Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Elizabeth Hoffman (Catherine Langford)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Elizabeth Hoffman (Catherine Langford)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    THE MATRIARCH
    GateWorld talks with Elizabeth Hoffman

GateWorld catches up with Elizabeth Hoffman, Stargate's film and series-transcending Dr. Catherine Langford!

READ MORE ...

Thanks for the interview. It was quite interesting....I wish we could know what would have happened had she accepted the part.

I'm always kind of surprised when an actor says they never saw something they acted in. On one hand I understand that it might make them uncomfortable, especially if they are hard on themselves or that they have already moved on to the next project by the time the finished product comes out. On the other hand, though, it seems sort of like just taking your paper or test back from your teacher and never looking at it....not the grade or what you may have missed or gotten right.

Comment

Lovely interview. I remember the first movie I saw her in Fear No Evil.

Comment

I think it was just a matter of her never catching it on DVD. I'm going to be mailing her a copy in a few days.

Comment

A lovely and respectful interview. Nice touch with Paul's voice.

Comment

Glad to see this actress interviewed. I was sorry they killed her character off, but considering she was retired, I guess I can see why. Nice job.

Comment

A lot of folks have been emailing us with clarification of the origins of the Langfords. Everyone has been emailing in saying they are Swedish.

Comment

They're Swedish. In the movie (at the very beginning) Doctor Langford (Katherine's father) speaks Swedish with some other guy. It's obvious the actors aren't Swedish, though (or they were just off that day). Sometimes their Swedish is good, sometimes, it sounds bad.

Whoever's playing Dr. Langford has a pretty weird pronounciation and the other guy says "Coverstone" (with a weird pronounciation nonetheless) when the subtitles say "Coverstones".

Furthermore, when Dr. Langford says "Herregud, vad är det (där)?" ("Oh my God. What's that?"), the subtitles say "What in God's name is that?" ("Vad i Guds namn är det där?")

An interesting note is also that Dr. Langford calls Katherine Katarina (the Swedish form of the name). It seems Katherine anglofied her name later on in life.

Viveca Lindfors was Swedish, as well.

Comment

Awesome interview! What a treat! Thank you Gateworld.
                  Gatedreamer
                  Save Stargate SG-1

Comment

A very interesting interview, thanks.

Comment

That was probably one of the most touching and heart fulfilling interviews I have listened to David - absolutely superb. Hopefully we can see Catherine again down the track, but I doubt we will while she is tending her garden. She is a very lovely and 'honest' actress and I wish her all the best.

Comment

That's the thing -- I absolutely cannot fault her for wanting to live her life in the golden years, but ... boy would it be great to have her back at some point.

Comment

Wonderful interview, such a lovely down to earth person. Enjoyed her performance in Dante's Peak, one of my favorite films. She developed the character of Catherine Langford beautifully, it was a shame we couldn't see her one last time.

Comment

Personally, I would love to see an AU episode done sometime to show us the original idea that was planned should she have agreed to do it.

I would be very interested in seeing how her story played out and because of that, I think it's a very interesting episode and I regret she not accpeting to do the episode. I think it would have been a great treat.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X