This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
    Uhm yeah so you call them to put some CL4 ram with those nice customisation options they have...

Besides, she wouldn't be cracking any kind of password, you think the Ancients/Ori don't have anything more than 256 bit encrytion, which takes more than years to crack with a supercomputer?
    which is why she would not be using a gaming computer

guarantee you government stuff reserved from the public is faster than anything dell has, and further guarantee that in this pseudo world there is kit significantly faster than that, ancient crystal tech for one, even if it is on screen a dell, that is a production quality lapse, like having something that is clearly a styrofoam ball as a UFO, just at a slightly higher level

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
      That was the Dell XPS, its a notebook computer designed specifically for gaming, so why would she have a gaming machine for hacking into an Ori ship, maybe its just product placement or she was hiding on the bridge to play some games.....
      This is what we call a SciFi sterotype. You have got to be kidding me. Of course it was product placement.

Now for an explination. What would you use to hack into an Ori ship. With the speed and power that that computer has. She hacked in and out with no lag what so ever.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK View Post
        This is what we call a SciFi sterotype. You have got to be kidding me. Of course it was product placement.

Now for an explination. What would you use to hack into an Ori ship. With the speed and power that that computer has. She hacked in and out with no lag what so ever.
        This brings up an interesting point. Tauri information networks may be better then Ori ones (after all, we do have the internet). Perhaps the could take out the Ori.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
          That was the Dell XPS, its a notebook computer designed specifically for gaming, so why would she have a gaming machine for hacking into an Ori ship, maybe its just product placement or she was hiding on the bridge to play some games.....
          they need the graphics & the card & Direct X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
          pps = power per second
          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
          xfire = zpm
          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
          http://m2kclan.com
          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
          port: 3785
          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Product Placement.

That's why.

Oh, an "in show" reason? I go with Jumbo-DR's.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN View Post
              Macs suck, get a real computer.
              not that I'm a mod or anything, but seriously this forum isn't a place to start a Mac vs. PC flame war. I use both PCs and Macs (and Linux boxes for that matter) and they each serve their own purposes. See? Over and done, my dear, no need for a skirmish in the OS wars here.
              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
              Check out my Flickr

Comment

Games dont always need good graphics cards just to get the ultimate experience. RTS games require lots of cpu power and vast amount of ram to compensate for the hundreds of units being rendered on the screen at once. Games such as Supreme Commander and C&C 3: Tiberium Wars will need alot of Cpu power and ram to play with a decent frame rate and any kind of eye candy turned on.

And asking questions like these makes my blood boil, its a bloody t.v show i'm sure they really dont have much of a reason to show the laptop other than advertising reasons or its simply just a random coincidence they had a gaming laptop shown. And dell **** me, the only computers i believe in are custom made much like my own rig. I would buy a Alienware pc but i dont have a spare $5000 lying around to buy a good one.

Oh and mac's do suck, it has nothing to do with it not being mainstream but if i had my rant now there would be tears. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                  not that I'm a mod or anything, but seriously this forum isn't a place to start a Mac vs. PC flame war. I use both PCs and Macs (and Linux boxes for that matter) and they each serve their own purposes. See? Over and done, my dear, no need for a skirmish in the OS wars here.
                  OT: I already sort of started an OS war a few months back, but that died down.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    ...I mean honestly, if the Ancients were around, they'd use a mac.
                    Well, the ascended Ancients do come across as being elitist, so I guess you're right.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X