• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Measure Of Salvation (307)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON THREE
    A MEASURE OF SALVATION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307

The crew capture a group of Cylons infected with the deadly virus, and plan to spread the plague by executing them while within range of a Resurrection Ship. Baltar is tortured when his betrayal of the Cylons is discovered.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:51 PM.

this was a good episode sucks there had a chance to at least knock the cylons down a notice ...even just a little would help. i like the idea that it's turning into a race to earth and the 13 tribe.

kinda nice that there didn't bring up the starbuck saul storyline.

good thing that saron didn't go see the prisoners there would had told her the baby is still alive and that would of opened a new can of worms
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

and it seems as the series goes on Rosalin loses more and more of her humanity

she is becoming utterly rufless and cruel...and Lee was an evil SoB as well that laugth he did when he figuered out to use the virus aganst the cylons was down right evil

and Helo has become the voise of reason(and Admiral adama as well to an extent)

Helo was absolutly stunning in this episode and has shot him up to my fav character in the series

and the Baltar scenes where just creepy to me
      Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 10 November 2006, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Helo has always been my favorite but he really had a chance to shine tonight.

Good ep. Interesting moral arguments back and forth. I tend to side with Helo's view of things: even if they are "just" machines what Roslin was planning to do to them is exactly what they were planning to do to us- just a different method of execution, if you'll pardon the pun. I'm also hopeful that he's right about there being more cylons out there who would willingly make the same kind of choices Sharon did. We know it CAN happen to an extent, as we saw with "Hero" Boomer and "Hero" Six, but that didn't wind up playing out very well. Still, there's always hope for improvement, right? Or is there? Maybe they're as prone to self-destruction as we are.

Comment

Shooooooo-wee! I'd trade places with Baltar in a heartbeat.

Roslin's demeanor is really starting to irritate me. Next to the entry "condescending" in the dictionary should be a picture of her. Okay, "irritate" is too weak of a word—I can't stomach her.

Basically, the plot was a throw-away. I feel nothing of real significance occured—at least nothing readily apparent. Baltar's exclamations of I believe! might be of importance down the road, I dunno.

All in all, an fairly enjoyable episode, but certainly the weakest of the season, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
            and it seems as the series goes on Rosalin loses more and more of her humanity

she is becoming utterly rufless and cruel...and Lee was an evil SoB as well that laugth he did when he figuered out to use the virus aganst the cylons was down right evil

and Helo has become the voise of reason(and Admiral adama as well to an extent)

Helo was absolutly stunning in this episode and has shot him up to my fav character in the series

and the Baltar scenes where just creepy to me
            Speaking of Baltar's scenes, they're beginning to take on a David Lynch sort of quality to me, right down to the melancholy piano music. And, yes, that's definitely creepy.

Comment

Helo has always been my favorite but he really had a chance to shine tonight.
              Helo was my 2nd favorite character behind Admiral Adama untill this episode so he didnt get boosted that much

and Im glad Helo is getting more spotlight

Roslin's demeanor is really starting to irritate me. Next to the entry "condescending" in the dictionary should be a picture of her. Okay, "irritate" is too weak of a word—I can't stomach her.
              I can see her turning into TOS version of Balter...except shes a woman and shes on the colonial one not a base star planning how to destroy the cyclons instead of the human race...

Comment

Is Baltar dead? Or is he about to become the Cylon God?

I pretty much see where the show is going. The cylon race and the human race will have to make peace and live together.

If this was real life, I think most people would be in favor of killing the cylons. It is a question of survival. More importantly, the amount of hatred one would feel because of the cylon death, destruction, and abuse would be overwhelming; so most peopl would want them extinct.

Comment

Baltar's scenes still keep reminding me of 2001. Or 2010. Or something like that. Or at least, it reminds me of those vague memories I have of those movies. I don't think I've seen them since I was a kid. Definitely high on the surrealism level, though. I wonder what they're trying to accomplish with the whole "reality is what you dream it" angle. If they pull some kind of Matrix thing and we find out that all of reality is just a game or forced reality or something I shall be very annoyed. Pretty sure it's leading to something else, though. I'm just not sure what.

Wouldn't it be funny if Mental Six really WAS the cylon god? Or a manifestation of it, anyway. Either way I'm pretty sure that's the effect she was going for with the whole sexing of Baltar during the torture scene. Convince D'anna that he's had a vision of God...

Comment

I love how they're using raptors in conjunction with vipers now.

Roslin is right. Posterity may damn them, but at least they will be around to do the damning. Or do we really think that after their failed experiment in human-cylon co-existence on New Caprica, they won't just cull earth once they get there?

Galactica should weaponize the virus. Raiders get resurrected too. And since raptors fire missiles now...

Comment

After that big emotional mess hall scene last week, no Tigh??!!

Is there some significance with Baltar vocally admitting his love for mindSix? Like now they can have lots of babies...somehow...?

Did Sharon intentionally blow up the infected basestar? Why?

Comment

I think that "Prayer" with Athena(Sharon) involved was not really a prayer but a joint Command that set the self destruct. Just thinking out loud. Athena didn't seem to surprised when it went off.

Comment

Disappointed with this episode, will explain further tomorrow going to bed..

5/10
                          We're whalers on the moon,
                          We carry a harpoon.
                          But there ain't no whales
                          So we tell tall tales
                          And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I didn't think this episode was that great, it was ok but I felt it was full of cliches. We've seen the whole humanity found something that will kill the entire species but if we do it we will lose our humanity. The only kicker here is that humanity actually was going to use it! So for that I can forgive that cliche. I am glad that the writers didn't go with Sharon saving the cylons, but they did try to throw us a bone that she may have blown up the basestar.

You really think they would have kept one or two cylons around for tatical reasons, it would have taken only one to infect the entire race. But the whole virus thing is a little sketchy with me anyway, how does a biological organism travel through a download? That doesn't make sense to me.

The Baltar scene's were interesting, certainly the Baltar/Six beach sex scene was intense. Will be interesting to see how he will fit into cylon society and what kind of control he will exert over it. I'm blown away James Callis performances in these past episodes.

Overall, not the best episode I've seen of BSG but not the worst, give it an 8/10.

Comment

Please tell me they saved a sample of the virus.

Helo should be tied for treason. "If its a mistake I can live with it", excuse me? A mistake means the end of humanity sure you can live with that? Glad Roslin shut him up about Cylons trying to live with us on the planet.

Roslin was great in this episode. Cylons struck first and tried to kill everyone. I would have expected a call for complete surrender to the Cylons before using the weapon but they would have laughed it off.

Cylons represent the worse collectivist society imaginable, their culture is programed, they are still struggling machines in understanding how humans live (they have to control everything or it doesn't make sense), and they believe they have permission from god to rule the universe. If the Soviet Union launched nukes at the US we would have fired back and not considered how nice that would be, the Cylons already attacked and set the stakes, wipe them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X