No announcement yet.

A Measure Of Salvation (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never liked - or to be precise - I never cared for him. But since this episode I dislike him. And much more I dislike the idea of him getting away with his treason unpunished.
    sigpic

Comment

OK they have a virus that only affects the Cylons and not humans so why don’t they release it throughout the fleet. If anyone gets ill from it, it’s a very good chance they would be one of the missing Cylons we don’t yet know about. They will once and for all find all the remaining Cylons in the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by peter_pan View Post
        OK they have a virus that only affects the Cylons and not humans so why don’t they release it throughout the fleet. If anyone gets ill from it, it’s a very good chance they would be one of the missing Cylons we don’t yet know about. They will once and for all find all the remaining Cylons in the fleet.
        Playing with dangerous new pathogen - bad idea. How do you expose everyone to it? Are humans potential carriers but immune? What if it mutates? Uurgh.
        scarimor

Comment

Right...

1. Helo had a point in that they already knew that one Cylon had defected, therefore, others could as well. Therefore, they didn't need to commit genocide to defeat the Cylons. Furthermore killing off the Cylons now would make the series boring so his decision was for the best!

2. Baltar is switching between ultralogic and complete insanity!

3. OK...so Lee's confirmed as busted back to Major yet Helo's ID'd as Galactica XO! Yet he's only a Captain!

Decent enough ep played well philosophy wise.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I don't see how a virus would spread to the resurrection ship. Isn't it only the memories that are transferred? What made everyone so sure that the virus would be transferred as well.

From what I remember it's an organic virus not a computer virus

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
              I don't see how a virus would spread to the resurrection ship. Isn't it only the memories that are transferred? What made everyone so sure that the virus would be transferred as well.

From what I remember it's an organic virus not a computer virus
              Yes but they said something about a "bio feedback" or so. Seems a little constructed though, I concur.
              Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Helo needs a punch in the Koballs after this episode.

Roslin should do it.

WAdama needs a slap in the pock cheeks after this episode.

Roslin should do it.

Roslin needs one of those Cylon torture chambers after this episode.

To Baltar she should do it. And do it. And do it...
                sigpic

Comment

Oh dear, the end of this episode seemed to be such a cop-out. Adama never had to decide what he thought they should do and then stand by his decision - he passed the buck to Roslin with that "use of biological weapons has to be authorised by the President" nonsense, and then was relieved that Helo ruined the whole thing. I would much rather have seen him make a decision and have to live with the consequences.

As for Helo, how can Adama or anyone else trust him with anything now, much less the job of XO?

And the whole virus thing makes as little sense as any "virus" plot, biological or computer, in any SF show I've ever seen, so the less said about that the better, I think. I think all the main plotholes in it have already been covered on this thread!

Of course, I was never going to like an episode that didn't have Michael Hogan in it, and only had a very brief appearance from Starbuck.
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHearted View Post
                    I usually do not post. However, this episode disgusted me so much, that I feel obligated to say something.

Helo needs to be killed for doing what he did. However, that is not what disgusted me the most. Rather, it is the fact that Adama just looks the other way when they find out what Helo did.

They are in a war. The human poplulation was almost wiped out by the cylons.

They finally get an opportunity to eliminate the cylons, and they actually debate it? Seriously, these humans need to die off. When you are in a war, you do what you have to do to win. Nobody in war says, "Let's try to win this in doing the least amount of enemy casualties possible." Rather, they'd say, "I'm going to get each and every one of them."

Anybody who believes that if they were in such a situation, a war, that they would actually pity their enemies and not want to kill them all needs to get himself checked out, mentally.

After the season premiere, I read on Scifi.com that many people were considering stopping watching Galactica because of what they believed to be political statements on the war on Iraq. That wasn't my case, as I don't believe any statement was made. However, after this episode, I seriously consider stopping watching, as I'm just plain sickened out. It's so stupid, it's not even funny.

Yeah, your friends, your family members are killed, and almost your whole race is wiped out, and you actually hesitate? And Helo? Please. They aren't freakin' humans, you dumbass!

I understand that the producers didn't do it to not end the series, but it would have been better to not make such an episode. I'll watch next week's episode, but if they pretend like they never had this opportunity, if Helo doesn't get what he deserves, I think that'll be it for me.
                    I agree with you fully. They want to wipe all of humanity from the face of the universe and they admitted it in the end of the first episode of season 1. They have been perusing the fleet for more than a year and helo along with some posters in this thread think its a crime against humanity. Newsflash humans dont resurrect on the resurrection ship when they die. Cylons cant even produce children. When in a war you do anything to survive and if its wiping out a race that wants to wipe you out then so be it. They started it.

Comment

Wow, you people really have no consciences! I came on here to rant about how I couldn't believe that Roslin WOULD wipe out an entire species and you're all here complaining that Helo wasn't thrown out an airlock! What kind of people are you? "They started it."? Are you out of your frakking minds? Is this some more of that 'eye for an eye' crap because if you recall it was fear of the humans wiping them out that led to the cylons trying to wipe humans out first. Committing genocide only proves that they were right!

And to me, it's sure proof that if humans are capeable of that, then they don't deserve to survive...

Agh, I can't even argue clearly, I'm so disgusted.
                      sigpic
                      "Science flies you to the moon.
                      Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

helo FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfP2drXGPTo 3:57
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Those guys must have had so much fun making BSG! They're a funny bunch! Does FTW mean for the world? I have no idea! lol
                          sigpic
                          "Science flies you to the moon.
                          Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

i don't know, but their frakking resurrection ship is gonna overheat.

still laugh to this day

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i don't know, but their frakking resurrection ship is gonna overheat.

still laugh to this day
                              Yeah, my wife really loved that line too when we watched it tonight.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Yeah, my wife really loved that line too when we watched it tonight.
                                i will always love that line. and i watched this ep the other day.

Comment

Working...
                                X