Clear All

The Circle (302)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "The Circle"

"The Circle"
    Ep: 3.02
    Release Date: November 2nd, 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit

When Colonel Saunders tries to take the Circle of the Ancients from the rogue Kih'Andari, matters escalate quickly, and tough choices will have to be made. Meanwhile Colonel Grant finds himself confronted with a person from his past.
    Outstanding
    7.14%
    Good
    71.43%
    Fair
    21.43%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

This episode will be released Thursday, November 2nd, 2006. The thread is open for discussion, so feel free to post last minute speculations or expectations.

Comment

Ohh... Sounds mysterious, and interesting. I look forward to reading it.

Comment

The episode has now been released!

As usual you can find it on the temporary link for now at http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargat...the_circle.pdf.

The episode will be added to the website later today. Also, expect the podcast for this episode to be out later today as well. Yup, you've heard correctly. Podcasts are now really happening weekly.

I hope you enjoy the episode. And we all hope you'll be posting your thoughts and comments on it after reading it.

Comment

The episode was okay, but it felt overall underwhelming. I'm upset that Sato fired the first shot; while it was indeed an adequate tactical maneuver, I think it was foolhardy, not to mention that it does no justice to his character. The 'fanatic' rogue Kih'Andari didn't feel all that fanatic, no matter how much we were told they were. Some of the Julia/Caitlyn scenes felt pointless. The tension was completely off; the pacing wasn't fantastic either. Act 3 and 4 were more or less one really big act. Some of the dialogue felt a little forced, somewhat implausible. Chase seemed a little OOC. The team moments were okay, but for some reason, they just didn't leave any impact. Also... for some reason, this episode felt short. Short, in such a way that the middle of the episode felt more like it was closer towards the beginning, and in that there didn't seem to be enough depth to it all.

Hmm... Overall: ***

I'm looking forward to "The Search," though. That's promising.

Comment

Nice job on this episode. I give it a four star out four and keep up the good work.
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
              Nice job on this episode. I give it a four star out four and keep up the good work.
              No offense, EN, but did you even read it? I mean, seriously, everyone else who posts about the episodes says what they liked and disliked about it and actually have some sort of discussion about it; if you really liked the episode, the least you can do is show some respect to the authors and give them a complete opinion - not just a vague and hazy 'great job!' post.

Comment

As usual, since I didn't participate much in the episode, I can post my comments on it.

As many have picked up on, this episode is a lot of setup, yet it's also a conclusion. Although the Valiant does fire a shot, and there is a firefight, people looking for action wouldn't find it much in the episode. However, there were plenty of character moments and I enjoyed the David/Saunders interactions.

Because this is setup, we'll definitely see many of the themes from this episode picked up on down the road: Rogue Kih'Andari, Vorian Civil War, Circle of the Ancients, and the Book of Nosah'trah, to name a few.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                  No offense, EN, but did you even read it? I mean, seriously, everyone else who posts about the episodes says what they liked and disliked about it and actually have some sort of discussion about it; if you really liked the episode, the least you can do is show some respect to the authors and give them a complete opinion - not just a vague and hazy 'great job!' post.
                  FYI, I did read it. There is nothing to say. Is the shuttle like an alkesh?
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                    The episode was okay, but it felt overall underwhelming. I'm upset that Sato fired the first shot; while it was indeed an adequate tactical maneuver, I think it was foolhardy, not to mention that it does no justice to his character.
                    The Dischargers were set for minimum power, so he knew they wouldn't do any damage to the Shuttle. Regarding his character, I really don't agree; I'd recommend to check out the podcast for more on that. I don't feel like typing everything I've already said there.

Some of the Julia/Caitlyn scenes felt pointless.
                    There's only one scene with the two of them (at the top of act three); as to why it's there, the answer's on the podcast.

The tension was completely off; the pacing wasn't fantastic either. Act 3 and 4 were more or less one really big act. Some of the dialogue felt a little forced, somewhat implausible. Chase seemed a little OOC. The team moments were okay, but for some reason, they just didn't leave any impact. Also... for some reason, this episode felt short. Short, in such a way that the middle of the episode felt more like it was closer towards the beginning, and in that there didn't seem to be enough depth to it all.

Hmm... Overall: ***

I'm looking forward to "The Search," though. That's promising.
                    I don't agree with what you've said about the pacing; the structure looks perfectly fine to me. And, unfortunatly, I don't know what OOC means either. Sorry.

Actually, on second thought, I guess the means "out of character." I can't agree with that either (I do think I know the characters at least a little), but if you have an example for where he'd be out of character, I'd be happy to explain.

It's nice to see different oppinions, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                      Is the shuttle like an alkesh?
                      The Shuttles are the new and more advanced versions of NASA space shuttles; they're basically little transport ships, containing two decks.

Comment

Yeah, how big are those things. I'm up to page 45 right now, wont finish it tonight, by sunday.
                        But how big are those thing actually supposed to be in realation to our shuttle, they seem a bit big to me. Let us see, David, Saunders, four armed men, garrison, navigator, two armed thugs, Horizon-1 plus Tom. That makes a crew of fifteen, and the current shuttles cn carry around seven, this leads me to believe that they are significantly bigger then the NASA shuttles, any way let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                          Yeah, how big are those things. I'm up to page 45 right now, wont finish it tonight, by sunday.
                          But how big are those thing actually supposed to be in realation to our shuttle, they seem a bit big to me. Let us see, David, Saunders, four armed men, garrison, navigator, two armed thugs, Horizon-1 plus Tom. That makes a crew of fifteen, and the current shuttles cn carry around seven, this leads me to believe that they are significantly bigger then the NASA shuttles, any way let me know.
                          They are significantly bigger. They're little starships, containing two decks, crew quarters, a recreational compartment (in other words a mess hall). The only thing they have in comon with today's NASA shuttles is the names, and some design features. Someone actually started designing them around the time "The Adversary" came out, but as so often the job was never finished.

I'm still hopeful that eventually we might actually get some more designers who won't run like hell after the traumatic experience of working on our little show here. Just kidding. It's a great experience, fantastic. Really, it's true. You better believe it.

Seriously, eventually we'll have a functioning art department. I've said it before; I'd do it myself, if I had the time and the skills to do it. But unfortunatly... I don't. But some people do.

Comment

By the way, I've just added a poll, which I forgot to do this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                              And, unfortunatly, I don't know what OOC means either. Sorry.
                              It stands for Out Of Character.

Comment

Working...
                              X