• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Do (306)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    I DO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306

Pickett's threat on Sawyer's life brings Kate and Sawyer together, and prompts her to remember a man from her past. Jack makes a decision about Ben's offer.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:02 PM.

Spoiler:
    Poor Nathan Fillion always getting drugged by his lying wives.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Damn was that a good episode, I can not wait until February. RUN!!!!!!!!!!

What was the story Jack was talking about to Kate?
      sigpic

Comment

I dunno about that Abydos...maybe it would help to watch an old episode?

what an explosive episode. dammit is it Feb yet??? they better not kill off Sawyer! and I like how they want us to think that Jack has the upper hand. he is being played....by Juliet.....

ROFl @JDS comment about NF!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
          Damn was that a good episode, I can not wait until February. RUN!!!!!!!!!!

What was the story Jack was talking about to Kate?
          Oh how easily we forget. In the Pilot when Jack runs out of woods and helps all the surviving passengers, he finds a place on the beach where he can be alone. His back is wounded from the crash, but he can't stitch it b/c he can't reach the wound. Then suddenly comes along this very beautiful woman who's in shock(Kate).

He asks her to stitch his back but she's reluctant. Eventually he convinces her, but she says she's scared. Then Jack tells her a story when he was operating on this girl and the operation went wrong, "the nerves started spilling like angel pasta." He started freaking out, but then he told himself he will let the fear overtake him until he counts to 5 and "that's all i'm gonna give it." Then he finished the operation successfully

Later on in the episode, when the monster came after Kate, she froze from fear. But then she remembered Jack's story, counted to 5 and started running. She got away from the monster
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe this is writers basically winking at us, in part because Kate ended up with Sawyer. Back in the Pilot episode, they made it seem like Jack and Kate were going to be together. Also in this episode when Jack saw Kate and Sawyer together, Ben came along and was commenting on it. He was cut off by Jack right before he finished his thought. Ben was probably going to say that he thought Kate seemed to be more Jack's type.

That story is key how Jack came up with the plan so quickly. When he saw them together, he probably flashed back when he first met her,cause lets face it he has feelings for her. His plan is to make an accident happen on the operating table and then let some time go by, in this case an hour.
          Last edited by darman; 08 November 2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post

what an explosive episode. dammit is it Feb yet??? they better not kill off Sawyer! and I like how they want us to think that Jack has the upper hand. he is being played....by Juliet.....

ROFl @JDS comment about NF!

I agree Cindy, is it Feb yet??? I love Sawyer, he's my desktop wallpaper right now. I can't believe they are gonna run 16 straight weeks of new episodes, I cannot wait!!! *jumps up and down* I am almost positive that it is Juliet who is running everything on that particular island, she seems to be actually the one in control, even though she tries to make it seem like Ben is in control. And I am really interested in the girl with the slingshot's story.....seems like all isn't right in the other island paradise.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
            Photobucket

Comment

she isn't right because that is Alex - Rosseau's daughter, that the other's abducted after she was born.

solid ep tonight for sure. not as revealing as we were all led to believe, and also the cliffhanger was definitely not what i expected either.

its too bad jack doesn't know they're on another island, and kate and sawyer can't go anywhere.

and juliette definitely is CREEPY. she's up to no good i think. but i don't know HOW.

most curiously though - what is the significance of eko's stick, and what's north! go locke go! find it!

Comment

A good episode! Not great, but an okay cliffhanger (gah!!!). Kate and Sawyer's having sex was an interesting development, which anyone who saw the preview should have figured out. Sawyer's "I love you" was intriguing, given that I didn't think he would admit that to her, although he wouldn't be a total jerk after that.

Michael Emerson once again pulled out all the stops in his performance! Seriously, I will be pissed if he doesn't get an emmy for portraying Ben. Jack was also exceptional. His range of emotions, particularly after seeing Kate and Sawyer together was great to watch. I wasn't particularly impressed with Kate's flashback, though it was nice to see that she wanted to settle down. Still, her flashbacks usually center around running from her problems and that gets a bit repetitive. Jack's had a ton of flashbacks and the focus of each has varied at least.

