This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo is British

I was watching the interview with Bamber on the 'behind the scenes' type thing on SciFi.com, and he's got a very british accent. I always always thought he was american - damn he can do good acting.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

You just found this out? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vash View Post
      You just found this out? lol
      Yeah......He just seemed so.....patriotic, why doesn't he use his british accent in the series I wonder?
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
        Yeah......He just seemed so.....patriotic, why doesn't he use his british accent in the series I wonder?
        Because EJO didn't want to play Adama as British? Or can't do a British accent so Bamber had to lose his accent. But mostly in the show, people appear to use their own accent as far as I can tell, with the exception of Jamie Bamber.

Comment

Cause for his character the accent wouldnt work. Can you see a British Apollo? Plus his father doesn't speak British English so it would be odd if his son did.
          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Because only Baltar is allowed to speak English English... The rest speak American English.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
              Because only Baltar is allowed to speak English English... The rest speak American English.
              Or Canadian English.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                That fallows the thinking that the British accent sounds more imperialistic. That is the reason Lucas used for having the Empire use all British assents in Star Wars and American for the rebels. Maybe there is a little of that here.
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

It's comforting for Americans to generalise English accents with bad/evil people. I've lost count of the amount of films that Hollywood had churned out where the bad guy is played by someone with an English accent.....

It's the same with the WWE, anyone that's not flavour of the month with the US is the bad guy in that. British, Canadian, etc. Gives all you rednecks and slack-jaws something to hoot and yell about.
                  Last edited by V-MAN; 30 October 2006, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Damn limey lobsterbacks Don't forget that D'anna has a British accent as well.
                    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN View Post
                      It's comforting for Americans to generalise English accents with bad/evil people. I've lost count of the amount of films that Hollywood had churned out where the bad guy is played by someone with an English accent.....

It's the same with the WWE, anyone that's not flavour of the month with the US is the bad guy in that. British, Canadian, etc. Gives all you rednecks and slack-jaws something to hoot and yell about.

Hell, look at Star Wars. ALL of the Imperials have British accents.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                        Hell, look at Star Wars. ALL of the Imperials have British accents.
                        that's so true, we're not all that bad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire View Post
                          Damn limey lobsterbacks Don't forget that D'anna has a British accent as well.
                          Actually, it's a New Zealand accent...

Oh, and does Vader count as an Imperial? Because he doesn't have a British accent.
                          Last edited by Lady Snow; 30 October 2006, 10:00 AM. Reason: add re: SW
                          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN View Post
                            I generalize English accents with sexiness, well women with British accents, men I don't care about so much!

But there are other characters on the show that have British accents, the nurse in the begining of season 2 that operated on Adama. I'm almost positive she had a British accent. In fact I think she was Jamie Bamber's wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                              Actually, it's a New Zealand accent...

Oh, and does Vader count as an Imperial? Because he doesn't have a British accent.
                              James Earl Jones is too cool to have an accent haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X