The Passage (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
    Because it was a big freakin' star-cluster! They would have gone, but it would have taken more time than they had before the entire fleet starved to death. The only option was to go through the cluster before the fleet was torn asunder by hunger riots and slow, inevitable death. It was a lose-lose situation, and the fleet chose to take the lesser of two evils buy risking the cluster rather than exercise futility by going around..
    No the entire season is in the old Battlestar series 2D universe. Where there is always a planet nearby to crash on, where you go through nebula and find a planet. Where planets are abundant but stars doesn't matter. Therefor the cloud was an obstacle to go through, and that's why Jupiter is more important than Sol.

Comment

Adama, in general, knows very little about the human looking Cylons, even less than we, the audience.

He does not know (at least I don't think he does), that their spines go all aglow during sex.

One thing he does know for sure, as he discovered on Ragnor Anchorage with his struggle with Leoban, is that the Cylons, despite being stronger than most humans, have a greater susceptibility to radiation sickness. Adama was able to eventually defeat the Leoban model because of this weakness.

Nevertheless, Adama tasks Athena with the initial scout mission to ferret out the "Passage" in this episode. Why wasn't this exactly the wrong choice to make ?

Comment

I asked the same thing at the skiffy BSG board, and someone came out with it being a different kind of radiation. So maybe the cylons are more sensitive to some kinds of radiation than humans, and less to others. That's the only explanation I've heard that makes any sense whatsoever.
        sigpic

Comment

Not a bad episode... Admittedly I'm no fan of Kat's but I think it was handled better than Scar (an episode I found both tedious and dull). I liked the fact that they dealt with the depleting food supply... and also some mention of the Cylons. I detest the menage a trois (D'anna, Baltar and Six)... but I'm intrigued by the nameless Five.

The one thing that's beginning to worry me about this show is it's gradual descent into soap opera territory. It's always managed to keep a fine balance but lately, *sigh* it's been losing sight of what made it really good in S1 and the first half of S2.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

[QUOTE=P-90_177;6080505]...I thought she was a great character and I strrugle to see why people didn't like her. She was just a mini-starbuck...QUOTE]

I greatly disliked the character of Kat and am absolutely happy with her demise.

Kat had no redeeming qualities. She flew on a fraction of the missions that Starbuck did, but Kat thought she was entitled to always pick fights with Starbuck. Kat was spoiled, self-entitled, and bratty. They were not equals when it came to pilot/military capabilites, but Kat thought she was better than Starbuck. Kat had no respect for the fact that Starbuck was a fantastic pilot and military strategist. Kat was a boastful thug. If a character is going to be insubordinate and rebellious, they better have the skills to back it up. Yes, Kat had skills, but enough to be the pain in the a** that she always was, especially to Starbuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
              Man.
              Killed off one of my favorite characters.
              Much sadness.
              AMAZING episode though, absolutely amazing.
              I see people talking about how crappy BSG is getting, but I see it getting better and better.
              Le sigh.
              My friend, I completely agree. What a tragedy! I truly mean it. Man, it is HARSH out there in the depths of space. Thanks again for another engrossing ep.
              sigpic

Comment

1. Surely that algae would taste foul even processed.

2. If they were going to throw in that stuff on Kat's backstory, they shouldn't have killed her off in the same ep!

3. So our favourite frackhead is back in CIC! Right!

Overall, I preferred this to the soap opera stuff in "Unfinished BUsiness" but it wasn't as good as 'Hero'
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Oh dear, I would say worst episode ever but I'm not sure there haven't been some worse ones that are blotted out of my memory. The main plot just seemed so contrived, like a Star Trek plot (I'm thinking Voyager in particular), and I thought that was exactly what the makers of this show were trying to avoid. They are always going on about how BSG is "character-driven", but that doesn't mean suddenly inventing a back-story for a minor character to explain killing them off and making that the main focus of an episode, does it? And I didn't buy this whole food shortage / algae planet thing for one minute.

It might have been a good idea if each season had been 13 episodes only, so they wouldn't need these filler ones.

Oh, it was good to see Tigh back in CIC as XO. But every time they do a reaction shot of him, they should take the time to line it up to show his good eye! What on earth is the point of showing only the side with the patch, so you can't see his expression properly?
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

if any ep in the series shows you how honest bsg is it's this one

death, suffering, and taking time out for nice character moments (saul returning to CIC)

Comment

Honest, yes! Agreed. I like it more every time I watch.

The visuals in the cluster are magnificent. I love the way the gas particles are pulled in as a ship makes a jump.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post

2. If they were going to throw in that stuff on Kat's backstory, they shouldn't have killed her off in the same ep!
                        yeah, no kidding
                        Originally posted by GobiasSumCoffee View Post
                        Best episode this season for one reason, the death of Kat.

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                        Man.
                        Killed off one of my favorite characters.
                        Much sadness.
                        AMAZING episode though, absolutely amazing.
                        I see people talking about how crappy BSG is getting, but I see it getting better and better.
                        Le sigh.
                        yes, twas sad. i actually found the ep rather "blah" myself

Comment

THANK YOU! Kat is GONE!

Worst character in the show.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                            THANK YOU! Kat is GONE!

Worst character in the show.
                            so say we all. !!!!!
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This is an old thread so I don't expect any responses, but something has always bugged me about this episode, and how the raptors were supposed to lead the other ships through the radiation cloud.

As soon as a raptor pilot lost visual on the ship they were paired with, they reacted as though they've lost it and they could no longer transmit jump coordinates to the large ship. Why does it matter if the pilot has eye sight on the other ship? I don't get this. Why was it necessary for the raptor pilot to actually see the other ship, and how did that help with transmitting coordinates? How did the process rely on visual sight at all? Obviously they can transmit radio signals as long as the other ship is within a certain radius for comms to work, but that radius has nothing to do with how far you can see with your eyes.

Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X