet instead of internet. That way, the Athosians would be able to get to Atlantis easily and the the SGC could have a totally secure method of transport to the Alpha site and back.
    -Launching the f-303 and f-302 from earth is too risky. I think they should develop a moon base for the f-302 and f-303 projects and put a close circuite stargate for easy transport. This way, the f-302 and f-303 would easily be able to defend earth and go on missions without much chance of discovery (especially if it was on the side that never faces earth). Plus, I say heck, they built all the Alpha site in one episode, why not a moon base.
    - for the stargate program to ever go public, the USA has to be prepared to give up control of the gate. In that case, I say an international organization takes over the gate and the US move their SGC to the alpha site. That way, the U.S still is out there but doesn't officially have all the control. I think that would greatly reduce any political tension. The internation organization would have to have some authority over the Alpha Site and would have to draft laws that provide for equal sharing of technology procured off-world (but that wouldn't apply to the existing f-303 and f-302). Each country could have a team going out of the multinational stargate on earth but only the US would have the Alpha site (as payment for giving up the gate on earth). Its a win-win!
    -In pegasus, they should find some stargates are bigger than others, so that big ships can go through a stargate! And if SG-1 finds a big gate, then they can send some f-303's or f-302's! Granted only after they find a way to recharge their zpm.
    -For goodness sake, lets meet the damned furling already!
    -Atlantis is chock full of neat advanced technology. SG-1 also needs some upgrades! Lets finally get holographic technology or those asgard beam-em-up devices!
    -We should have a permanent ambassador on the new asgard colony and thor should become the asgard representative to earth (officially).
    -Is Daniel ever going to hook up with Sara (Osiris)? They totally should, their great together and Sara (is that her name) already knows the secret!
    -Jack should get back together with his ex-wife (they looked so good together and appeared to break up for such stupid reasons. He definately should not get together with sam or any new romance)
    -Glad Sam is getting married, Pete should become a civilian agent for the SGC, making sure the Colorado Springs cops don't find out about anything and just help contain the secret. Maybe he should join the CIA and be stationed as a cop but really be working with the SGC!
    -We need a new dynamic docter like docter Becket or Frasier for SG-1
    -We need to go on the offensive with a goul'd mother ship and the f-303 already!
    -Teal'c needs to become more human and live off-base!
    -Get a better enemy than the replicators!
    -Atlantis needs more security, that gate-room is way to open (ie. blast doors)

-Bottom line, we need to go at least eight more seasons for all this to happen! You hear that! Eight more I say, never stop, not ever!

oh don't tell me some of those things wouldn't be cool! Granted they will never happen but hey, they make sense to me.

Originally posted by copperhead
    - We need to discover a close circuit stargate system or a way to make an existing stargate only go and recieve from one location. Like an intranet instead of internet. That way, the Athosians would be able to get to Atlantis easily and the the SGC could have a totally secure method of transport to the Alpha site and back.
    We've seen those already. They're called ring transporters.
    -In pegasus, they should find some stargates are bigger than others, so that big ships can go through a stargate! And if SG-1 finds a big gate, then they can send some f-303's or f-302's! Granted only after they find a way to recharge their zpm.
    Bad idea. What happens when you fly a big ship through a big stargate which is connected to a normal sized one?
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I can see that some of your ideas would make sense and would be the reasonable thing to do - IRL. However, as a tv show lives from tension and unresolved problems, I don't see much of them happening. But I would personally agree, if I was in the shues of someone who actually had a say in anything, but I'm not, so there we go...

And I definately agree with the bottom line, I think that Stargate SG-1 would be viable for a long time, although that naturally means that characters should come and go more like in ER for instance. ER keeps going because it keeps fresh by putting a new actor into the mill every season or so.

I think the show could still be excellent without one of the current main characters. Would you folks agree?
      Channara

-"How come I never get to kiss anybody?"
      -"Well, it's a... there's being episode written for you ...soon. Very soon."
      -"Sure."

Comment

Wow are we twins or something. I said practically all the same things on the scifi sg-1 board. The bigger stargates the Alpha site bigger. Its like we were reading each other's minds.
        Official F.O.R.D. Website

President (Ret.) and Founder
        The Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
        (F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Originally posted by Channara
          I think the show could still be excellent without one of the current main characters. Would you folks agree?
          I agree, as long as the show is about SG-1, no matter who the members of the team are, it can and could go on for a long time

Comment

If one of the main 4 ceased to be a part of the show with a minimum of O'Neill's current role I'd probably stop watching.

Comment

To copperhead

You could always try writing FanFic!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
              X