Locke's discovery of the clue had me wanting much much more! I wished he had had more time to start exploring. Hopefully his story will be addressed early in the second half. Also, I'd like to see something from Charlie, Claire, Hurley, Jin or Sun, since they were absent this week and largely from last week.

Overall, I give it ***

16 Friggin weeks!!!!
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

The episode was okay. I had figure out most of what was happening from the promo, and the flashbacks were also not surprising - we already knew Kate was married once (from the Kate-Sawyer "I never" game), that she had taken a pregnancy test once ("The Whole Truth"), and that she had called the marshall pleading to be left alone (somewhere around the end of S1).

I'm a little put off because I thought that Carlton&Damon had said we would know what's up with Karl at the end of the 6 eps. Guess what - I still don't really know. I was also expecting to get to know who's the bad guy - Ben or Juliet or both. I'm still not any smarter. And no patch eyed guy either, although I think that's the detour Locke wants to take.

I got to admit that the cliff hanger was better than I expected. I thought there would be still about 5 or 10 minutes more. I completely missed that Kate can't for the heck of it escape to the main island's beach, until memnarch pointed it out. Maybe they'll introduce some kind of escape tunnel in the next episode.
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

For a "last" episode before a huge break, I guess I was expecting something a bit better. Seemed to be all about Kate and Sawyer and it really dragged. I like those two together, but it was too much whining and crying. I wanted to see more of Locke, Desmond and the gang as well. Besides, everyone knows Sawyer isn't gonna die anytime soon, as Ausiello already stated that at TVGuide.com when all the death speculation went around before last week's episode.

Nathan wasn't used much - wish we could have seen more. Heck, why isn't he on the island as one of the other castaways TPTB are bringing into the story?

My feeling on Ben and Juliette - I love creepy Ben, but I suspect later we will find Juliette is the real nasty.

I would rather have had the break start last week, leaving us with the monster vs. Eko scene. That really shook up the fans. This ending left me yawning instead of thinking, "OMG, we have to wait until February!"

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Fantastic episode, definately the best yet this Season. I really liked the cliffhanger they left with and although Sawyer and Kate got it on, I still think she's going to pick Jack. Loved Nathan (Mal) in the episode, hope he returns somehow.

**** from me
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
                        I would but it's currently on my iTunes Backup disk and odds say I probably couldn't add the Pilot on to my iPod since I don't very much space left on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Terrific ep. Loved every minute of it.

So, the Others were all surprised to see Alex in their compound. I wonder if it's because they left her on the Losties' island. If so, that means she found a way to cross the divide. If she could do it, that means there must be a dingy or a home made canoe or something that Alex will have hidden and possibly Sawyer and Kate will find?

That Ben is such a toad, promising Jack that'll he will let him leave the island. Sure, you will, Ben; you'll let him leave Alcatraz and return to Monster Island.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

[QUOTE=sgeureka;5982825]The episode was okay. I had figure out most of what was happening from the promo, and the flashbacks were also not surprising - we already knew Kate was married once (from the Kate-Sawyer "I never" game), that she had taken a pregnancy test once ("The Whole Truth"), and that she had called the marshall pleading to be left alone (somewhere around the end of S1).
                            [QUOTE]

One thing I have realized after seeing promos for Lost, is that not to expect too much. That way when you see the episode and nothing happens, you aren't disappointed, but if something big happens, you get excited.

I enjoyed the episode. I liked seeing Jack doing that to Henry, talking about showing some backbone. (No pun intended.) That was pretty good.

: Green is Good.
                            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Well, it's pretty much a given that either Kate or Sawyer will die. They had sex. That's what happens on Lost; you have sex, you die later that episode. I'm guessing it will be Kate. Sawyer's much too popular a character to kill off, and having it be Kate will really put both Sawyer and Jack through the ringer.

...I thought the tumor was on Ben's NECK.
                              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                              What have these years left to me?
                              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Working...
                              X