Hero (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right...

1. Beebebrox: Having the NC resistance going suicide bombing was irresponsible writing true. Claiming it was a deliberately anti-US slant though? With some exceptions I tend to take people at face value though so if RDM says he was thinking WWII then I'll believe him.

2. Adama's guilt over the cacked up mission was good though it should have been more for shooting down his own guy than provoking the Cylons.

3. Tigh's still a frackhead to some extent but he was actually OK in this ep, credit to him for working out the Cylon plan with Bulldog

4. Don't really care about the Cylon stuff in this ep.

Better than the last two parter.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hmmm, I read the first 4-5 pages of this thread the other day after watching the episode, but then I couldn't read the rest yesterday as the site was down, so this morning I thought I should read the rest of it before posting what I thought of the episode. But apart from the last post, none of the stuff on the pages I have just read seem to have much to do with this episode, rather the series in general.

anyway... sorry this isn't about politics etc...

I could tell I was going to love it from the "Previously..." In the beginning, the Cylons attacked and started a war and then some stuff happened with Adama and Tigh. That just about sums up all the important stuff so far in the series to me! I know that this epi is full of plotholes, but this is the first episode of season 3 that I've wanted to watch a second time because of the character stuff, especially Adama and Tigh. Loved every scene with Tigh in it, especially when he pwned Bulldog. And I loved it that what got him out of his quarters was a visit from Starbuck. It reminded me of in season 1 when Starbuck was in the infirmary with her injured leg, it took a visit from Tigh to get her out of there. And I do hope Tigh is back in the CIC after this; Adama was right about there being something missing without him there.

Was I the only person who thought it was Baltar escaping at the beginning? The crackly transmission they picked up, when he was saying "Bulldog" it sounded like "Baltar" to me. Or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. It seemed quite plausible to me that D'Eanna would have helped Baltar escape after she thought he told her he loved her.
      Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Did I miss something? Who the heck was Bulldog? Just lazy in the writing department to create a plot and character that has taken place in the time that we've seen the show.

This is my first run through of the show. Season 3 has been very poor so far. Eps1-5 were great. Then... Blah.
        sigpic
        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Yeah, they were planning to do more with him, but after that episode the actor became unaivalable, and his arc got aborted. The middle of season 3 is indeed the worst part in the series, but it gets better, especially in the end when Romo Lampkin is introduced (they guy in my avatar)
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
            Did I miss something? Who the heck was Bulldog? Just lazy in the writing department to create a plot and character that has taken place in the time that we've seen the show.

This is my first run through of the show. Season 3 has been very poor so far. Eps1-5 were great. Then... Blah.
            bulldog was to unstable imo to be allowed back into the military. as for season 3 it's my favorite bsg season
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Just watched this one tonight with my wife. She seemed to really enjoy it. With all our shows currently back on with their new seasons, this was the first BSG episode we have gotten to watch in a while. I had forgotten just how good this one really was.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                It gets worse, unfortunately... "The Passage", "The Woman King", "A Day in the Life", the lack of forward momentum for the rest of the season, the dreaded romantic triangle of doom...
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                  It gets worse, unfortunately... "The Passage", "The Woman King", "A Day in the Life", the lack of forward momentum for the rest of the season, the dreaded romantic triangle of doom...
                  that's one person's opnion. all the eps you just bought up IMO are awesome.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    that's one person's opnion. all the eps you just bought up IMO are awesome.
                    Of course, there were some redeeming qualities, unlike with "Black Market" and "Sacrifice"...

"The Passage" had some good moments throughout but overall I thought it was kind of a mess.
                    "The Woman King" was reasonably well-constructed and gritty but the plot felt contrived.
                    "A Day in the Life" had a few enjoyable scenes but some rather awkward flashbacks to Adama's wife.

I realize that different strokes for different folks applies, but I thought that while Season 3 got off to an absolutely amazing start, it sputtered in a big way...

Anyway, getting back to this episode... I generally didn't like it but the thing that I really did love was Tigh's monologue about loss.
                    Last edited by Ulkesh47; 22 October 2010, 10:48 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                    X