The Circle (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
    Actually, on second thought, I guess the means "out of character." I can't agree with that either (I do think I know the characters at least a little), but if you have an example for where he'd be out of character, I'd be happy to explain.

It's nice to see different oppinions, though.
    Well, in regards to Chase. During his dialogue about losing his watch and all that, I kept hearing this different voice in my head. I don't know, something a little more childish. I tried to hear it like Browder would say it, but it just didn't quite click.

As for the Caitlyn/Julia scene, well, I guess it was just the ending of it. It seemed like it was almost a joke: "Oh, crap, where's the toilet? Ominous cut to..." It seemed sort of out-of-place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
      Well, in regards to Chase. During his dialogue about losing his watch and all that, I kept hearing this different voice in my head. I don't know, something a little more childish. I tried to hear it like Browder would say it, but it just didn't quite click.
      I think Ben would be perfectly cabable of saying those lines the way they were written. And as for Chase, it's nothing unusual for him to be talking like that.

As for the Caitlyn/Julia scene, well, I guess it was just the ending of it. It seemed like it was almost a joke: "Oh, crap, where's the toilet? Ominous cut to..." It seemed sort of out-of-place.
      That line was intended to be funny. And I found it quite funny.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

i liked this epsiode better than part 1. The suspense was just greater. =]

Comment

Overall I put this episode at 7 out of 10

Their were several things I like and several things I did not like.

First thing first I suppose I start with the ending.

The ending was all wrong to me, Saunders did not seemed like the guy that was make such a mistake of going back to the same planet that endeavor was orbiting. I mean his organization manage to steal a shuttle, some how got back into earth orbit beam up Saunders and his men, even left orbit or stayed and waited to pick david and his family up and all this with a out getting detected by the ISGC, then not planning on one their own guys on getting caught, and giving up the information on the whereabouts of the endeavor seemed unlikely. It would of made more sense if Saunders would of planned on meeting up with endeavor around a different planet orbit, or left the endeaver to be capture as diversion tactic so saunders could get away with circle of the ancients , it just does did not seemed likely a organization resourceful as we have been lead to believe would make such a simple error, surly with their spies at ISGC they would of found out about horizon knowing the planet location and the sending of the valiant to intercept the endeavor.

I also did not like what happen on the science station, Saunders was cold blooded enough to shoot one of scientist dead and then we were told he had a toxin which would killed every one on the station. But for most of the episode it seemed they were just seemed they were standing around talking. Such a character as Saunders would not of just stood around they would release toxin straight away. But why were they in that room for so damn long with so little development, at lease a hour, I think the script, seemed far longer to me. I would like of david to of got chatting to one of the scientist or the Saunder interrogating Say'bar about artifact, it just needed more depth to the situation they were in.

But finally we get on to something I did like, chase jokes about not looking for the book and then it just turning up when they are not looking for it and some of the other smart ass jokes through out the episode I thought was quit funny and entertaining, although it did not fit quite well with the situation I thought they added to whole episode.
          Some of daughter and mother moments were quite good, although I would like tiny bit more depth to them I thought they were generally good. And I love the Sato firing on the shuttle great moment. Although he should also alerted the transporter operator to be ready to beam any one of the shuttle if necessary. Also I would had him aimed to take out the shields in one, but that just my own choice. Or have a other vessel show to disable the valiant, which would of been quite nice surprise and perhaps show why garrison was so ready to fight at first and explained why they the endeavor stayed in orbit of the planet.

Also I was bored last night and so I decided I would make a 3d mesh on what I though the shuttle endeavor looked liked, still not complete yet I thought post it here any how.

See what you think of it. Am I heading down the right tracks or not. And by the way they are not official pictures
          Last edited by knowles2; 04 November 2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hi the shuttle looks cool but the nose looks woung to me i think it should be a bit rounder and a little longer. Also you could angle the tails fins at the back into a v shape it could look cool but thats just my view feel free to ignore me if you disagree.

Comment

Well this going of topic of the thread but I post them up in the original ship design thread, where we discust these things. But I will say that I do intend to redesign the nose, because your right is not round enough. So things I intend to add

1. More rounded nose and smoother connection to the main

2. Shorten the widthe of the back end of the wings, they look to wide.

3. Add some antennas and hulll plating and weapons, somewhere for the wheels to come out from. So basically a lot more details.

Unfortunately updates will not be out until tomorrow at the earliest, a I have got to try to do a few tutorials for MYSQL and rugby on rails, for my uni work. Also all updates will be posted from now on in the original design thread. Unlees this does becomes a official design.

