This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator Elections

Does anyone else think that we should be able to vote for someone to become a moderator, someone who can speak for the people and spread enlightenment to a place where there once was none.
    Yes! Vote for me!
    4.94%
    Yes! Vote for Me!
    2.47%
    Yes! Vote for ME!
    0.00%
    Yes! Vote for MEEEEEEEEE!
    11.11%
    Yes! I don't want to be a mod. Vote for me though, wouldya? Please?
    13.58%
    Wormhole Xtreme or X-treme for those picky types
    67.90%
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    Does anyone else think that we should be able to vote for someone to become a moderator, someone who can speak for the people and spread enlightenment to a place where there once was none.
    You sound like a prior ....or possibly like someone from Lord of the Rings, but anywho....I don't think so. It seems to me whoever chooses mods (Sorry, I don't know that *ducks*) has been doing a great job, and I don't think we (the users) should mess with that . *runs away*

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Moderator elections are a bad idea. In the end, such things become a popularity contest and the winners could end up being people with little to no experience and have no idea what they are doing.

It's always best for the staff of a site to pick it's moderators, because then they can ask about what experience a person has, what skills and talents they have and more importantly, the staff would be picking someone suited rather than the most popular member on the site.

sigpic

Comment

Bad idea

23 000 people, about a quarter of whom will probably be vocally playing favourites...

nope nope...bad idea.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

What a horrible idea. Degenerating modship into a popularity contest? Those who are the most popular aren't always the ones who are best suited for the job. I'd rather have someone who's unpopular but competent than someone whom everyone loves but who keeps screwing up.

Modship is about COMPETENCE, not popularity. The mods are the ones who best know what qualities are necessary in a good mod and I have no problem with them (and ultimately Darren) deciding who's in and who isn't.

Gateworld isn't a democracy and I don't think it should be.

Comment

Hell no.

Comment

No way. Ever ...

this place is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship ... but at least the dictator actually has some sense.

In other words i trust Darren and his crack team to make the decisions a heck of a lot more than i'd trust everyone else as a group. There are so many different groups of people around, and people are more likely to vote for the people they know than some stranger from a different section, rather than consider who'd actually do the best job.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yeah i dont think thats a good idea
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

In a one word answer. No.

Comment

Horrible idea. This forum would turn into a campaign ground. That would detract from the true point of the forum. Darren and his crew have this covered. Trust in them.

Comment

okay, so that's a no off everyone then?
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                        okay, so that's a no off everyone then?
                        Yeah, pretty much....sorry

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by CamandVala View Post
                          Yeah, pretty much....sorry
                          okay then, back to the 'IDEAS FOR A THREAD' board for me then.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe if the mods said "OK, you have a choice between this member and this member, get voting" but otherwise, no!
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

And leave the loser KNOWING that he/she is a loser and that people don't like them and don't want them as a mod? Yeah, real nice plan...

Comment

Working...
                              X