This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Drone energy and Ori Beam Cannon energy theory

I just had a little idea that perhaps the reason why both can penetrate Goa'uld shields is that they the glowing energy produced by an activated Ancient Drone and the powerful energy burst from the Ori Cannon is one and the same. It's both yellow and basically produced by the same race, Ancients and Ori aka "The Alterans" before they split into two factions.

We have yet to see Ancient Drones' effectiveness against Asgard shielding. If Asgard shields are able to withstand a few hits from the Ori Cannon, it's possible that it could withstand a few Drones before finally being overwhelmed with the number of Drones.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

i thought the ancients were the alterans, and the ori were the ori.

anyway, most of the ori ships are 'blessed' by priors to work, so i think its a bit more ascended powers rather than actual technology?
    the drones are projectile weapons, so i dont see how they could be similar to ori beam cannons.

Comment

No, you're not getting what Im trying to say. And there's NO MAGIC in StarGate. Only advanced technology and evolutionary capabilites (which applies to the Priors, albeit enhanced by Ascended Ori... as well as the Ascended Ori's and Ascended Ancient's powers).

When the Drones are activated they glow and have this... "aura" of yellow energy around them. I think this is what makes them punch through shields as well as matter.

Instead of the shield-and-matter-punching-glowing-energy BEING AROUND a weapon (Ancient Drone), its FIRED FROM a weapon (Ori Main Cannon).

Comment

its looks the same therefore it is the same?

so since pure water and 10 Molar sulfuric acid look the same, they are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by spook123 View Post

so since pure water and 10 Molar sulfuric acid look the same, they are the same?
          I agree, even our railguns have a yellow glow so does that mean they are the same as drones?

I see what you're saying though, the ori weapons probably do emmit some kind of shield penetrating energy but there is no reason to believe its the same as the energy emmited by drones.
          when the ori weapon hits you can clearly see part of it deflected by the shield whereas with drones its as if the shield isn't even there.
          It's likely many types of energy weapons can penetrate certain shields to some extent but only enough to drain them.

Comment

I think they are similar if not the same considering how both the Ori and the Ancients are essentially the same race.

Both have StarGates, both have rings, both have devices able to give life to the dead (Prior Staffs, that black cube device of which the Goa'uld Sarcophagus was based on). Both have personal shield technology. Both have uber-shields (Atlantis-class City Ships, and the Ori Toilets). Both have possessed some form of "Staff weapon" (Goa'uld Staffs are knock-offs of the original Ancient ones).

There are other tech of course...

Comment

Lets drink and find out.

Kidding. Serously kids dont try that at home.

Comment

And if you do, make sure to drink the water first.
                you NEVER add water to acid. you must always add acid to water.

Comment

i belive that they are both made up of exoctic particles well the ori beam anyway.

my theory:

in atlantis trinity the exoctic particles were contained for a extent before forcing radiation into the chamber and the containment shield. the ori power generator looks near the same and i think they power the beam with that to similarly focus that exoctic energy into their weapon like the ancients did with their energy turret gun by releasing the pressure. so that much energy can pass through shields like the hatak and deadalus even though it took 3 shots.

my theory of the drones:

well i think that the energy it uses to pass through shields matches the energy shield of the ship simply like walking through air and they have other abilities something like a a.i cos they can automactically seek a target on its own(atlantis pilot) so they must be smart and figure out what enrgy is what to get through.
                  sigpic

Comment

Someone on here theorized that Ori cannons were essentially the Arcturus project, but with concentrated exotic particles in the leading head, these particles are capable of penetrating shields quite easily and they alse drain energy around them. That is why we see the fluxuation in the Ori shields as they are fired.

Drones seem to be made from the same tree, but a different branch. Meaning that they use Arcturus energy, concentrate those particles around the drone which is why we see the glow, and are capable of penetrating shields.

Also, drones have no AI, they are directed by the person in the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                      I just had a little idea that perhaps the reason why both can penetrate Goa'uld shields is that they the glowing energy produced by an activated Ancient Drone and the powerful energy burst from the Ori Cannon is one and the same. It's both yellow and basically produced by the same race, Ancients and Ori aka "The Alterans" before they split into two factions.

We have yet to see Ancient Drones' effectiveness against Asgard shielding. If Asgard shields are able to withstand a few hits from the Ori Cannon, it's possible that it could withstand a few Drones before finally being overwhelmed with the number of Drones.
                      yup - I had a discussion some time ago about the effectiveness of ori shields against drones (I was of the camp who said the ori shields will block the drones, until they're drained anyway)

and personally after seeing the new asgard shields perform against ori guns I'd even give these shields a fair chance against drones (though I'm not as confident as with the ori shields)
                      unfortunately it's far less likely to be verified as I doubt we'll see an ancient warship up against an ONeil or a DSC304 (and ori ships seem to prefer beams over drones)

Comment

anyway, most of the ori ships are 'blessed' by priors to work, so i think its a bit more ascended powers rather than actual technology?
                        Nope, all technology.

Comment

The Ancients were the alterans and the Ori before they split up. The Drones carry a frequency emmitter that gives them the cappability to pass through sheilds. The Ori beam cannon Does not have a frequency emmitter and therefore cannot simply pass through sheilds.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                            The Ancients were the alterans and the Ori before they split up. The Drones carry a frequency emmitter that gives them the cappability to pass through sheilds. The Ori beam cannon Does not have a frequency emmitter and therefore cannot simply pass through sheilds.
                            Source? What you said sounds a little... "Trekky"...

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                              The Ori beam cannon Does not have a frequency emmitter and therefore cannot simply pass through sheilds.
                              um...it can, unless u missed Ethon, Camelot & several s10 episodes
                              it can pass through older asgard shields as well as goauld shields (inc. the new ones previously used by Anubis' forces)

Comment

Working...
                              X