Comment

I thought that this episode was good.
                Loved the banter that the team was doing with eachother, like SG-1. Evn in the darlest of times they can still have fun going through the gate. It didn't seem OOC to me. Loved Grants 'oh I should have known' line.
                One thing that I do agree with Saunders is the fact that someimes in really nasty wars, like the one they find themselves in, sometimes innocent lives will get hurt or killed. But let me be perfectly clear, there is a huge difference between going out of ones way to killing innocent life, then accidently killing somebody. Which brings up my next point, I was half hoping that Saunders really made a Charlie Foxtrot with those scientists. I was hoping that they might turn out to be regular old Vorians and not the Kih'Andari, that would have meant that Saunders just hoped they were, and would have put him in the wrong.
                The episode was slow, but I have a feeling that the reason for that is the fact that it sets up the search.
                Great job Alex.

Comment

A couple of things bugged me about this episode.

Why would scientists got to the trouble of modifying the symbiote poison so that its lethal to humans? Why couldn't you just use a regular nerve gas which would be equally as potent and easier to procure?

And there is a specific line that Saunders has. Something along the lines of, "are you reffering to me or yourself." Sounds like something an eight year old says to a bully in the school yard.

But I'm being pedantic. Neither of those things had much impact on the episode. Overall a good setup for events to come in the rest of the season. I look forward to seeing Saunders character develop. He should be an interesting villian.
                  "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                  I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Great job Horizon team! That was a great job! Sweet writing too.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

I like this part better.

since the first few episodes, Chase reminded me of a friend. And cause of that I don't see Ben when I read the episodes, I see a fully grown version of my friend.
                      That pretty much gives me the ability to see whenever Chase is off character. IMO he was right on character.

Sato's Decision was a good and tact full one. I would of ordered the shields shot tell the passengers could be beamed off as someone else pointed it out earlier.

This is a good setup for the season. The search for that book, Involving the old plot arc about the Circle of the Ancients. And the Personal issues that need to be resolved were shown.
                      [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                      HARRIMAN
                      I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                      [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                      HARRIMAN
                      So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to reply to these questions sooner.

Originally posted by Aris Boch View Post
                        A couple of things bugged me about this episode.

Why would scientists got to the trouble of modifying the symbiote poison so that its lethal to humans? Why couldn't you just use a regular nerve gas which would be equally as potent and easier to procure?
                        The answer to this one is a spoiler for "The Search, Part One."

Spoiler:
                        Since we now know that these people are basically the Trust, it makes perfect sense that they'd still have that symbiote poison available somewhere, as they were the ones using it in the first place.

And there is a specific line that Saunders has. Something along the lines of, "are you reffering to me or yourself." Sounds like something an eight year old says to a bully in the school yard.
                        Somehow if I picture Peter Weller saying that line it definitely doesn't sound like an eight year old boy to me. Much rather it sounds like a serious threat.

But I'm being pedantic. Neither of those things had much impact on the episode. Overall a good setup for events to come in the rest of the season. I look forward to seeing Saunders character develop. He should be an interesting villian.
                        Thanks. Sorry again that none of your questions were answered sooner. If that happens again feel free to just remind us, or just re-post them in the Ask The Horizon Team thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-25CSAR View Post
                          I like this part better.

since the first few episodes, Chase reminded me of a friend. And cause of that I don't see Ben when I read the episodes, I see a fully grown version of my friend.
                          That pretty much gives me the ability to see whenever Chase is off character. IMO he was right on character.

Sato's Decision was a good and tact full one. I would of ordered the shields shot tell the passengers could be beamed off as someone else pointed it out earlier.

This is a good setup for the season. The search for that book, Involving the old plot arc about the Circle of the Ancients. And the Personal issues that need to be resolved were shown.
                          Glad you liked the episode.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of what lies ahead.

Comment

Again I thought this one was fairly quiet in many ways, and it felt like the story could have been tied up much quicker.

On the other hand a lot of interesting doors were opened and, as mentioned before on here, there is a lot of set up for future events.

I think Sato acted spot on, it seemed exactly the right move to make in that situation.

Chase for some reason felt really odd, I can't quite put my finger on why but something didn't seem right with his characterization.

Saunders seems like he is shaping up to be an interesting adversary for the new season.

Conner had some great scenes too, is he going to stick with his famiy and stay on earth or is he going to let himself be drawen back into the dangerous duties that he feels he needs to be involved in?

Overal fairly good, moved the story forwards a bit and again asked some interesting questions. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is all going.
                            I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Christmas has kept me from writing a proper review?* for this episode, so I'll give a brief summary. Very similar to The Rougues and entertaing to see how far some people will go. More development on the Kir'Adhari. I?* look forward to The Search
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

The most interesting thing about this episode was easily the David and Saunders interactions. Was great to see them two together, especially as did seem to be on the right side (I can't remember too much about the season or how it all turns out). These 2 episodes have been amazing for David.

And Chase was odd, seemed rather over the top with his comical dialogue.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X