No announcement yet.

Eye of Jupiter (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can appreciate what you are saying, and agree to an extent. However, I feel that BSG has always been a show that has focused on the fallability of the characters, how messed up they are, the mistakes they make, and how that ultimately makes them decidedly human. I just think this whole relationship angle is another way of looking at that.

Comment

ok. Here's why i think baltar is a cylon:

a)opening scens from nuke explosion on caprica. Six pushed him down to shield him from a nulcear blast...skinny six, protecting baltar, how did he survice
      b) projection. Says enough. He has been projecting six forevee in his head. A guiding cylon conscience perhaps?
      c) virus. He was the only one on the basestar that wore a closed suit. So he couldn't be affected by the virus...sharon ya notice, didn't have on a helmet when she was on the infected ship
      d) looking back at older episodes.. remember when baltar shot crashdown? Six in his head was always saying, you aren't a man yet. after he killed/saved kali, she said, now you are a man... double meaning methinks...I thin the thread here may be that he is an original five cylon.. don't know how this fits in with human created cylons yet... but i think he is key to the whole babylon like storyline...a story arc the creator had since the start...he seems to genuinely like being with the humans if he is a cylon, so perhaps he is like an ancient... living among humans to protect them? who knows.. lovin the speculation...
      d) he pieces together the eye of jupiter ...

Also, since adama has nukes ready to launch, and chief is about ot push a button, my guess is it's a weapon/pointer to earth... it takes out the basestar...so adama can't nuke anything...methinks chief is the chosen one.. this way, the baby and baltar are recovered...as we know from spoilers the baby goes back to athena and helo...

Just pieceing together my own theory...

Comment

I agree, the only thing I would add to a) is that with Baltar and Six are in each others mind because the IMP would have fused there programs.
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Good point, she has the same thing a baltar in her head, however that wasn't really explored muchly...too many plots i'm guessin...

now that i read a pile in here... i am also pondering starbuck, (eye of jupiter on her caprica apartment wall) and even Tyrol wiht his dreams...

who knoooooooows. sure is fun not being able to predict it though. Lost Suuuuucks compared to this...

Comment

Right!

And Welcome the The BSG area.
            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Oh, and when Tyrol entered that cavey place, was I the only one expecting him to see a Dharma symbol somewhere?
              Originally posted by full.infinity
              A what?

Comment

1. OK, it's now confirmed that Baltar's got no solid home at all. You have to wonder what his long term gameplan is.

2. Lee was a dumbar$e with his gameplan. If you're having to rely on a guy who only knows guerilla tactics, allow him to play to his strengths!

3. Liked the Chief's conflict about blowing the temple up.

4. Best guess is the Cylons blocking the nukes somehow, thus setting back their attack plans.

Definately one of the better eps of the season.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That "algae planet" seemed to have a lot of plant life that wasn't algae! Would there really not be anything tastier to eat on the whole planet? And why Cally had to go down onto the planet leaving baby behind, I will never know. As for them leaving Chief Tyrol to figure out this whole eye thing instead of sending somebody to help him, I really don't get that. He's not exactly Daniel Jackson, is he?
                  And the whole Starbuck / Lee / Anders / Dee mess, I do think if they have to go down that path then the writers should have tried a bit harder to give them some kind of reasons for acting in the way they do that actually gel with what we already know about their characters, or at least that are believable.
                  Oh yeah, and I loved the "visiting privileges" line too. And it was good to see that Michael Rymer lined all the shots of Tigh up properly so that we could see his good eye!
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Raithe View Post
                    What I didn't like
                    - Kara Thrace & Lee Adama, esp. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
                    - Standoff between Lee Adama and Anders, uhm ya after getting beat up by Helo in a prior episode, Lee is looking to get his arse whooped by Anders, shouldn't even be a contest, Anders towers over him
                    - Roslin being in the command deck towards the end
                    - Lee Adama's pseudo leadership skills, which I'm not sure if the next part sheds more light on, but Starbuck, Dee and Anders are doing most of the leading on the ground from the looks of it (Starbuck recommends to put Sam Anders in command, Dee is coordinating, etc.)
                    - Cliffhanger ending

What I liked
                    + Sharon's intensity in her eyes after finding out about a baby
                    + Admiral Adama's reaction to finding out to the truth about the baby (walking out on Roslin)
                    + The Admiral calling for the nukes on the planet towards the end
                    + Admiral Adama, Admiral Adama, Admiral Adama

I know there's more minuses than pluses, but I enjoyed this episode overall, good to see a lot of elements of the overarching storyline come together...
                    I pretty much see things as you have seen them in this post. I just watched this episode today for the first time so my post is a wee bit after yours. Sorry.
                    - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Just watched this episode the other night with my wife. I hadn't seen it in quite a while, and had forgotten it ended with "...to be continued." Needless to say, the wife did not like that very much. I love that she has gotten into this show so much.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I love that she has gotten into this show so much.
                        it has that effect
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                        X