The Return of the Podcasts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return of the Podcasts!

Yup, you've read correctly. It's true. The podcasts have returned! And this time they'll be heading your way on a weekly basis! For real!

I've been planning to do this for quite a while actually. It was hard to not say anything, but we wanted it to be a surprise; and who would have believed it, anyway?

For now we're releasing the podcasts on an individual website, to which we'll add a link on the homepage. You can download them there every week, and starting with "The Circle," they'll be coming around the same time as the episode. Over time we might also give the podcast site a bit more of a Horizon-look. But for now it's really just important that we've got them up. The new average length is about 44 minutes, just as any audio commentary for an hour-long television show would be.

To get to the site, just click on this following link: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/files.html

On a side note, technical problems had forced me to wrap up the commentary on a seperate file. But fortunately Vincent was able to edit both files together. Vincent is also the one who's generously provided us with this webspace; thanks very much, Vincent.

And with that, I'll just say look for the podcast for "The Circle" sometime next Thursday. This season I'm planning on pulling a Ronald D. Moore, meaning I'll really be doing podcasts on a weekly basis. And if we're able to work out the technicalities, some podcasts may also feature commentary from additional staff members.

Enjoy!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I enjoyed it, quite insightful. I haven't checked out the ones for 2.12 and 2.13 yet, but I will. I'm looking forward to listening to these every week.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I think having podcasts back is a great thing. I love them because I can just put my headphones on and kick off the day with some Stargate: Horizon.

As Alex said, some other writers might be doing podcasts, I'll be giving it a go for at least one of my episodes.

Comment

Alex couldn't post this himself because he's working late today, so I get to do it this week. The podcast for "The Circle" is now available and is 45 minutes long.

Anyway, it can be found here.

I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
          I think having podcasts back is a great thing. I love them because I can just put my headphones on and kick off the day with some Stargate: Horizon.

As Alex said, some other writers might be doing podcasts, I'll be giving it a go for at least one of my episodes.
          I look forward to reading them.

Comment

Two in a row is just lucky, but three ?? Alex Rubit is on a spree.

Anyway, the podcast for "The Search, Part 1" is now up and is available here.

Enjoy.
            Last edited by Wineblood; 16 November 2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

This soon, go Alex.

Comment

He tells me they're getting easier as they go. Once he gets going, it's smooth sailing; I think we'll be seeing these get released for a long time down the road now.
                Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

They do seem to be getting easier for him. In the last one he makes a decent joke in the teaser part.

Speaking of the latest podcast, I just put it up and you can download it at the usual place.

Comment

For those who haven't noticed, the podcast for "Preservation" is now up on the podcast page.

EDIT: Nevermind, link seems broke.
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Yep, link is broken because I haven't been able to put the podacst up yet. I'll try again now to see if it works.

Comment

Podcast is up, finally.

Comment

The podcast for "My Enemy's Enemy" is now up:

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/files.html#3X07
                          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

If no one else, I listen to the podcasts.

Comment

Ive listened to the first four episodes of season 3 but I can't get them as easily now because at home I have dialup (too far out for ADSL) so I have to download them at UNI. As it is the summer break atm, I can't get them

The ones I did listen to were really insightful, and it is better to hear all of the names spoken aloud so we can get the pronunciation right.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X