• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn (306)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON THREE
    TORN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306

Baltar must prove his value to the Cylons when a Base Ship is infected with a mysterious plague. A vital clue about the path to Earth is found, and Admiral Adama confronts two crew members who are sowing discord.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:47 PM.

in case someone missed it, the keyword for the exclusive content is Apollo

this will go down as another slow one, but what it's lacking in explosions, it more than makes up for in character interactions. we get to see into the interior workings of the cylon base ship and 'torn' is a very appropriate title.

cause everyone is 'torn' between two masters/options/choices

a very good chapter

and that's just what it is, one chapter in many. right now the show's not episodic bits and pieces, but an ongoing saga
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is it just me, or did that device on the infected Base Star look like Nomad from ST:TOS?
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Holy crap. HOLY CRAP.
        Really enjoyed this episode, so much story, so much weird cylon stuff, and next week's teaser... holy crap!

Comment

Cool ref to Tron with the "End of line" thing. (nice anagram, too)

I liked this ep a lot better than last week's, even if it was a "slow" one. Lots of character development, good interaction and a deepening of several plots. It's also nice to see the seven models issue raised. I wonder what's wrong with the other five models that The Seven don't want to discuss them.

Comment

Wee! Another symbolic haircutting!

Seriously, though, this was one of the better character-based episodes, in my opinion, and I enjoyed the new insight into the cylon way of life. The writers did a good job explaining why the interior of the baseships is so barren. Quite the creative way of covering budget limitations.

Comment

I wonder is the device deadly because its to keep people away, or because someone didn't clean it and a germ on it mutated
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Starbuck is starting to come around, but Tigh is just going downhill. Too bad Starbuck didn't kill Kat when she collided with her.

Lee's back to Major, so that solves the chain-of-command issue.

A good ep.

Edit: The device was left by the 13th colonists to dissuade the cylons from following.

Comment

or if that stuff growing on it is it being 'absorbed' by the ship, which is how stuff was spread, contamination

sigpic

Comment

now that baltar is 'gone' someone has to be the antagonist, and it'll be tigh.

he will become a force to be reckoned with and Adama will have to deal with him

IMHO, he will leave the galactica and continue to brew dissensioni between the people

sigpic

Comment

What's the timeline on Cylon creation as compared to the twelve colonies? I'd have thought that the 13th colony left before the creation of the cylons, but it'd be an awfully big coincidence for a lost colony beacon to be covered with some kind of viral material that kills toasters.

Oh, and how hypocritical is Roslin?

Comment

Finally, Kara is coming out of her spiral of self destruction. Shows you what a good haircut can do for a girl!!! Seriously, I was wondering when Kara would snap out of it. I prefer her to be a strong, kick a$$ space pilot!!

Tigh...looks like he hasn't hit bottom.

Balthar...he can't get off the bottom.

Gaita...I hope he continues to have some development this season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                          Finally, Kara is coming out of her spiral of self destruction. Shows you what a good haircut can do for a girl!!! Seriously, I was wondering when Kara would snap out of it. I prefer her to be a strong, kick a$$ space pilot!!

Tigh...looks like he hasn't hit bottom.

Balthar...he can't get off the bottom.

Gaita...I hope he continues to have some development this season.
                          Leban will not like there next meeting
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            What's the timeline on Cylon creation as compared to the twelve colonies? I'd have thought that the 13th colony left before the creation of the cylons, but it'd be an awfully big coincidence for a lost colony beacon to be covered with some kind of viral material that kills toasters.

There's a huge (although unspecified, but think epochs) span of time between the departure of the 13th colony and the creation of the Cylons. It was either a plain-vanilla coincidence or a prophetic/destiny-fulfilling coincidence that the marker from the 13th colony (if that is what it was) caused a virus amongst the Cylons; but it wasn't some sort of 'Anti-Cylon' mine.

If I'm not mistaken, the 13th colony (Earth people) was never even with the 12 colonies peoples when they were in the '12 colonies', as they departed right from Kobol, so even if the time line WAS close, there was no interaction. But it wasn't close. Many many many generations between the exodus (the original not the new episode ) and the Cylon creation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

i think those 'unspoken' five cylons have something to do with it

to use the stargate analogy, this cylon disease could be the same thing as the symbiote poison...created by tok'ra to kill goauld even though it'll kill the tok'ra too

and of course roslyn is hypocritical. everyone is hypocritical in a way, and there's not much room for ideals when the survival of a species is at stake

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X